Diamond

lovemycoffee

Diamond was a big, beautiful black & white boy. He was smart, strong and extremely dominant. All the regular volunteers loved him. Except for 2 brief stays at foster homes, he lived at the GPS kennel from his retirement in 1997 until the end of last week. He was more than a handful, and could only be placed in a home with an experienced greyhound person. At the kennel he was only turned out with a dominant female, as he couldn't be trusted to run in a pack or with other males. He was a hard case, and it looked as though he'd never find a home.

Last week we got the news that Diamond had finally found a home! It was cause for celebration, and we all hoped that he would settle in and be happy in his new home.

This morning the group heard from his new owner. Yesterday Diamond bloated, and had to be put down. Everyone who knew him is devastated. What a sad ending. I hope that his last days were happy ones, and that he enjoyed his brief life in his new home.

Run free Diamond.

Diamond4web.jpg

Oh, how tragic! Poor Diamond! I'm so sorry! :grouphugf_yellow

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

:(:(:( I am so sorry. Godspeed Diamond. Run free beautiful boy. f_yellow:f_red:f_white

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Greymom19

I'm so sorry. :grouphug

What a handsome boy Diamond was. That picture of him looks almost exactly like my sweet boy Fletcher. Maybe they can run free together at the Bridge. :f_red

Run free Diamond, and remember all those who loved you throughout your life.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.