I Did The Unthinkable

Guest Houndmama

Guest shirley

My heart goes out to you. You have done ABSOLUTELY everything to make this work but you cannot fit a square peg in a round hole no matter how hard you try. If I had been in your situation I would have opted for the same decision rather than give them away and then GOD only knows what would have become of them. Be a peace. You have done a humane thing even though it may not seem like it right now. I will say a prayer for you to help ease your heart. and a big hug as well. :bighug

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That must have been awful for you.

I lost a cat to some unknown cause (in his sleep) a few weeks ago. He and my other male (still living) had been compulsive sprayers for years. I tried everything, and they still did it. I finally had my brother and friends build a fenced pen on the back porch with an open window to the laundry room. They can sit in their pen or sleep on the washing machine, and my house has never smelt better. It seriously took months and a gallon of lysol to get it back into shape.

Edited by Arrow

Guest BigPercy

My Mom had a female cat like that one time. She also felt like she had to put her down for the same reason you did. So there are others ....

Guest hellokitty

:grouphug

You exhausted all other options, and what you were left with was a terribly hard decision. I know it hurts, reading your post brought me to tears, but you know in your heart that you did what you had to do. If you didn't have a big heart and were a good person, you wouldn't care as much as you do.

Sending hugs and prayers your way.

Guest greyhoundobsession

How awful to have no empathy.

Dear doG,

If I ever get so sick physically or mentally that I am having uncontrollable bodily functions all over the house without abandon, for YEARS, PLEASE release me from that hell. Even before I start to scream in pain. THAT is love. If anyone ever tells you that you are cruel for not waiting as long as they would have, screw em. It's not for them to decide.

Kathy

Guest greyhoundobsession

Empathy=having made some decision at some point that caused you deep and all-consuming inner turmoil, such as Millicent obviously did and made evidenced in her original post. Empathy is understanding the feeling of absolute despair that Millicent felt, even if you don't agree with the actions taken. I could literally feel the knots in her throat and stomach as I read her words.

Sympathy=animal rescue

Both admirable traits, one of which is lacking in that recent post.

Edited by greyhoundobsession

Guest AmberDMC
Empathy=having made some decision at some point that caused you deep and all-consuming inner turmoil, such as Millicent obviously did and made evidenced in her original post.  Empathy is understanding the feeling of absolute despair that Millicent felt, even if you don't agree with the actions taken.  I could literally feel the knots in her throat and stomach as I read her words. 

Sympathy=animal rescue

Both admirable traits, one of which is lacking in that recent post.

1155516[/snapback]

Thank you for that.

It is so clear to me the agony she feels

Guest- How could you be so cruel to add to that pain?

1155512[/snapback]

Guest, do you really think this is the time and place for your insensitive posts? Please show come sentivity and some class and take it elsewhere. All of you.

siggy_robinw_tbqslg.jpg
Xavi the galgo and Peter the cat. Missing Iker the galgo ?-Feb.9/19, Treasure (USS Treasure) April 12/01-May 6/13, Phoenix (Hallo Top Son) Dec.14/99-June 4/11 and Loca (Reko Swahili) Oct.9/95 - June 1/09, Allen the boss cat, died late November, 2021, age 19.

Guest AmberDMC
*edit*

1155563[/snapback]

Did you read the entire post? Maybe you should look at all of her topics before you make comments and passing judgement.

There truly are some sad, sorry people on this earth.

Houndmama isn't one of them.

:f_pink

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest caiteag

*edited quote by moderator*

Not everyone is condoning her actions. However, people are treating her with kindness and consideration instead of rudeness and hurtfulness. The choice she made broke her heart to do so, and whether it was the right choice or not, she did the best she knew how to do. As much as you feel for the cats, have some compassion for this lady too.

This topic is being closed because:

1) violates our Terms of Service

2) I'm tired of all the editing

Just keep in mind to one our guests, if you are a member of this board and log out to post as a guest, we still know who you are. You can and will be given a warning for breaking the TOS.