Sandee Girl, My Angel

iluvgreys

Sandee girl,

You came to me sight unseen as a 22 month old pup… confused, aloof and overwhelmed with home living. However, you learned the basics so quickly, and soon won my heart and soul. They said, “Greyhounds don’t dig” and you immediately proved them wrong. You claimed any sunny spot as your own, and within a short period of time, began to go to the office with me and discovered your new calling as a “therapy” hound. After 3 months had passed, it was time to add a companion. You chose Wells as your new bud and became inseparable. In time, you earned many nick names, including “The Goof,” “Princess” and “Baby Snooks.” The screaming monkey was always your favorite toy, although you proved to be a new toy fiend. I’ll never forget your love of walks, car rides, zoomies up and down the hall and around the dining room table, roaching across the pillows of my bed or the couch, always ready for a belly rub. I already miss your sweet kisses, your cold nose in my side as you passed by me in the computer room, the way you laid your sweet head in my hands, and your silly teeth chattering. In time, you even became a snuggle bug… both sharing your couch, and my bed. You were a foster dog trainer extraordinaire, and such a very fine grey ambassador at all those show & tells, Pet Expos and parades. I know that you are now at peace and free from suffering from that very painful osteosarcoma. May you run like the wind with all the other greyhound angels, and know that I always carry you close in my heart… knowing that we will be reunited some day. Your love has made me a better person. I miss you so very much. :beatheart:beatheart:beatheart

edited: correct dates are 9-'95 to 4-24-04. My baby girl was 8 1/2 yrs. old, and I was blessed to be her mom for 6 wonderful years. :inlove

Edited by iluvgreys

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest cindysmom

Oh, I am so, so very sorry to see this. Sandee sounds like she has a beautiful "old" soul, one who possesses the wisdom of ages. I truly believe you will be reunited with her someday.

God speed, sweet Sandee...

I am so sorry. Run girl...run with the wind. You are so loved. I have alerted my Angels...they are waiting for you sweet Sandee Girl... :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Run Free sweet Sandee. :f_pink:angelwings

The crew Desi, Comet, Theo, Memphis, Belle, the 2 adult humans, and the kiddo.

R.I.P. Bear, Bilbo, Tippy, Guinea Pig Paige

Desi (TNJ By Design), Comet (Corpus Comet) Theo (Gable Thinsulate)

Bear (CS What A Bear) Dec. 3, 1999 - Dec 22, 2008 Bilbo (CTW Buffalo Bill) July 2001 - Aug 17, 2011,

Guest KyGrey

What a beautiful tribute! I believe that we will all see out beloved pets again at the bridge. I'm sure she will watch out for you and the loved ones still here. Run Free Sandee!! f_yellow

I am so sorry. Sandee is pain free and at the Bridge with all who went before her. She leaves behind wonderful memories of her beautiful soul. My thoughts and prayers are with you. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

oh Sandee I only got to meet you a few times and only knew you for a year but i consider myself blessed to have know you. God speed you and run pain free at the bridge.

I am so sorry for you loss I know you will miss her but she will be watching over you

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest ripshifty

I feel absolutely awful about your loss. I'm sitting at work with a big lump in my throat. :f_pink

Many of us have gone through it before but it is always a terrible thing to hear about.

Lucas.