Cody

kjw

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My heart is breaking for you.

Hug your hounds, everyone. You never know when they will be taken from you, and no time is ever long enough for them to be in your lives.

Cody knew love.

Laurie

**& Angels Emily, Beatrice, Okie, Rhemus ,Vixen, and Rose-always in my heart**

Karen, thank you for that beautiful tribute - I hope recalling your happy memories of your Cody helped you and made you smile. His personality and joy just shines through in your words and his pictures. He was happy - he knew love, he gave love and he passed on with love literally surrounding him.

I'm not sure who wrote this, or even where I saw it anymore, but I find the word comforting when I think of my family (fur and skin) members that are waiting for me...

"When you are walking down the street

and you've got me on your mind

I'm walking in your footsteps, only half a step behind.

And when it's time for you to go,

from your body to be free,

Remember you are not going,

You are coming here to me."

:f_white

My boys, together again...

cedarlodge2010027_zpsc250b3bf-1_zps9f4d4

A hui hou kakou, my loves

Guest greythunder

What a wonderful memorial to a wonderful boy! Someday, when the time is right, Cody will send another grey to be part of your family. Thank you for loving Cody like you did!!! He was a better dog, and you were a better mom for having done so.

You held him when he needed you, and you were loving enough to know that his turn to cross the bridge had come and that nothing you did or didnt do was going to stop that. You loved Cody so very well. Good Job!

What a lovely tribute to your beloved Cody. He is not far from you...just a thought and a smile away.

Nancy

th_Chancepool.jpgmissing my Angel, Chance ~ 1/23/99 - 1/24/08 (Fortified Heart)

"...for every joy that passes, something beautiful remains"

So very sorry. What a good looking dog, he was. When you are ready, there will be another one that needs you just as much...

ATASCOSITA DIAZ - MY WONDER DOG!
Missing our Raisin: 9/9/94 - 7/20/08, our Super Bea: 2003 - 12/16/09, our Howie: 9/17/97 - 4/9/11, our Bull: 8/7/00 - 1/17/13, our Wyatt Earp: 11/22/06 - 12/16/15, and our Cyclone 8/26/05 - 9/12/16

OMG, Such a short retirement. Makes me so very sad... withholding tears only because I'm at work. Inside I cry.

Deepest deepest thoughts of sympathy and hopes that he's being his goofy self across the rainbow bridge.

Jennifer and Beamish (an unnamed Irish-born Racer) DOB: October 30, 2011

Forever and always missing my "Vowels", Icarus, Atlas, Orion, Uber, and Miss Echo, and Mojito.

Guest KyGrey

That was a beautiful tribute! Even though he was with you such a short time he found love and happiness everyday with you. Hugs to you.

Guest MomofCash

What a beautiful, beautiful tribute to Sweet Cody .... I had to catch up on posts to see what happened and I just sit here at my computer in a daze ... that this has happened to ya'll so quickly and so tragically. I pray that you keep your beautiful memories always close to your heart of Cody and that Bailey begins to open up to you and Michelle. You, Michelle and Bailey will be in my thoughts and prayers and while we don't know each other ... if there is anything I can do, if you need an ear, a shoulder ... someone to cry with ... I'm here. I feel like we've all lost a wonderful friend ....

Guest auntiesara

Tears here as well. As others have mentioned at least he knew happiness with his forever family if only for a short time. I truley believe we WILL see them again.....

Sara

What beautiful memories of Cody. I am so sorry he left so quickly, he must have been needed at the Bridge. I know all too well the pain you are feeling. My thoughts and prayers are with you. God's speed sweet Cody. :candle

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Thanks, all of you, for your very kind and supportive thoughts. It has helped tremendously over the past very long week.

I thought you would like to know, over at Rooandrant.com they have named their new "Remembrance" section 'Cody's Corner', after our beloved Cody.

I love the name, and when I receive Cody's ashes next week, I will be putting them in his favorite spot to dig, in the corner of the garden, which will also be named Cody's Corner. I will post pics when it's done.

Thank you all again, so very much, for helping myself and my family through this difficult time.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest Kirsten

Tears here and a lump in my throat. :cry1

That is a beautiful post of remembrance. Nothing can ever make up for your loss or remove your grief but you have many treasured memories.

A lady once said to me at a meet and greet that one day in retirement is worth the lifetime of racing for these dogs. Cody knew unconditional love from his family and from Bailey and he passed away quickly and whilst doing what he liked to do best.

You will never forget him and he will never forget you.

Enjoy the rest of your retirement Cody - the world is truly your oyster now. :gh_run

Guest D_MansMommy

I'm so sorry for your loss :cry1 When I first read about it in the other topic I was at a loss for words. I still am. This is so sad and sudden. Hugs to you and your family :grouphug

Edited by D-Man's mommy

Guest armanntoo

I was talking to Bill and Freddie recently, and they told me of your loss. I had the pleasure of meeting Cody when he was still at the farm, and what a lovely boy he was. I am sure that he will be missed, but also that he will be remembered fondly.

Adam

Edited by armanntoo

Well, I can't believe it's been 2 weeks since Cody passed away. It seems like 2 years.

The first week was horrible, only made better by all your wonderful support. As I said in other posts, Bailey was the hardest hit of all of us. After thinking it over and talking with many people, we did decide to bring Lou home, and he has been a huge help to Bailey.

Lou has also helped distract me from the loss of Cody, but I still think of him many times every day, and I miss him so much sometimes, I still cry about it.

I picked up Cody's ashes a few days ago, but I just can't bury them yet. They sit on our mantle, a subtle reminder of my beautiful boy. I feel angry sometimes to think that's all that's left of him. And angry that he never even had one summer to enjoy his retirement. He deserved at least that, he ran his heart out for 125 races, and only had a few months to enjoy some relaxation and pet life.

I am grateful that I took so many pictures of him, so that we can always have those to look at, and remember what a wonderful dog he was. And we do have our memories, but it just doesn't feel like that's enough.

I miss my beautiful pupper.

CAMP GREYHOUND

Tempo (Keep the Tempo), Nora (Road Noise) & Gabe the babe (Gable Habenero), Cooper (Uncle Bud's Coop), Topper (Red Top), & Galgos Lisette & Manolito. Missing our beloved angels Cody (Kiowa My Dodie), Lou (Cantankerous Lou), Romi (FingerRoll), Connie (Devie's Concord), Millie (Djays Overhaul), Bailey (Hallo Forty nine), Andy (Iza Handy Boy, and Rocco (Ripley Rocco), Gracie (VS Megan), Eragon the Longdog, Joey (WJS Flashfire), Roy (Folly and Glory)

Guest Dancers_Dad

Hi Karen,

There is a small poster on the wall at GRA Kennel. It's called The Greyhound Prayer. It reads something like this:

When I die.

Let it be as a Pet

So someone will remember me.

Cody's time with you was short indeed. But because of you, his prayer was answered.

You were the only one to know Cody, BUT WE WILL ALL REMEMBER HIM

Take Care.

Kirk

:weep Thanks, Kirk.

CAMP GREYHOUND