Marley

Guest skinnydog

Guest skinnydog

Please say a prayer for Marley, who crossed today. He was only 10 months old, and had a pretty rough life. Not because he wasn't loved, or because he was mistreated, but just unlucky. He developed a limp in his hind leg a few months ago. We thought he had an infection, because radiographs showed nothing. After antibiotics failed to work, surgery was done. Marley had OCD in his stifle. He did well after surgery, until he fell off of his deck. The fall dislocated his bad knee. After another surgery, he did well again. The last few days, Marley didn't want to eat - we thought it was pain from surgery. Yesterday, I commented to the vet that it looked like Marley was having trouble breathing, and seemed to have a sore tummy. He agreed, and had just told the owner the same thing. Marley was back this morning, barley able to stand. We radiographed his abdomen, and saw nothing but gas, and fuzz. Nothing - no liver, no kidney, no stomach, no intestines. In we went. Marley's belly was full of fluid, popcorn seeds, bird food, and whatever else puppies eat. It was coming through the hole in his stomach. The vet flushed him, and sutured the hole closed. Marley went into shock, and almost died on the table, but we managed to bring him back. He never really recovered from surgery. The poor guy vomited, and aspirated some of it. He crossed over about two hours ago.

Run free Marley - Onyx is waiting for you.

:( I am so sorry...Run free baby boy...run to Onyx. My deepest sympathy. f_yellowf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Dear sweet Marley, I know my big boy Bart is there to greet you. He always loved puppies, and I'm sure he will be glad to teach you all kinds of fun things. Sending hugs to you Marti (I know how hard it is to work that kind of job), and to Marley's family :bighug :bighug :bighug :bighug

Guest auntiesara

Dear Marley

You will meet a small black Greyhound named Rosie. She loves puppies of all breeds,but especially tall ones with long legs, and will teach you to run around in big cicles.

Sara