My Sweet Kitty Is Gone

Guest BENSMOM

Guest BENSMOM

The sadness I am feeling tonight is almost overwhelming. She died in my arms, on the way to the vet to release her from her suffering. I think I was as prepared as you can be to let her go. It was not the death I had envisioned for my sweet angel. It was violent and awful. I don' think I'll ever get those screams out of my head. Please pray for my family as we try to deal, not only with her loss, but knowing it wasn't the peaceful departure we all want for our loved ones.

I will say a prayer for you and your angel kitty. I know it is tough. I lost my boy of 16 years Easter Morning. From Cancer (VAC). Not a day goes by I do not think of him or shed a tear. I can only say I understand your pain right now. And I am sorry for your loss.

Guest KaseysMom

I am so sorry for the loss of your sweet kitty, and especially for the way she died. I had a somewhat similar experience with a cat, and it is so hard when the ending is tragic. I'm so glad you were with her. Take comfort in that. :f_pink:f_pink:grouphug

I am so sorry for you and your Angel baby. I know what you are going through. Our 21 year old kitty died a horrible death in his Daddy's arms...(heart). It is so hard. Sending healing prayers your way...Godspeed Sweet Kitty... :f_pink

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.

Guest BENSMOM

Thank you all for your kindness. I will try to hang onto the idea that it was some help to her that I was with her. I miss her so much. Thanks again. I know you truly understand my pain.

I'm sorry to hear about Sadie. I'm sure it was a comfort to her to have you there -- how could it not be? She knows you loved her and will remember her forever. Sending many hugs.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

I'm so sorry for your loss. She's free and not in any pain now. I know it wasn't the death you wanted for her, and I'm sorry for that. Unfortunately, life and death are not always in our control.

Hugs to you all.

Tami

Tami, Nikki & Gypsy (non-greyhounds, but still pretty good dogs.) Deeply missing Sunscreen Man, Angel (Back on the Job), Switzler Festus and Joe (Indio Starr)

Guest BENSMOM

Just wanted to thank you for your caring responses. You can't replace one pet with another , but before Sadie's death, I had applied for a senior grey through CVGreys. He arrived yesterday, and has helped to ease the pain of losing Miss Sadie.

We will always remember the funny things she did and how sweet she was. I know that after a while I'll be able to think of those things without the ache I now feel in my heart. Thanks again. You are so kind.

Guest ProudGreyMom

Oh, Bensmom, I am so sorry for your loss and for your sweet kitty. At least she was in your arms where she belonged on her way to the Bridge. Hugs to you and your family :bighug

Guest StrayGrey

It is so sad to read this. You sound heartbroken. I'm sending healing thoughts to you and condolences on the loss of your lovely kitty. May sweet Sadie live in your memory forever.

"There are no ordinary cats."—Colette

So sorry for the pain and loss you are feeling now. It will get better with time. I lost my sweet Gizmo spring of 2002 after being with us 14yrs. It was one of the hardest things I've ever gone through, my poor dh was out of town and he was devistated. He cried like a baby and told me to give kitty a kiss from daddy and to tell him that he loved him (sitting here crying as I type :( ). I know the he is in a better place and we'll seen him again some day. Sending gentle hugs and healing prayers to you and your family!

:grouphug:f_white:grouphug:f_white:grouphug:f_white

Praying for all the missing greys!

Guest cindysmom

I'm so sorry for the loss of your Sadie. An ending like that does make it difficult at times, but know she is running free now, chasing micies and butterflies in the most beautiful Place in the universe.

My Priscilla went under not so great circumstances. Because she was older, almost 16, her veins had collapsed a bit, and the vet missed the vein the first stick. Prissie hated to have her feet touched in any way at all to begin with, and then to have to be stuck twice was awful. She was growling and hissing until the medication took effect, in addition to urinating on the table, which, as fastidious a cat as she was, I know was horribly humiliating for her. She did have a quiet moment before she went, however, and we made eye contact, and I was able to tell her how much I loved her and what she meant to me in my life. I know now that she's pain-free and running with the angels, playing the peek-a-boo game, which we used to play, from behind the clouds.

Whatever we were to each other, that we still are.

Call me by my old familiar name,

speak to me in the easy familiar way

you always use.

Play, smile, think of me.

Let my name be ever the

household word it always was...

Life means all that it ever meant.

It is the same as it ever was;

there is unbroken continuity.

Henry Scott Holland

Edited by cindysmom