Help With An Urn

Guest Kayes4

Guest Kayes4

Hello again. Another difficult post. I got the call this morning that Teddy's ashes are ready for us to pick up. I thought it took forever...I guess I HOPED it took forever, so I had not started thinking about what I would put him in when I brought him back home. I definately want him in the house...he would want to be near my chair - our chair.

I have looked a bit on-line today, but I haven't found anything that says "Boy-O." I want to have his dress-up collar to be displayed with it if possible. I don't know...any suggestions? This is so damned hard.

I still choke up when I talk about him. I sit here writing through the tears...but when I got home today - for the first time - I didn't look past the others to see where he was. And then - of course - I cried.

Any suggestions would be greytly appreciated. Thank you all.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss. Tami/joesgreypoupon, does pet urns, I believe. Try PM'ing her; I think she can do something custom for you.

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest ProudGreyMom

I am so sorry for your loss. :( If you get Celebrating Greyhounds magazine, they often list vendors in the back that sell urns. Also, you can make something of your own for display like a window box - and add photos, collar, etc. I actually bought a pretty painted box from Michaels Crafts and put Benny's ashes, dog tags and some nice photos inside and locked it up.

Again, I am so sorry for your loss.

Guest trevdog

I'm sorry for your loss.

I lost Trevor 8 months ago, and still don't have an urn for his ashes. I haven't found the right one and was looking at making one like the one ProudGreyMom mentioned and adding a picture to the box. Take your time, you will find one that is right for him .....

f_yellowf_yellow

Spades ashes came in a nice wooden box. I really like it. It is simple and blends in well with the ET center he sits on. Just like him. He was a simple dog and blended in with his dog bed. :) He would always steal my TY Beanie Buddie Elephphant so that sits on top of the box and around the elephants neck is his collar and his necklace that Becky made for him. Next to him is a greyhound brass statue my mom got for me (from him) for my birthday.

Guest BrockGusDad

Check out- www.petsatpeace.com

Beautiful, quality wooden ones (I got Brock's there, ordered 3 others for friends), good prices, great service.

Guest Dragonflyte

{{{{{{{{{{{{{Kaye}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

I'm so sorry to hear about Teddy! I wish you would have emailed me!

My memory boxes are heavy stock board and may not be what you want, but I can do a wooden urn if you'd like.

Take a peek: These are my memory boxes: www.dragonflytecreations.com/Memory.html

I am doing custom wooden jewelry boxes and can do an urn in that style for you if you want.

I can do the wooden urns in a light maple stain or dark Mahogony. Your choice and for you Kaye, there would be no charge. Just cause I love ya so much. The jewelry box in the attached pic is one I made for myself. I think they would make a nice urn. I can paint Teddy any way you want him on the top.

post-15-1089856894.jpg

Guest Snowy8
Jen Howard is an artist and greyhound owner who can paint your beloved Teddy on a memory box to hold his ashes. She did one for me, it truly captured my angel.

click here or the link directly to Memory Boxes

That is an excellent idea...When Bool died, my sister Pat came & got him, her husband buried him in the back pasture on their horse farm. Because its in the pasture, Jim said no headstones for fear of the bush hog hitting it. In the meantime, Pat put a bird house in the tree that shades his grave.

I'm looking for some windchimes with greyhounds on them. Because he was black, I figured they'd be easy to find.

I'm so sorry this time is difficult for you. Sometimes just about the time we think we're making head-way with their parting, then something happens & it starts all over again. I know that just about the time I was dealing with Bool's death, then Brogan died. Then Boner died later that month. 2 months later, Racer died...I started feeling like I was afraid to sleep or go out because I'd lose a pupper.

We're here for you if you need anything.