Belle

MisserGil

The 10th of January would have been Belle's first gotcha day.

We left here on Friday at noon driving to Philly to pick you up. Excited and scared because we didn't know if we were crazy by adopting you without meeting you and having you meet our gang first. We arrived in Philly at 5. It was very cold outside and snow was on the ground. We filled out the paperwork, put you in the car and headed back home. You slept the entire trip on the back seat. We talked to you and called you different names trying to decide what fit you better. You put up with us. We arrived home around 11 that night.. You were tired although I don't know why after sleeping the entire trip from NH.

Once we got you home, you were scared.. You met the rest of the gang at home and checked out your new yard. You didn't want to come inside, but we came and led you in to check out the inside. We made sure you were fed and were comfortable. Tanner enjoyed seeing you and meeting his new friend.

It took several months before you really settled in. You really worked hard at destroying things, chewing things etc.. But we never gave up.. Finally one day, you found the couch. Before the only dogs allowed there were the little ones. At first you didn't want anyone else there with you, but gradually learned that the others were going to do it too.. You soon became a real princess. But stoic all the same. You slept by the bed everynight and you and Tanner didn't like to touch each other.. I guess cooties were a concern.. As time went on and even in the past couple of months, we saw you continuing to change.. You were growing sweeter and more loving each day.

Then that horrible night of January 1 when you hit the tree. I knew something was wrong with you.. I tried to tell the Doctors what to look for, but they will only do certain things. I didn't want to leave you at the vets, but had to do so. On the way to the vets office that night, you wouldn't lie down on the floor of the van, even with me there.. You had to get on the back sofa where you always layed.. I helped you there and sat beside you.. You were on your throne.

When we had to pick you up to transfer you to another EVet, I knew that your time was short. I would never have wanted you to have any pain. You were my heart dog. The special bond that we had. Tanner misses you so much. He still goes outside to look for you. He barks and calls your name. He wants to play with you and run with you.. He constantly checks the perimeters of the back yard to see if you are there. We do our best to console him. The sofa is not the same without you there.. I miss your snuggles so very much. Or those looks you would give us when you didn't want to be bothered..

We all miss you sweet Butter Bean.. Run free and know that you are in our hearts forever. I know we will see you once again. Please keep an eye out for our other furkids and I hope you have a nice soft place to lay..

Love, Your Dads and Alex...

<b>These of course are just my humble opinions and in no way express the thoughts or ideas of the management, staff or members of this or any other board.. </b>
James River Greyhounds, Richmond VA
Homer, Gunnar and Scarlett,... Bridge Kids, Belle, Toby, Tanner, Pumpkin, Dimples and Tyrone, Willis, Duncan, Clea,Cable and Gracie

I'm so sorry for your loss :f_white

You slept by the bed everynight and you and Tanner didn't like to touch each other.. I guess cooties were a concern..

couldn't help but smile at that...

gallery_2175_3047_5054.jpg

Michelle...forever missing her girls, Holly 5/22/99-9/13/10 and Bailey 8/1/93-7/11/05

Religion is the smile on a dog...Edie Brickell

Wag more, bark less :-)

Such a terrible tragedy. I can't tell you how very sorry I am. :f_pink:grouphug

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

What a sweet tribute to your little princess. Know that she's smiling down... and knows how cherished and loved she was. :bighug

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

Guest PrestosJeff

Thanks for telling us more about Belle. I enjoyed reading her story, and am so sorry for your loss. She will always be a special part of your family. I am sure she's found comfort and fun at the Bridge.

:f_pink:bighug

Guest 8_Greyt_Greys

that was so beautiful.belle was a special girl .im so sorry about the tragedy. god bless you and your family and run free belle take care of all our fur friends that are there with you

Guest spazkaz

What a beautiful and touching tribute. I am truly sorry for your loss... My sweet girl's 1st gotcha day is coming up, and my heart breaks just thinking about losing her... I'm tearing up...

I am so sorry! Run free sweet Belle. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest Meredith

what wonderful memories you have..... I'm sure she is remembering that first day as well, her tail wagging as she smiles at you from the bridge, grateful for you loving her unconditionally and helping her know just what it meant to be part of a family.

Edited by Meredith

Oh, Gil, my heart aches for your loss. What a wonderful tribute to Belle. You were blessed to have had her in your life and I'm sure she was so greytful for you as well, even though it was for a short time. :( Just know the day will come that you will see her again, and in the meantime she will watch over you and your family just waiting for the day you are together again!!!!

Hugs!!!

Karen

Praying for all the missing greys!

Poor Belle - you did all you could for her, but no-one could save her. It was truly a tragedy :cry1

We followed her story hoping that she would pull through, and we all cried with you when she didn't. She's out of reach of all pain and sorrow now - and she couldn't have had a better home for her last year.

I'm sure Tanner does miss her, but maybe he isn't looking in vain when he goes out to the yard? I'm convinced that Jim has seen Susan since we lost her, on many occasions. When she first went to the bridge, he would go and stand out in the dark, perfectly still and alert, watching around the garden - sometimes for twenty minutes or half an hour. I believe he could see her, and he will still do that sometimes, but not as often now.

GTAvatar-2015_zpsb0oqcimj.jpg

The plural of anecdote is not data

Brambleberry Greyhounds My Etsy Shop