• once/month or less
    • 2-3x/month
    • once/week
    • a couple times/week
    • about every other day
    • about once/day
    • about twice/day
    • more than twice/day
    • multiple dogs have VERY different barking habits (if close then average them and chose an answer above).

Guest team_tonio

I have a very vocal greyhound... Though mostly grunts and growls... when he's excited, or he sees a cat, or just for the neighbor's sake when we're on our 5 am walk - then he likes to grunt and growl every time he pees and then kicks up their lawn for good measure!

Although once he gave a very sharp 2 bark warning to a man in the park coming up behind us. Let's just say the man didn't get any closer :)

• Replies 343
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest PennysDad

Penny didn't bark for the longest time, and now will if she sees a suspicious dog in the park (where she got jumped by a dog once). She will also do "encouraging" barks at other dogs if she's running with them and they're not running fast enough for her.

Treasure will bark anytime there's anyone at the door, so this is a daily occurrence.

Guest HotNostril

Dasher has me trained well! He barks when he wants out, walk, food, treat, bored, wants to play ball...Oh and he will not stop barking for me. My husband or my son simply say, "be quiet" and he shuts right up.

Guest DragonflyDM

Boomer only barks single barks and only when I don’t notice that he needs to go outside. Just a stare and then “hey…I gotta pee over here!!"

Otherwise, he is absolutely silent.

He whines like crazy every time we get near a Petco or pull up to the house after a road trip.

On rare occasions, I can get him to roo.

Betty has gotten more vocal as she's gotten older, but most of her barking has been for play. She just seems to have figured out that "barking with helicopter tail about an hour after dinner may result in a second and possibly third dessert!"

jeffbettybanner2.jpg

Betty "Beauty" Joan. 63B-21375. June 2003 - March 2015. Thank you pretty girl!

Guest JoyceandSammy

Sammy barks all the time. He barks to play; he barks to go in and out of the house; he barks to tell on PG if she is doing something he doesn't want her to do; he barks for food; he barks in the car; he barks when he hears something outside... I don't think my adoption group wants him to come to Meet-n-Greets because he gives people the wrong impression of the majority of greyhounds who don't bark! But to me--it's a joyful noise and I wouldn't have him any other way! PG never barks. I guess she doesn't have to--because how can she fit a bark in sideways when she lives with Sammy!

Joyce

Sammy & PG

Hampton, VA

I live with the QUEEN of barking. Maddie barks when it is feeding time, when she has to go out (which I don't mind when it is this) when I am on the phone, or when she is bored. It is never dull at my house with Maddie who just ate a 25.00 refund check. That was fun calling for a replacement

Amy Human Mommy to fur baby Maddie (Doobiesaurus) TDI certified. May 5, 2002-September 12, 2014 and Mille (Mac's Bayou Baby)CGC, TDI certified.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg"]http://i270. photobucket.com/albums/jj93/Chillyhorse/siggies/maddie.jpg[/img]

Nelson barks every time he get excited about something…which is basically ALL the time. Our neighbors can hear him!

Violet never barks I've heard her bark once, and that was when Nelson jumped on her. haha

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AceyGrey

My boy barked for the first time in a long time last night, and that was at a Fox.

A lady at the trust we got him from said she'd only ever heard her boy bark once in the year she'd had him and that was at a puppy who was climbing all over him.

Guest CharlEYp

I think Al has barked twice since we got him... once at my partner because i was cleaning and he was sleeping on the sofa. heh it was like he was saying "oi! you should be doing that too!" and once at he because he was ecited for his walk / treat.

• 1 year later...
Guest Jesse12789

bossman only barks if he gets super excited and plays with my other two terrier mixes,, which is about twice a day.

Edited by Jesse12789

Guest Shermanator

Echo is a talker. Loves to bark and roo.

Travel has barked twice in 4 years. When she gets excited, she shakes her head and snaps her jaws like she is trying to bark with her sister, but can't get it together and nothing cones out!