Have You Seen Your Pet?

Guest skinnydog

Have you seen your pet after it crossed the bridge?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Have you seen your pet after it crossed the bridge?

• Yes, it brought me comfort
    • No, but I hope to
    • Yes, and it was horribly upsetting
    • No, and I never want to
    • I don't believe in that

Guest skinnydog

Just wondering how everyone feels about this.

Sorry, I didn't put in one for those of you who haven't yet lost a fur kid.

Edited by skinnydog

Guest FullMetalFrank

Not so much actually "seeing" him, but definately sensing his presence...

We lost our Iberia last year, after a tragic fight between him and our other grey. My family was heartbroken and devastated, including Frank, and a long period of healing ensued.

During this time there were a few occasions where Iberia was definately "there" with us, most memorably a time when I was sitting on the couch and Frank came over and fixed his stare on a sketch I'd done of Iberia a couple of months before his death. He would not look away, and I got a very distinct feeling that all 3 of us were there, together. Iberia was letting me and Frank know that it was OK.

My Collie Cross Zoe was pts nearly 9 years ago, she had colon cancer. Afterwards I saw her and felt her presence several times. I used to take her to work with me when I worked with horses and she would run around the paddocks sniffing etc. while I was working and every so often she would come back to me and if I was busy she would just touch my hand with her nose to let me know she was still around. After she was pts I would see her out of the corner of my eye, and sometimes feel her touch my hand. It was so wonderful and comforting. My DH said that he had felt her too, but not seen her. After I got my boyz she didn't come back anymore, I figured that she knew that I was Ok and she could leave.

Since I lost Mulder I have longed to see or feel him or just get some kind of sign from him, but sadly I have had none, this makes me really sad as I'm not sure that he has forgiven me.

<p>"One day I hope to be the person my dog thinks I am"Sadi's Pet Pages Sadi's Greyhound Data PageMulder1/9/95-21/3/04 Scully1/9/95-16/2/05Sadi 7/4/99 - 23/6/13 CroftviewRGT

I had the experience a couple of times of having dreams that were so realistic that I woke up feeling as though they had actually happened. One was of a Boxer we had who had died at the age of two from severe epilepsy. Another was of a Standard Poodle we had who died at eight years old from cancer. They were the most realistic dreams and brought me a real measure of comfort. I really felt as if they'd come back to me, if only for a moment.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest ProudGreyMom

For months after Benny passed away I would see him scooting around the house. It was comforting to have his prescence but I think it was somewhat upsetting to Jake. Finally I had to tell Benny it was okay to go. I had a ceremony for him at the beach and released some of his ashes into the wind. We adopted Andy around that time, and although I don't see Benny anymore, I see him in Andy very much.

My first pets when I was very young were two Siamese cats, brothers. They were named Romeo and Mouth, (he was very vocal).

When I was living alone in my early twenties, I would sometimes feel a cat walk in circles and curl up in the bend of my knees when I'd be in bed. Most of the time I was starting to doze so I thought I was imagining it. Finally it happened when I was completely awake and I knew it had to be either Romeo or Mouth. I think it was Romeo, as Mouth would always lay on my pillow with me and put his head on my cheek.

Only happened for a short period in my life. Hmmm...

My sweet boy came to me twice in the night, once laying on my bed and once standing beside it (no I wasn't dreaming, I was wide awake). I was grieving so badly and after seeing him and seeing that he was okay I was fine and able to cope.

Judy, mom to Darth Vader, Bandita, And Angel

Forever in our hearts, DeeYoGee, Dani, Emmy, Andy, Heart, Saint, Valentino, Arrow, Gee, Bebe, Jilly Bean, Bullitt, Pistol, Junior, Sammie, Joey, Gizmo, Do Bee

Guest 2greygirls

I am not even sure if he has passed, but he must have....I have had dreams of my heart horse, Sarge..where we are together and he gives me a hug with his neck, and we are rriding in a field..it's so real, and hisprsence is so strong, that I believe it is him....I sold him to a younger girl when I was17...he was just a little too small for me to show any more, and this little girl loved him.. I know her sister showed him too..I lost track of him when I moved out of the area...but he must be gone ...he'd be close to 30 , his mom lived to 27...but I think these dreams mean he is gone.

Guest Elegant_Mommy

On January 4th, 1999, I had lost my sweet dog. I had him for 23 years. He was a Lhapso Apso mix. When he passed away, I was a complete mess for days. :( I couldn't go to work or school. I was a wreck.

About a year or so ago, I had a dream. I dreamt that I was holding him and loving him like I used to.

It was so real to me. I felt his warmth and his small body in my hands. I was most wonderful. It was like he was really there with me.

I will never forget it. It seemed so real. It's hard to really describe it.

I truly believe I had felt his presence in my dream.

When I woke up, I cried. Not a sad cry, but a happy cry.

I miss that little dog. And I know he's waiting for me. :rolleyes:

post-15-1092684239.jpg

Guest Joe_N_Mists_Mom

I have felt Joey around me. A few days after he passed away I felt him at the side of the bed resting his head on the bed looking at me. I started to pet him, after a minute I realized that Joey passed away a few days earlier. But I still feel he was visiting me.

I have dreams of my dad and Joey together all the time, I asked him to take care of Joey for me until we were ready to be togehter again, I begged him to meet Joey at the bridge on that fatal night, he came to me in a dream and told me he did.

My first grey, Dutch, died in Nov of '97. He was the one who started my love affair with greyhounds. The day after he died I stayed home from work got out one of my favorite photos (not framed) and propped it in the middle of the kitchen table. I was sitting with my head propped in my hands, sideways to the table. All of a sudden the picture ended up between my feet, right side up, perfectly aligned for me to see. There was no wind, no furnace and no "earthly" explanation for it to happen, other then my babe letting me know he had made it to the bridge and was OK. Still gives me chills to think of it. (good chills)

you guys are making me cry.

I think my cat has come back to me in my chow Sable. Until I got Sable I could 'see' Pretty Baby at times. He died in 88 and Sable was born in 96.

I never did see or feel Spade after he died. I knew it was time for him to go as he told me. Up until that day he would still run and play and never complained about anything. The day he passed he cried everytime he moved. I miss my baby.....

About two weeks after Joe died, and right after we got Angel, I was lying in bed, and saw a greyhound tail - with a white tip - slip out the door of the bedroom into the kitchen. I didn't HEAR anything, but didn't think anything of it. Then later I thought, we'd just gotten Angel, but I was SURE she didn't have a white tip on her tail...but Joe did. I went and checked her tail...no white tip.

Then more recently I had a dream where Joe came. It was SO real. And I just felt so much love. It was a huge comfort. I wished I didn't have to wake up.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Incidentally, I've had one "visitation" from my grampa, who died when I was 5. It was an amazing and beautiful experience. It happened that I wasn't actually sleeping at the time. It honestly was one of those times that changes your whole belief system.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest Mommydog

I put no, but I hope to. Although I have had a very strong presence of Rafferty on several occasions. A rather strange incident also occurred last summer. It was during the time I was getting Jack. Joe and I had been to visit him several times and the boys had got on fine, when on about the 4th visit Joe suddenly went for Jack for no apparent reason. I was puzzled and disheartened by this and was mulling it over a couple of days later, when a sudden image of Rafferty popped into my head. He was standing in a wildflower meadow next to a stream,he looked to be about five or six years old, fit, healthy and in his prime and he was'nt wearing a collar. I kept his collar and lead. At the same time the words "don't worry, I'll speak to him" came into my head and then the image was gone as fast as it had come. I should add here that Joe absolutely idolised Raffie. Then literally seconds after, Joe who was doing nothing more than sitting chilling in the lounge let out the strangest yelp like I've never heard before or since, so I ran in to check he was OK and he was fine. I wonder ?

Guest greatgreys2

I am glad I am not the only one crying. Our first greyhound was my husbands

you might as well self appointed therapy dog. When she passed away several years ago we had her creamated. When my husband passed away , she was placed at the head of the casket on her own pedestal. Cocomo's oak container was placed with my husband. They have both come to me twice. Once to see if I was O.K. and the second time was to thank me for making sure they were together once again.

I've felt the essence of my dog, but never "seen" her. I also had this strange feeling that when I brought Howie home originally, she was "There" with us and especially with him whenever I would leave him on his own. Then, one of the things I loved about Raisin Bran is that I see a lot of Arizona in her. She is much like her in a lot of ways.

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

Guest Ferrevergrey
I've felt the essence of my dog, but never "seen" her. I also had this strange feeling that when I brought Howie home originally, she was "There" with us and especially with him whenever I would leave him on his own. Then, one of the things I loved about Raisin Bran is that I see a lot of Arizona in her. She is much like her in a lot of ways.

That's how I feel. I feel both of my bridge kids essence with me from time to time.

Guest trevdog

I voted no, but we did hear Trevor on the night he left for the Bridge. DH and I both woke to heavy panting sounds at the exact same time twice that night. The windows were closed, no sound at all. Trevor had problems breathing near the end, and it sounded just like he was in the room with us. Never heard the sound again after that night. I think it was his way of telling us he was OK and to go on, he would be with us always and would see us again one day.

Guest Hannah

I voted yes, but i havent seen her, just been aware that she was there.

Mono had an incredibly intensive stare that you could feel through walls and the back of your skull and she used it when she though she should be alowed to do/eat/play with when she had been told no or if you were ignoring her or doing something that she found interesting :lol

when we got her ashes back we had no idea what to do with them. we had only asked for them back because she was a grumpy old loner who hated sharing so asking for her back meant she got cremated on her own :lol

shortly after getting her back we were ready to sell the house so had a massive tidy up and at the end of it all i was left with mono in her cardboard box (seemed more fitting than a casket, she loved cardboard boxes) and after much deliberation and dithering and changing of mind I put her in one of the cupboards in the dresser, she had spent all the time she was alive with us trying to get in there. as I put the box in I felt 'the stare' peering over my shoulder and watching where i put the box, as soon as i shut the door it went. i went in and out of that cupboard almost daily and never felt it again, until the day I was packing to move and I took her box out and the stare was there again watching to see what happened, once the box was safely placed in a packing crate the stare went again. she also watched me unpack her and put her back in the dresser cupboard.

Ive never looked round because i knew there would be nothing to see.

I suspect she is just checking up and making sure she gets her own way in the end and is allowed to stay in the cupboard :lol :lol

Guest mantis

A few days after Jerry died I was sitting on the edge of my bed and I felt a presence and when I looked down his paw was in my hand. I knew it was him as he would do that every time I got home from work. I haven't felt him as much as I did but I know that he's still around looking out for me and Suzie. It's been two years now and seems like only yesterday. Boy, I miss him. I love you Jerry.

Guest Greyhounds4ever

I haven't "seen" my Jocylin Angel but I have felt her presence. Just last night when I was cleaning up the poop in the back yard, she was following me around, which is what she always did when she was alive. She would follow me all around the back yard, from poop pile to poop pile. :lol I have never seen or felt the presence of my Thia Angel though. :(

Well, I must admit--I don't have a dry eye right now. It's comforting to know that many of you have experienced signs from your babies after they have passed.

I recently lost my Emma to cancer. I was an absolute mess. The cancer came on strong and took over so quickly--she was gone in two weeks. Well, I got blasted with signs from her almost immediately and they were very strong for about two weeks. I still "hear" from her but the signs are less obvious. I recently adopted a new little girl, Shannon and she does in awful lot of things that Emma used to do. Maybe Emma's whispering in her ear :rolleyes: