Bud

Guest catsmom

Guest catsmom

:( Some of you might know that I have kitties in additon to a greyhound (and another dog). Well, this morning, my persian cat, Bud, went to the bridge -- and I'm really sad at the loss of my baby.

I only had Bud 3 years. He was a stray of sorts. My parents' neighbor had to move out of his house because he could no longer afford to make payments. He had many cats, most outdoor kitties who had inside priveleges. Bud was one of them. He was a sweety and much loved by this man, but the guy just wasn't doing right by this beautiful animal. When the guy moved he couldn't take all the kitties with him, so many of us in the neighborhood took in the "leftovers." I got Bud. He was all matted and full of fleas when I got him, but the vet set him right again -- with one of those horrible Lion Cuts and some medicine for fleas.

Bud lived in my house, quite happily, for 3 years. His fur grew in and he became such a beautiful cat (can't say I thought persians were all that pretty until Bud came along.) Initially, he was just going to "foster" him until the right home came along. Turned out that home was mine.

A couple months ago I noticed Bud not eating so well and having troubles with his tongue. The vet and I treated it with antibiotics, and were seeing a little improvement up until a week ago. Bud could no longer take care of himself and I was responsible for giving him water, food and grooming. In spite of all this, he was quite the snuggler and would always purr and give me a "mow" when I called his name.

The last couple days were bad. Bud wanted to eat, but nothing would go in. He could no longer swallow. He hated me trying to force food down him and it would upset me to do it. I made a vet appointment for this morning since I just didn't think things were going well.

The vet did an aspiration biopsy and confirmed that Bud had a tumor of the tongue. It was at the base of the tongue, so the tumor could not be removed and still allow Bud some quality of life.

So I let him go. I was there when he went and it was horribly hard, but I do know he is no longer suffering. I miss him so much!!

I've had kitties since birth and of course have had to deal with loss. Bud somehow has hit me hard. It wasn't until he got ill that I realized how much he meant to me. Cat is my heart dog, but I think Bud was my heart cat.

:(

Thanks for reading my little kitty obituary. Bud would have loved the attention.

(((((((((( catsmom ))))))))))

I'm so sorry. It sounds like you loved him very much and will miss him terribly.

Go with God, little Bud.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So sorry for your loss! I'm sure you did the right thing for Bud and he knows he was and is much loved. :grouphug:f_white

...............Chase (FTH Smooth Talker), Morgan (Cata), Reggie (Gable Caney), Rufus
(Reward RJ). Fosters check in, but they don't check out.
Forever loved -- Cosmo (System Br Mynoel), March 11, 2002 - October 8, 2009.
Miss Cosmo was a lady. And a lady always knows when to leave.

Guest lotsahounds

Becky, I'm so sorry to hear about Bud...when I was looking at the list and saw his name my heart just sank.I always think of him wearing his hat. It's never easy losing a special friend. He knew he was loved that's for sure. Take Care

Donna

I am so sorry! Godspeed Bud. :(f_yellow

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

I'm sorry for your loss :(

Night night Bud.

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

Guest BleusysMom

Bud....Godspeed, and enjoy all our Friends, up at the Bridge, all willing to show you the ropes of your new 'waiting home', .....

sooo....play, jump, catch your kitty toys, and enjoy your grub....all pain free....and look down on your Mom, and give her your Love and Purring, and purr some extra when you feel her Love and Adoration of you!!!!!

Guest DeweytheGreyt

Becky,

I am so sorry for your loss!!! I know only too well how difficult it is to say goodbye to a beloved friend. I had to let my heart kittie, ^Baby^, go this May. There still isn't a day that goes by that I don't think of him in one way or another. I think that we both know in our hearts that we did the right thing. And I know that ^Bud^ and ^Baby^ will keep each other company until we meet them again.

My deepest symathies are with you. Take care!!

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry about the loss of Bud. At least he came to you for his last home just like we give our Greys their forever homes. I'm sure he knew how much you love him and I believe we WILL see them again.....Sara

Guest Angie626

So sorry for the loss of Bud! My cat Rudy had a similar issue. He had a tumor/cancer of the jaw, so he just could not eat anymore. It was so hard letting my baby go...

Hope Bud and Rudy have hooked up and are eating lots of tuna!