Remembering My Dad...

Guest mogreys

Guest mogreys

I know this isn't a loss of a pet, but we shared so much joy over the years when it came to our greys. I thought I would share two poems that I read at my dad's funeral last year:

What Makes a Dad

God took the strength of a mountain,

The majesty of a tree,

The warmth of a summer sun,

The calm of a quiet sea,

The generous soul fo nature,

The comforting arm of night,

The wisdom of the ages,

The power of the eagles flight,

The joy of a morning in spring,

The faith of a mustard seed,

The patience of eternity,

The depth of a family need,

Then God combined these qualities,

When there was nothing more to add,

He knew His masterpiece was complete,

And so, He called it ...Dad

Irish Blessing

May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine upon your fields,

The rains fall soft upon your fields

and, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the palm of his hand.

My dad was a lot like greys are, it is even comical when I think of it how much a like they are. He could take a nap anywhere, in some rather peculiar positions. He didn't ever meet a stranger and if he liked you he'd bend over backwards for you. He liked to eat good and loved to act like a kid, even when he got up there in age. Even though my dad wasn't a big man he had a presence about him that you would have thought he was a giant, but he was a gentle soul, who everyone loved.

Thank you dad for everything you did for me and making me the person that I am today. Thank you for passing on the love of this wonderful breed that we both hold so dear to our hearts. I miss you very much, but I know you are with me everyday.

Until we meet again,

Drin

Edited by mogreys

I know this time is sensitive for you. My dad is still going as strong as he can, I lost my mom this past summer....they had been married 55 yrs.

I will certainly keep you in my prayers & thoughts during this time for you to continue to have strength.

:f_pink:gh_lay

Guest DogGone

I'm so sorry. I miss my Dad too. But weren't we lucky to have such special fathers, who gave us so much. Time helps a little, but even after 8 years I still cry missing mine. :grouphug

Guest VaGreymom

I liked the first one. We just buried my father yesterday. It was a nice military funeral as my father was a priosner of war. I wrote/read a tribute to my father and my husband read a really nice poem. Everyone says he will just take time. I am sorry for your loss.

Drinda, what a beautiful tribute to your father. He sounds like he was a wonderful man. Hugs to you and your family.

Judy

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

:grouphug:grouphug:f_red I know...

It is just so hard and the pain is so great! :(:grouphug

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry your dad isn't here with you any longer. He sounds like a wonderful man who brought many smiles to others' faces. And a lucky man, to have someone love him as you do.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.