Race In The Wind My Runner

Guest PhillyPups

Guest PhillyPups

It was three years ago today, a beautiful day in Florida, I woke up, we did our thing, both hounds were perfectly healthy, Sugs was a bit tired that day, so Runner and I headed off to a M&G at Tony Stewart's Tent at Daytona International Speedway for the Busch Series. Runner was his magnificent self, smiling at everyone, and winning people over. At about noon, as he was standing by my side, I was scritching his ears, which he held up, when he went right over at my side with a massive heart attack, ripping a piece of my heart and soul with him as he went. Runner, I so wanted to go right then and there with you. You were my first, my introduction to the greyhounds, the love of my life, my heart dog. Runner, you were a racer first, a retiree second, if you could have your way, you would have raced in the day and come home with me at night. You taught me so much. Everything I do or have done for the greys since you walked into my life has been in honor of you, Runner, for what you brought me. I still miss you so my Big Brindle Bubba Boy, Race Free in the Wind. :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

9dfc0198cb10475c99cf0883d1687c60.jpg

Guest wmlcml6

Runner, run free forever, man. Your Momma Pat loved you so much ... make that ... will always love you. Thanks for introducing her to greyhounds because she is now a true supporter of your breed. Did you see your jacket on Scooter?? How about that? Pretty cool, huh?

Guest PhillyPups

Thank you, I dedicate the song "The Dance" to him, I would not have missed one beat of it, knowing the pain I have since he went to race in the wind.

Guest jettcricket

Oh, how tragic.....I can only imagine how you must have felt at that moment. To lose him so quickly, so unexpected.....it is so painfully hard when they leave us. They really do take a piece of our heart and soul with them. Their elegance, their goofyness, their softness, their unconditional love. I lost my heart dog as well....my big, beautiful Chance....my first grey. He taught me so much...there's not a day that goes by that I don't think about him...I miss him terribly. Know that your not alone....I feel your pain. All we can is hold onto the memories and know that one day we will be reunited with our beautiful grey babies....... :brokenheart

Guest MomoftheFuzzy

Oh, Pat, I'm so sorry about your Runner. Hearing his story was so heartbreaking but I'm glad I know it because knowing he spent his last few moments with you and hopefully not in any pain since it was so sudden. It must bring you some comfort to know he was giving his all before he passed. :heart You certainly do your part to give on behalf of him with your generosity and warmth. Hugs to you and the rest of your hounds. I'm so sorry again -- I hope you find peace today, as hard as it may be for you. :beatheart

Love,

Chrissy, Gino + Speck

Oh my heartfelt sympathy,I can't even imagine what you must of gone through that day.Especially at the Daytona and I know that is just coming up this week.Just remember 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow" we will meet n greet one last time!!!!I can only imagine the party we'll have.Runner, run free with the angels. :f_red:f_red

Pat I've been thinking about you and Runner today. You are such an advocate for these wonderful babies and a great support to their humans. Thank you.

:gh_run:f_red

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.