Daisy

Guest GreyAngel

Guest GreyAngel

:cry1 Daisy was a greyhound. She had a large heart. It has been hard for me to talk about her death, but here I go.

It was my 12th birthday party. My friend Laura and I were going to a park with rides and great junk food. We left early in the morning right after I gave Daisy a kiss. We were having a blast, eating tons of hotdogs, scaring eachother in the haunted house, feeding animals. I didn't know that Daisy's life would soon end. On the way back to my house for cake, Laura and I were talking about how we were going to play with Daisy when we got home. Daisy loved to play. When we got to our house, Laura and I went to get the mail. We got to the door, and my mom opened it crying. I didn't know why. She pulled my into her arms. I was scared and confused. She told me that Daisy died while we were gone. She hugged me tighter, but I did not want her sympothy and ran to see my dead dog. I through myself on top of her and hugged her cold, stiff body. I cried in her fawn fur. I told myself that this was a bad dream and that I would wake up. It wasn't a dream, it was real. To this day, I blame myself. I feel so bad that I wasn't there to be with her. I miss her so much and cry every night longing for her hugs and kisses. Why did God have to take her?

GreyAngel :angelwings

Guest TorynUs

I am so sorry. It never is the right time, or easy, to have to say goodbye to those pets we love so much. Daisy knew you loved her. Keep her close to your heart, but don't blame yourself that you weren't there. Maybe Daisy chose that time to try to make it easier on you. Remember her with love and she won't be far away. Hugs to you.... :f_white:heart

Sending hugs. Know that Daisy looks down upon you with love. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greyhdnut

Although we don't really know why Daisy died, we suspect that it was sudden heart failure. She was only 3 years old and seemed to be in normal health, she hadn't gotten into anything while we were out- she was just lying on her bed as if asleep. Our adoption agency agreed that it probably was heart failure and said that they had had another one of their dogs suddenly drop dead while playing. Daisy was one of the largest female greys I have ever seen, easily taller than a Great Dane, and I wonder if her largeness affected her heart. We all miss her greatly.

Guest Daytrippen

I hope it helps you to know that Daisy will forever be watching out and protecting her people. She will never be forgotten and live in your hearts forever. When my heart dog Sadie died it lead us to greyhounds. I hope it helps to know that my senior brindle's name is Daisy and we love her so dearly. We had to take her to the vets tonight and after just one year the maternal feeling were fierce when I had to leave her over night. Please know although it hurts now the heart can and does streach to let others in. Don't blame yourself you've shown Daisy true love that she may otherwise not have known. True lover NEVER dies but sometimes our bodies give out. f_yellow

Edited by Daytrippen

How tragic. I'm so sorry. When I was about your age - maybe 14 - I lost my sweet Morris. He was a beautiful and loving orange tabby. He was hit by a car. It just broke my heart.

I'm so sad for you...it's hard even as time passes.

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest mantis

Please, don't blame yourself it was not your fault. We lost our last dog at night while we were sleeping and I know just how you feel. I have often wondered if there was something that I could have done to prevent his death, but in the end I came to realise that there was really nothing that could have been done. God called Jerry home just as he called Daisy home and they had to go. Always remember her in your heart and she will never be really gone. I know that you can't hug or touch her but the great memorys that you had while she was with you will live forever in you heart. Again I say don't blame yourself there is no way that you could have known that this was going to happen, It's not your fault. Remember she is in a better place now. She is no longer in any pain, and that she still loves you.

I'm so very sorry for Daisy's loss it sounds like she was wonderful friend. f_yellow:bighug