Rusty Crossed The Bridge This Afternoon

Guest Yossarian

Guest JoziesMom
Thank you everyone. We sure appreciate your support. It is still very strange & sad, time will heal. Being at<a onMouseOver="window.status='' ; return true;"  onMouseOut="window.status='';" oncontextmenu="window.status=''; return true;" onclick="location.href='http://www.enhancemysearch.com/admin/results.php?q=work&id=4';return false;" href="" TITLE="More Info..."> work </a>and having some distraction was good. The change in the evening routine is going to be the hardest, he had a real prescence around the house.

On the plus side, we talked a bit today about waiting a while and sorting some things out and then begin the search for greyhound number three. There will never be another quite like Rusty, but there are many wonderful dogs looking for a home.

It's nice to be back on gretalk, and you all remind me of why it is so terrific here.

1229248[/snapback]

I'm so sorry about Rusty. We just lost our grey too - found her body on January 10th after she had missing for about 2 months. It's hard to get used to them not being around anymore. Thank goodness for the wonderful memories to always look back on and to help us keep our sweet, wonderful companions in our hearts.

I wanted to tell you about a video that really helped comfort me with the loss of Jozie. It's called "Animals In Heaven?" by Dr. Jack Van Impe. It can be ordered by calling 1-800-584-7777 or on the web at www.jvim.com. I recommend it for anyone who has ever lost a pet.

Again, I'm sorry, and I will put you in my prayers.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry.

Godspeed Rusty. There'll be no pain at the bridge, and many of our puppers will be there to greet you.

:gh_run2:gh_run2

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Rusty sounds like he was a wonderful pup. Godspeed Rusty. :f_red

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest MollyMom
Hi everyone, I haven't been postinf for a long time, lurking a lot, just didn't have a lot to say or offer to the board...

I supect there aren't many here still who remember me or my greys.

But my first dog, and my first Greyhound, left us today.

Sorry I have been a bit out of touch lately, life has been pretty busy and lots of ups and certainly some downs.

But, I guess there is no easy or good way to tell you that Rusty died today.

It  was all over really fast. He'd actualy had a few little things going wrong for the past month or so, he had pancreatitis at thanksgiving, recovered. He had that strange limb swelling again 2 weeks ago, that went away, he had a hip sprain - we thought last week. Over the weekend he continued to get back to himself, full of energy and life. Sharon was sick witht the flu so we just hung around here a lot as it was a long weekend for both of us from work. This morning he got up like a firecracker,we went for a walk, he chased roscoe around gobbled up breakfast and then seemed to have hip relapase, but it got worse and worse with the pain. The vet called in a prescription for some opiates, but they had no effect, he was crying so badly and could not get comfortable. We took him to the vet at 1 pm and left him there to get looked at. They topped him up with morphine but it made no difference. We got there at 2:30 and he was just in agony, they think he had a massive stroke this morning and lodged a clot in his spine. His limbs were all cold and his tongue was dry and a bit blue. He recgonized Sharon and I and poor Rus just started to cry. We knew then that we had no choice, and helped him go.

It is all very wierd. I did promise him I wouldn't let him suffer if I could help it. I think he went just the he would have wanted to, didn't miss a meal or a poop, got a car ride and lots of treats and didn't suffer too much..

We really miss him, but when it's your time, it's time. He had a good life and you'd have never guessed he was 12 1/2.

Scott, Sharon, Boo & Roscoe, and last wags from Rusty.

1226694[/snapback]

Guest MollyMom
Hi everyone, I haven't been postinf for a long time, lurking a lot, just didn't have a lot to say or offer to the board...

I supect there aren't many here still who remember me or my greys.

But my first dog, and my first Greyhound, left us today.

Sorry I have been a bit out of touch lately, life has been pretty busy and lots of ups and certainly some downs.

But, I guess there is no easy or good way to tell you that Rusty died today.

It  was all over really fast. He'd actualy had a few little things going wrong for the past month or so, he had pancreatitis at thanksgiving, recovered. He had that strange limb swelling again 2 weeks ago, that went away, he had a hip sprain - we thought last week. Over the weekend he continued to get back to himself, full of energy and life. Sharon was sick witht the flu so we just hung around here a lot as it was a long weekend for both of us from work. This morning he got up like a firecracker,we went for a walk, he chased roscoe around gobbled up breakfast and then seemed to have hip relapase, but it got worse and worse with the pain. The vet called in a prescription for some opiates, but they had no effect, he was crying so badly and could not get comfortable. We took him to the vet at 1 pm and left him there to get looked at. They topped him up with morphine but it made no difference. We got there at 2:30 and he was just in agony, they think he had a massive stroke this morning and lodged a clot in his spine. His limbs were all cold and his tongue was dry and a bit blue. He recgonized Sharon and I and poor Rus just started to cry. We knew then that we had no choice, and helped him go.

It is all very wierd. I did promise him I wouldn't let him suffer if I could help it. I think he went just the he would have wanted to, didn't miss a meal or a poop, got a car ride and lots of treats and didn't suffer too much..

We really miss him, but when it's your time, it's time. He had a good life and you'd have never guessed he was 12 1/2.

Scott, Sharon, Boo & Roscoe, and last wags from Rusty.

1226694[/snapback]

I remember you.

I'm so sorry your boy had to leave. I hope that your missing him is tempered by beautiful memories, and dreams of him playing happily in the land over the bridge.

Godspeed, Rusty.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest maryinmadison

I'm sorry for your loss. I think its wonderful that your Rusty got to enjoy his life to the very end. He had a wonderful home. Run Free Rusty f_yellow

• 2 weeks later...