Cody

kjw

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I'm just so sorry. I can't begin to imagine how difficult a time this must be for you. Your beautiful words illustrate just how very much Cody was loved and I'm sure he knew it. :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Karen, again my condolences to you, Michelle and Bailey. I remember the day I received your e-mail telling me you had adopted my Cole's brother and his half-brother. I was so excited to know that two of Cole's siblings would have a good home...and even more excited about the prospect of meeting up with you and the "kids".

Now, I feel I'm grieving with you...even though I never had the pleasure of meeting Cody in person. But, I feel I knew him...from the lovely stories you wrote of adventures with Bailey.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, Michelle and Bailey. Big hugs to everyone.

Godspeed Cody. Someday we'll have our play date together.

Jennifer

Cleo (Golddust Cadilac 83484 Blazing Desire X Greys Blu Fox)

Cole (Hallo Jeremy 88778 My Rooster X Bahama Tango)

Athena (R and a Peach 93839 Coldwater Guv X R and a Lady)

user posted image

A very touching tribute to an exquisitely sweet boy. I can feel how deeply he touched your heart. :heart

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

What a beautiful tribute to your very special boy. I am so sorry. Only time helps with the healing. God speed little boy!

From Wisconsin -- It's Nancy, Bob, Carla, June Bug and our newby Skorch.... along with Buffy. She's the little hound that meows.

With loving memorials to K.C., Barko and Major Turn -- all playing at the bridge.

My eyes are spilling over and my heart aches for you and Bailey and your family. How special Cody became to you, in so short a time! You gave him everything a silly sweet boy could want, and the best tribute of all, for every dog should have a person to mourn him and miss him when he has gone.

Cody, I know you've taken a little piece of your momma's heart with you to the land across the bridge. Cherish it, and think of her sometimes. You know she will be thinking of you.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest bona60

As beautiful a tribute as any ever given. A fantastic greyhound and wonderful owner. Cody is now at the bridge in the care of Saint Francis, patron of all animals.Saint BONAventure is also helping out as well. Sam

Guest Furmama

What a beautiful memorial.... lots of tears here... :cry1 He was a lovely boy and was very lucky to have had you as his mommy!!! All the best to you, Michelle and hugs and ear scritches to Bailey!!! :f_pink:grouphug

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

beautiful tribute . cody was so luckly to have a mom as wonderful as you im so sorry your time was cut so short. but the time you had were great ones and cody knew he was love. god bless you and your daughter big hug to baily.

Guest CocktailGirl

What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful boy. :cry1

My thoughts and are with you and your family in this difficult time. :bighug

Run free sweet Cody. f_yellow

Guest Haven

Karen,

I think that best thing we can take with us when we pass on, whether we are human or canine, is the knowledge that we are loved. It is obviously that Cody was very loved - both by your family and by Bailey - and I am sure he knew it. He did not die alone but in your arms and encircled in your love.

Your tribute was beautiful.

:( tears of sadness, but also tears of joy, for the wonderful retired life you gave him in the short time he had left. Cody is running with all of the best of them now at the Bridge. This was a wonderful tribute to read. Edited by jodyksam

Mom to Daisy (1999-2012), LB (aka Little Bit), and Sammy James (aka Sammy or Buddy)

reading that touching tribute I know Cody had the best retirement any hound could hope for. Even tho it wasnt long it was full. Cody race to the bridge and enjoy.God speed you boy

Cassie: Pikes Clara Bell Swoop: My Man Swoop

BRIDGE ANGELS Psi:WD'S Aleford 3/17/00-4/25/10 Snowman: Gable Snowman 1/9/96-2/14/08

Guest TaniandMalachy

Thankyou for sharing that tribute to Cody, his character shines through your words.

Although his retirement may have been a short one, there's no doubting the quality of the life you gave him. Or he, you.

Cherish those lovely memories you have of your boy. They'll never leave you.

Tani & Malachy

:grouphug

Are you familiar with the song "The Dance" by Garth Brooks? I told DH that if anything should happen to me to just listen to that song and have no regrets.

You and Michelle and Bailey are in our thoughts.

gallery_4518_2903_10073.jpg

Take the time to stop and smell the flowers - appreciate your everyday ordinary miracles

Carolyn, Faith, Jeff Gordon (aka Jeffy) and Oscar the chilla. Desperately missing our Stella, we'll see you later sweet girl.

Guest IndysDad

What a beautiful and caring tribute to Cody...

I'm sure he knew he was loved very much..and while he waits patiently at the Bridge,he will be telling the other Bridge kids about his people and how good and loving they were to him,,,,

Godspeed and run free Cody..run free..

This isn't the first time I've cried for Cody so I cannot even begin to imagine how you're doing :bighug

What a gorgeous tribute to your truely gorgeous boy :grouphug

He was a lucky boy to have you, Michelle & Bailey and I'm sure he's still loving on you all from a better place now.

Run free dear sweet Cody...

Kate & Muzz xx

Thankyou for telling us about Cody and the wonderful life he had with you. He was so loved by you and your family and I know he felt that. :cry1

Run free Cody and stop to smile down on your momma from time to time :gh_run