Kenickie Has Gone

Guest Kirsten

Guest Kirsten

Our rat Kenickie has gone to the bridge at just 18months of age. He was diagnosed with Micoplasma (an incurable type of pneumonia common in rats) in spring. He fought hard and got much better, he seemed very well actually. We went to feed him and take him out on Saturday morning and he was gone. He looked very peaceful as if he had just decided to lie down and go to sleep. I am heartbroken, he was our first rat and started a passion. I always said he was just like a little dog. I am grateful that he died at a time that he hadn't suffered very much or had to be put to sleep but it is such a shock as he seemed so well after literally being at deaths door. The dogs even liked him and Link actually used to let him clean his face.

His partner Rizzo is only 6 months old and is missing him terribly as she has never been alone. We are going to select a new friend for her tonight. I feel guilty for getting another rat so soon but I know that Kenickie would not like Rizzo to be lonely. Only another rat can truly provide the kind of company that she needs.

You were a very special little creature and you will always be missed and remembered in our house.

Guest Angie626

So sorry about your poor Rat. A college friend had a pet rat and she was just the neatest thing.

Great names by the way....

I'm sure Rizzo will appreciate the new friend.

Sorry to hear about your loss :(

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

I'm so sorry. Friends are friends, aren't they, no matter how small, no matter how long you've known them. You shouldn't feel guilty -- I'd think he'd want Rizzo to have some company.

Godspeed, Kenickie.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

So sorry... Hugz

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest ChrissyB

I learned several years ago that if one is looking for a small pet, instead of a hamster, go for a rat. They are terrific, love to be held and almost never bite, unlike hamsters and gerbels.

I am sorry you lost your friend.........

I am so sorry for your loss. My daughter had two rats and they were the sweetest little babes and very smart. It broke her heart when they each went to the Bridge. My deepest sympathy! :(

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.