• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest seraphimandie

I am 29, Hubby is 35, Dolce (my first IG) will be 3 in two weeks, Elvis (my second IG) will be 3 in December and Finnegan is aprox 3-4. We don't know his birthday.

I was 27 and single when I first adopted; 11 years later I've lost my heart dog but am preparing to adopt again. :colgate

I do remember thinking there weren't many 20-somethings with greys when I adopted, but then most of my 20-something friends weren't exactly responsible dog owners, so the whole leash thing and lifetime commitment might have scared them off (plus, lots of people think you need GIANT yards to own greys, and how many 20-somethings own their own houses?).

gallery_17468_3098_7486.jpg
Dash (Mega Batboy), & forever missing Kipper (RD's Kiper, 2006-2015) & Souldog Dune (Pazzo Otis, 1994-2008)
"..cherish him and give him place with yourself for the rest of his but too short life. It is his one drawback. He should live as long as his owner."
James Matheson, The Greyhound: Breeding, Coursing, Racing, etc., 1929

Guest TaylorP

I'm 19. No grey yet, but will adopt in a few years when I've got my own place with my bf. We already agreed to adopt a grey soon after we move in together. I can't wait!

Currently, I have a 16 year old bichon named Tippy, and a 5.5 year old standard poodle names Matrix. I plan to take Matrix with me when I move out, so he'll get to pick our grey.

Guest KreweOfRoo

Real age is 41, but mentally, I feel 29...physically...decline to state. (thanks flu shot)

In my 20's and 30's, I was a professional ACK (yes, I know its AKC, but ACK describes it better) handler...have been in dogs since I was 6 years old and did my first dog show. Now enjoying my hounds and loving every minute of it.

My show days breed was Samoyeds, but handled all breeds. That is how I learned about Greyhounds and now love them.

I'm 26, and just adopted a couple months for the first time(Cookie Dough). I adopted my dachshund from the shelter last October.

http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc124/TgrrValily/CookieMac2009pt2/siggyyayayayayay.jpg

Waiting at the bridge: Buddy James, Cookie Dough, Shelby, and Mac. My angels :angelwings:angelwings:angelwings:angelwings

New dog mom to dachshunds Ginger and Ruger :banana:banana

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest bordermutts

I'm 18 (turning 19 in March), although in all honesty I really don't feel like an adult yet... :huh

Right now I've got 2 border collie mixes... well, technically one belongs to my mom, but I love them both... anyway, I really want a grey, but I'm in college so unfortunately it could be a few years before I have the time or money for another dog.

I'm 30.. getting dangerously close to 31 next month! *oh noes* I'd say 27 is more appropriate for me. :lol:

Roscoe is 3 1/2 years young. :)

Edited by DevilDog

GTsiggy_zps0481d543.jpg

Lisa with Finnegan (Nina's Fire Fly) and Sage (Gil's Selma). Always missing Roscoe
www.popdogdesigns.net pop art prints, custom portraits and collars