Remembrance For A Grey

Fastgals

Dear all,

I heard the end of this terrible story last weekend. It has played on my mind all week, and I'm posting this farewell because I can't just let her go quietly and unknown.

I never even knew her name, so I'll call her Lady. She was 11 years old, and her owner wanted to hand her in to our local Adoption Program, but there was no room at the kennels, unless Lady proved herself to be cat-tolerant. She wasn't. So, her owner, not prepared to wait for a vacancy, took Lady straight to the RSPCA and handed her in. The RSPCA would normally have PTS a grey Lady's age, but did not - ONLY because our Adoption Program was still looking for someone who could take Lady, either permanently, or on a long-term foster basis until the right home could be found. On the day Lady arrived at the RSPCA, a woman, I shall call "that woman" was there returning a little grey girl, Lulu, she had adopted the week before. Lulu, said that woman, terrified her two little dogs, so she had to return her. That woman saw Lady and immediately offered to take her instead. RSPCA staff told her no. Lady was not suitable for her home, that woman could not just return one grey and take another. Lady had to be found a permanent home, hopefully with someone already experienced with greys. That woman left, but then got directly in touch with Lady's previous owner and convinced him to reclaim Lady from the RSPCA and hand her over to her. "I'll give her a good home", said that woman.

The next week that woman brought Lady back to the RSPCA. "I'm returning her", she said. "She's a thief." Despite being told by RPSCA staff that she was condeming Lady to death by returning her, that woman had made up her mind. A staff member gave her a piece of her mind and then that woman was gone. :weep And the Lady is no more :weep

Dear Lady, I'm so sorry that this is all I know about you. I'm so sorry that I couldn't expose our cats to danger by bringing you home. I'm so sorry that the people who were thinking about fostering you, didn't have a chance to come and get you, before that woman did. I am so sorry that the last thing anyone said about you was that you were "a thief". I am so sorry that all I can do now is cry useless tears over what happened. But I want you to know someone cries for you.

Lady, I also want you to know that little Lulu didn't come after you, because she is now safely with us.

God bless and keep you, Lady. Run free and happy, fast as the wind.

Jane and the mob.

:weep:f_pink

Casual Bling & Hope for Hounds
Summer-3bjpg.jpg
Janet & the hounds Maggie and Allen Missing my baby girl Peanut, old soul Jake, quirky Jet, Mama Grandy and my old Diva Miz Foxy; my angel, my inspiration. You all brought so much into my light, and taught me so much about the power of love, you are with me always.
If you get the chance to sit it out or dance.......... I hope you dance! Missing our littlest girl.

Oh sweet sweet Lady...I am so sorry. Run to the Angels...Our Bridge Kids will love you and watch over you. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

:(:cry1 Run free, sweet baby. :gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Godspeed sweet Lady. You are safe with the angels now and all the bridge kids will look after you. You don't know it but you are very loved. We all love you even though we don't know you. :weep:weep:f_pink:f_pink

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Oh sweet Lady please dont think all humans are bad. run free forever at the bridge with all the fur kids and one day when one of us meets up with our bridge kids you will come with us. :f_pink:angelwings

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Thank you, everyone, for your loving responses to Lady's sad story. It warms my heart to know that she hasn't passed unnoticed. I like to think that by now, the Lady has collected a lovely stash of angel feathers and (absolutely no disrespect intended) probably our Lord's slippers as well. And nobody calls her a thief - her exploits are met with laughter, joy and affection.

Thank you all for caring.

Regards,

Jane.

Oh, dear lord. I'm just now reading this.

Lady, I'm sorry the humans let you down. Rest in peace.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.