I Lost My Buddy Today

Guest BigJon

Thank you all for reading my rambling post & for all the comforting replies. I have lurked here often & shed many a tear & laugh from the stories told. I'm sure there are more greys in my future but days like today make me wish I could winter in Arizona. I do have quite the assortment of coats, sweaters, boots, beds & assorted greyhound gear which will be cleaned & packed away for now but I'm pretty sure will come in handy down the road. Thanx again for the replies & this great forum. Jon

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so sorry for your loss. As many others have said, I will think of Boise as I eat pumpkin pie!

Godspeed Boise.

Edited by CleosMom

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

Guest pleasantsarg

Thank you for telling us about Boise and Girlsie. They sound like characters! Your words make it sound like your life together was a triple blessing. I am sorry for your loss, keep wishing I was able to turn back the clock. . .

Big Jon, a hug to you from Grand Forks. I'm not sure I'll ever be able to look at an uncut pumpkin pie again without envisioning a most-happy grey beside it! :blink::blink::blink:

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Guest GreysInSC
:grouphug I'm so sorry about your losses. Does matter how much time goes by you're still feeling the pain of their loss each year. It does my :heart good to hear your good stories of your babies. :bighug

Guest mygreys

Brings tears to my eyes, Big Jon. Have 3 beautiful pups and don't know the feeling of losing my first grey yet. You sound like such a good grey-dad, so don't give up on rescuing one or two again. These wonderful racers are getting a higher profile now and are starting to circle the globe. Wouldn't be surprised if a couple of grey-kids are headed your way. My heartfelt sympathy to you for the void they've left. And great joy for Boise and Girlsie 'cause they're playing happily together again at the bridge!

Cheryl, Pagosa, Freckles & Kali!

Guest Aggie94

I'm sorry for your loss. I've only been reading here for a little while but found it to be a wonderful place. Yes, it is comforting to know they are all at the bridge, free of pain, and having a blast together.

What a beautiful, loving, and amusing tribute to your beloved pair. I am so sorry for your loss. Boise and Girlsie were lucky to share their lives with you.

Lucy :grouphug

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Guest ohgreyt

Big Jon what a beautiful tribute to your greyhounds. My heart goes out to you during this time. Thank you for sharing Boise and Girlie with us.

f_yellow:gh_run2:gh_run2:f_pink

Edited by ohgreyt

Wonderful story. So sorry for your loss. Godspeed Boise!! Run free

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY