I've Lost My Best Friend

Guest GeriMonica

Guest GeriMonica

Last night as my husband and my five year old grey, Tucker, were returning from a walk, they were hit by a motorcyle that seemed to appear out of nowhere. My husband will recover, but unfortunately, my wonderful boy died.

The details are sketchy, neighbors have been able to fill in some of the blanks, but the unfairness of this is overwhelming. We adopted him just last July, and he was the dog that we were always meant to have. His personality, his sleep and awake times, everything about him was just perfect for our lifestyle. We would so often say, "how did we ever get so lucky as to find a dog as wonderful as Tucker?" I wasn't home at the time of the accident and i found out when a neighbor called my daughter on her cell phone as we were out with a friend celebrating her 40th birthday. This call was so horrible, first thinking that it was my husband that died and not Tucker. Relief poored over me when i realized that i had gotten it wrong, and that it was Tucker that died, but that relief was short lived and i began to realize that i would never see his beautiful amber eyes again, so full of life and happiness. How could this have happened? We had him for such a short time. Godspeed my sweet boy. Run and play and be whole again. I will always love you.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so very sorry for your loss, but so thankful that your husband will be all right! Godspeed, Tucker. :grouphugf_yellow:gh_run

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest wmlcml6

OMG! Thankfully your DH will be fine, but what a shocking tragedy. I'm so sorry that this happened to you both. I hope he was without pain at the end.

Guest argolola

I'm so sorry for the loss of your dear Tucker. May God bless your family during this difficult time and may your memories of your sweet pup sustain you. Please let us know how your husband is doing.

Godspeed Tucker...I believe we will be with them again.

Guest mleg2001

Life can be so unfair, I'm sorry, I hope your husband will recover quickly, and I'm sure my Callie will there to greet your boy Tucker at the bridge. :grouphugf_yellow

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

omg im so sorry. this is horrible. run free sweet boy.

prays and hugs for you and your family. im glad to hear you husband will be ok.

My deepest sympathy...I am so sorry. Godspeed Tucker...run free sweet boy... :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest KennelMom

:of_yellow:bighug

I'm glad to hear your hubby will recover! But I'm so sorry for the loss of your pupper!!!! My deepest sympathies!

Run free at the bridge Tucker! :gh_run2 Run free!!!

Guest doggielover

I am so sorry. It doesn't seem fair. In a sad way, maybe Tucker saved your husbands life. I am sure God had a reason for what heppened, although it may not make sense now. Hang in there, be thankful your husband is ok, and remember what you loved best about Tucker and how much he taught you. He will always be your guardian angel.