Miss Chipper The Cat

Guest PrestosJeff

Guest PrestosJeff

Some of you know from a previous post that my cat of over sixteen years, Miss Chipper, was having increasing health problems and not eating from what we thought was hyperthyroidism . Miss Chipper deteriorated rapidly in the last several days, and we could no longer feed her baby food without her throwing up. I took Miss Chipper to our vet yesterday morning, and later in

the day the doctor let me know that Miss Chipper most likely had a

cancer of the digestive system and would not recover. My partner, Coy, and I spent some time with her at the vet's office last evening holding her, telling her what a good girl she is and saying goodbye. We stayed with her as the vet very compassionately helped her to rainbow bridge.

Miss Chipper was my heart cat--a faithful companion who saw me through life's ups and downs, always offering her love freely. Miss Chipper always came when you called her, and would often say "hello" to

you with a petite little "meow" when you greeted her by name. She

seemed to know when you were arriving home, and would greet you at the

door. She especially enjoyed spending quiet times with Coy and I, and

would lay relaxed on your lap, purring with contentment as you stroked

her smooth, silky coat and massaged her neck. I am very greatful for

her love and companionship.

We will miss her greatly. We have a treasure of warm memories and humorous tales that will keep Miss Chipper in our thoughts. I hope that she is happy and free and we'll see her again one day. :angelwings

Thank you all for helping us through her illness and reading a bit

about her today.

Jeff

Guest cindysmom

Oh Jeff, I'm so, so sorry to read this. I was hoping and praying for Miss Chipper. I lost my heart kitty, Priscilla at this age as well. She had been with me a good deal of my adult life. My heart cries for you.

God speed, Miss Chipper, you made Jeff's life so happy with the gift of your presence.

Guest spazkaz

I'm so sorry for your loss of Miss Chipper. She sounds like she was really special. Bless you for helping her get to the bridge surrounded by those that loved her.

Jeff, I'm so sorry. Bless you and Coy for treating your special girl with such love and compassion.

Godspeed, little one.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

Guest ProudGreyMom

My deepest sympathies to you and Coy. Kitty was lucky to have you in her life and you took such good care of her. Sweet dreams at the bridge Miss Chipper. :(

Jeff and Coy...I am so very sorry for your loss. My thoughts are with you at this most difficult time. Run free Miss Chipper...I have alerted my Miss Fluffy that you are on your way so she will watch for you. :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry to hear of your loss Jeff & Coy :cry1f_yellow Sleep tight Miss Chipper.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest PrestosJeff

Thank you all so much for your kind thoughts and words. They really do help--I'm very touched by the caring community here at GT. It's nice to think about Miss Chipper having some friends like Fluffy to play with at the bridge.

Hugs to you all and your animals from us.

Jeff and Coy :bighug

Guest argolola

Jeff and Coy,

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your Miss Chipper. It hurts so much to lose a little one, and it's very hard to let go.

Your girl has her angel wings now. I would be willing to bet that Zombie is showing her around the Bridge right now.

God bless you both. I pray that soon you will be able to remember with a smile, instead of a tear.

p.s. I'm crying for her with you tonight

Edited by argolola

Guest auntiesara

Jeff and Coy

We're so sorry for the loss of Ms Chipper . It's especiaaly hard in the midst of the holiday season. We derive some comfort in the belief that we WILL see them again and hope you both do as well.

Sara

Guest PrestosJeff

Thank you all so much for your support. Here is a picture of Miss Chipper on the bottom, and her sister, Sasha, on top of the chair. Bless all of you and your animals. Happy New Year everyone!

post-15-1072924417.jpg