I've Lost My Best Friend

Guest GeriMonica

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry for the loss of Tucker. I truly believe we WILL see them again. Hopes for your husband's speedy recovery.

Sara

I just don't have the words to express how sad I am.

I am glad the dh will be ok, but how sorrowful that Tucker is gone.

I wll light a special candle for you to be at peace with this, that hubby will heal quickly, and Tucker will be running free.

At least Tucker knew how loved he was by you and dh and that he had a life of love before he was taken so suddenly.

Guest crzy4grys

I am so sorry about Tucker. He is in a good place with lots of friends to run and play with. :brokenheart:angelwings:gh_run

Edited by crzy4grys

Guest Greymom

Oh, how horrible. I am so sorry for this unfortunate and unfair accident. Healing prayers being sent for your DH's recovery and to you during this sad time. Run free Sweet Tucker, you were very loved and will be missed. :f_white

Guest Betsy

First let me say, how glad we are that your husband will be okay and then Second, how sad we are about Tucker. :grouphug

I also want to tell you that though gratefully we did not lose our first two greys to tragic circumstances like Tucker, we thought that no grey could replace our second grey in our hearts. Denny was the perfect dog and we thought that we couldn't fathom another grey. A year went by and I began to hunger for that companionship, that love. I covinced DH to go to the greyhound kennel and look and we came home with our first girl, RR Dixie Double or Dixie for short. She is totally different than King or Denny but she is even better than we ever thought we could ever have. More loving, more attached, etc. Don't give up!

Just when you think you have heard all the tragedies, this happens. I can't fathom the sorrow you and your husband are dealing with now. I am glad your husband is alive and so sorry that your Tucker was taken from you.

:weepf_yellow:angelwings:candle

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

Guest GeriMonica

Thank you so much to all of you for your sympathies. My husband is in a great deal of pain right now, but hopefuly with each day that passes he'll improve. One of his injuries is that his hand was ripped open by Tucker's leash, a hand that would never let go. After all was said and done, he never let go.

Adding to the pain of this horrific accident, is that sanitation, not animall control came to take Tucker away. He is now lost to us and we can't even have his remains cremated. The thought of where he is and how he was "disposed" of is amost too much to bare. But throughout all this sadness, people have been so kind and supportive, and for this i'll always be grateful. Thanks to Pat who first told us about this wonderful dog that was a return from another family and to Beth, his foster mom, that i believed loved him as much as we did.

And again, thank's to all on this amazing forum for your extremely kind wishes.

I'm so sorry to hear of your terrible loss :cry1 I hope you husband recovers quickly. :f_pink

With regard to the way Tucker was removed....it made me want to remind you that it was only his 'furry casing' that was taken away, and not Tuckers soul. That will stay with you always :angelwings

:weep:grouphug

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest Phoebesmom

I am so very sorry and can only imagine your pain.... I will think very good thoughts for your husband's recovery. You are in our thoughts. Hugs, Deb

Guest greymom23

What a terrible tragedy. I am so sorry that Tucker did not survive it. I am thankful your husband was not injured too badly.

It is so hard to lose our beloved pets, especially when it shouldn't have happened.

Hugs to you and your husband.

Godspeed, Tucker! :gh_run

I'm so sorry. What a dreadful shock for you and your husband. Sending prayers to ease the ache in your heart.

Godspeed, Tucker.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest mantis

I'm so sorry for the loss of tucker and hope that your husband gets well soon.

It sounds like Tucker was a wonderful boy. They come into our lives and then they are gone so quickly. God lets us take care of them and when it is time for them to go home they have no choice but to go. I hope that sometime in the future that you will decide to let another Grey into your lives. Maybe that's why god took him so soon, so that you could save another.

My preyers go with you.

God speed sweet Tucker run free at the bridge healed and whole again. :f_red:f_pink:gh_run:gh_runner:gh_child

I can't believe that sanitation took your dog, and no one even asked you if you wanted his body???? Not one person that was there on the scene might even tell them to hold the body? Unbelievable!

"To err is human, to forgive, canine" Audrey, Nova, Cosmo and Holden in NY - Darius and Asia you are both irreplaceable and will be forever in my heart beatinghearts.gif

I'm so sorry that sanitation took Tucker away. Talk about adding insult to injury. Perhaps you can hold a memorial for him or do something with the adoption group to help you say goodbye and get some closure. I'm so sorry that all this has happened to your family. :grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.