• once/month or less
    • 2-3x/month
    • once/week
    • a couple times/week
    • about every other day
    • about once/day
    • about twice/day
    • more than twice/day
    • multiple dogs have VERY different barking habits (if close then average them and chose an answer above).

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Greytmom

I have never once heard Sheba bark.

I don't really remember any of our hounds as barkers. We did however, have an 11 year old foster brood mom about 6 months ago. She would bark and bark... worse then my lab dal. She would bark at the other dogs, the cat, the beds, the toys, the windows, the fireplace and especially the stairs. She was such a great dog. :)

Guest Twizzlersmom

Twizzler barks! And sings and talks...all the time. He recently met my friend Deb for the first time and when it was time to leave her home I asked him if he was ready to go. He barked his assent! She said that he was quite a demanding guy and I did not know what she was talking about. She said he barked AND stomped his foot. I had never noticed it but he does! If you ask him if he wants to go ANYWHERE he of course says yes (loudly) and if we do not move fast enough he lets us know that he is ready by barking and stomping his foot.:offwall:lol: Dog makes me crazy! DH gets so upset when he is laying on the couch and Twizzy comes right up to his face and barks at him! He says "I thought these dogs were NOT supposed to bark" But we love him to bits...barking, singing, talking and even whining! :wub:

Guest GracieGirlGrey

The only time Gracie barks is when we go over my friend's house. My friend has a golden and a rotty. When the golden and the rotty run to the window to bark at something Gracie joins in like it's a game or something. She never ever does this at any other time, it's so cute to hear this big bark come out of her little head!

Guest BleusysMom

Bleusy is one very silent laddie.....in almost the 7 years together....I have heard 4 isolated barks...and he had a reason for each one!!!!!!!

He is learning to moan........

Guest Q-Tips People

Q-Tip only barks when she wants another dog to play with her and they are not interested!!

Normally its only at the dog park.

Mill has yet to make any noise that resembles a bark.

Guest Bones_Sox63

Bones has never said a word until we got Sox, I can only assume he was taught in race trainning not to speak. But now we have Sox (the baby) he will chatter away, the first time he barked was at Sox and he gave both myself and my wife the scare of our lives as we had never heard anything so deep in all our lives. Sox is a little yapper always talking to herself and whinning for something. But Bones still tends to be quite quiet. But when he does bark we now listen. Usually meal times is his favorite time to say he is around.

Shawn

Edited by Bones_Sox63

Guest irishgreys

Nina often when she sees another dog but it depends where.

Niro hardly ever, that when he does we get a heart attack.

Nando the iggy is our guard dog and barks when somebody rings the doorbell.

Guest rockingship

I heard Casey bark once----one solitary "woof" in ten years. He was the strong, silent type.

Edited by rockingship

• 1 year later...

Every morning is a bark-fest in our house with the two girlies!! After breakfast, they bark out the windows, sometines at kitties across the road, sometimes at deer in the back field, most times just at nothing at all....to hear themselves bark.

Sometimes I bark along with them to get them to roo...we have a lot of fun here...lol

Renie and Lucy seldom bark other then an occasional snark at each other. My 91 pound Teddy, who is a sweet and cuddly boy barks like a guard dog. last week when the vet chiropractor came to see Lucy, and Teddy was doing his ferocious barking, she told him he would be a lot more convincing if his tail wasn't wagging and he didn't look so happy. :lol

Greyhound angels at the bridge- Casey, Charlie, Maggie, Molly, Renie, Lucy & Teddy. Beagle angels Peanut and Charlie. And to all the 4 legged Bridge souls who have touched my heart, thank you. When a greyhound looks into you eyes it seems they touch your very soul.

"A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more then he loves himself". Josh Billings

siggie-7.jpg

Lea barks and whines continually in my ear in the morningwhen the alarm goes off which I'm in the process of trying to correct! She barks if anyone walks past the house, she growls at Gordon if he rests his head on her bum, she pretty much likes to have a good bark!

Gordon barks if anyone walks past the house and also does one single bark when I lock the back door to go to work.

Buddy hardly ever barks.

Brody barks at the neighbors dog through the fence.

Benny barks at leaves, any other dog laying down in the yard ("Get up and play with me!"), any noise he hears, anything really. We nicknamed him Benny Barks a lot. :lol The worst part is, he sounds like a poodle instead of a greyhound! :rolleyes::lol

Guest UndefinedAli

For the first six months, I don't think Drive made a peep until he met what we call "That Bad Dog." He will growl, bark and attack his own reflection. No other dog, just himself.

But now we've taught him to speak (only the command is "Roo!") and he will bark when he is just STARVING and I need to feed him NOW, please can't you see how SKINNY he is?

Here is video of him begging pathetically because I am trying to make him do something instead of just giving him the food. He has a squeaky girly bark.

Guest stocktonlakeguy

Our boy Scotch only barks if it's time for a walk, or when he wants to go out, or come in. We've gotten use to his "signals". He does have the "whining thing" down pat though.

For the first six months, I don't think Drive made a peep until he met what we call "That Bad Dog." He will growl, bark and attack his own reflection. No other dog, just himself.

But now we've taught him to speak (only the command is "Roo!") and he will bark when he is just STARVING and I need to feed him NOW, please can't you see how SKINNY he is?

Here is video of him begging pathetically because I am trying to make him do something instead of just giving him the food. He has a squeaky girly bark.

1757628[/snapback]

:lol That's EXACTLY how Benny sounds! We thought he was just a poodle stuck in a greyhound body. I guess it's just the sissy greyhound bark! :lol

Depends on the squirrel population that day  :lol  :lol

568826[/snapback]

:laughitup:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Ain't that the truth? :lol Lori Ann is a barker. Several times a day! :blink: Randy has started to pick up on that too, but so far maybe once a day!

Guest Frances

Diva will bark at her food dish if the ring on her collar touches it or if *her man* talks to another dog.

Celest will bark at Diva if she gets too active.

Every morning at 5:30am  asking to go out.

Better than not barking and "doing it" in :lol

Rob Roy must bark every day during squirrel watch--doesn't have to see a squirrel, only be watching for one :rolleyes:

Ivey barks for no reason at all while laying on her bed and she barks very loud.

Huston barks when he wants to go out or wants a treat (be careful about teaching them to speak--lesson learned :P )

Austin, in 5 years, has barked maybe 3 times and scared the crap out of me all three times because he was standing fairly close to me, and of course, he doesn't bark :lol

Diane & The Senior Gang

Burpdog Biscuits