Andi

Pippin

medium.jpg

Last March, when I contacted Greyt Friends about learning more about greys, in the hopes of adopting one, Dee listened to what I was looking for, what my lifestyle was, and said "we've got a couple senior girls. Angie and Andi. THey're both wonderful, but Andi *loves* to travel. And she's black" which was what I was looking for - a black dog, female, senior, that would go places with me.

So I went to Dee's house, where both the girls were fostering, and Angie came up to me, looked into my eyes, and licked my chin. I was hooked, and she's been in my heart since April, and in my home since May.

But Andi always had a special place, too. She was my "almost" dog. I rejoiced when she was adopted out, even though I missed her when I was house-sitting for Dee.

Today, while Dee and I were talking about prospects for our availables, she said that Highway's mom was looking for a new senior girl, since she had to let Andi go to the bridge a couple weeks ago.

I was stunned. Turns out my sweet "almost" dog had osteo, and there was nothing they could do for her.

Andi and Angie were the first greys I met, and it was just a fluke that the dog who stole my heart was not the black female I went there to meet, but the "yeller dawg" that licked my chin that day.

She wasn't mine, but I find myself crying anyway, because she was my friend.

Run free, old girl....enjoy your new life.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

She was a lucky girl to be loved and cared for by so many people :)

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Run free sweetheart...Run with the wind to the angels. :(:f_white:f_pinkf_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

ya know, I was just thinking about her today, because I think about her everytime I have to hoist Angie into my truck cab (she *hates* riding in the truck, or most other vehicles, for that matter, and never willingly goes into them). Everytime I hoist her in, I remember Dee saying "Andi *loves* to travel", and find myself wondering if I'd made the right choice in picking this sweet girl instead of that one.

Guess I'll stop wondering, now.

Mary Semper Fi, Dad - I miss you. Remembering Carla Benoist, a Greyhound/Pibble's bestest friend, Princess Zoe Brick-Butt, the little IG with the huge impact on hearts around the world - Miz Foxy - Greyhound Trish - Batman, the Roman-nosed Gentleman - Profile, the Handsome Man - Hunky the Hunkalicious - Jeany the Beautiful Lady- Zema, the most beautiful girl in the world - Jessie, the lovable nuisance - and my 3 Greys: my Angie-girl, my Casey-girl, and The Majestic Pippin, running forever in my heart. (I will always love you and miss you,my friends)

She is travelling with the very best now.

Godspeed, Andi sweetheart. I hope your momma and your brother Highway are bearing up without you. I know you'll watch over them, and I know you'll always be first in their hearts.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I know that pain you're feeling... one of my friend's senior dogs just passed from osteo, and she too, touched my heart in such a short time. Godspeed, sweet Andi and may all the other precious Bridge kids welcome you with whirly tails. f_yellow

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.