Salt

Guest Ferrevergrey

Guest Ferrevergrey

You may not have one any beauty contests, but you won a spot in my heart. I'm so sorry that you had to die this way. Through the carelessness of "rescuers" your life was cut to short, but now you're running with the angels, in the heavenly fields above.

Your life was short and difficult, with no one to love you along the way, you where abandoned, caught, and kenneled, without ever knowing the love of a family.

You came into my life unexpectadly, and captured my heart. I knew from the first time our eyes met that you where different from all the others. The love and calmness that you showed while in so much pain really touched my heart.

Now you're free from neglect and pain, never to suffer again. Run free my beauty, and enjoy your pain free state. Maybe some day our paths will cross in the heavenly fields above.

Guest shiningstar

Oh, No! I remember you first posted about Salt and how precious that sweet thing was. I remember how you loved Salt and I'm sure that Salt knew that you did. You were a special friend for her at her worst time. Be thankful for that, and that at the last part of her life she WAS loved.

I am just so sorry to hear she didn't make it!

:f_red

Guest Ferrevergrey

I'm still an emotional wreck :( One would think with all the sick, hurt, abused, neglected, and abandoned dogs I've seen in my life I'd be use to seeing them die by now, but I don't think one can ever get use to it. Salt may have not been a champion show dog, or even a really pretty dog, but she did not deserve to die like this! The carelessness, the neglect, the pain-she was abandoned at a remote area of the county, the shelter picked her up, and god knows how long she sat there before this "rescue" picked her up, and moved her to thier kennels, and I know she was there for a couple of months before she died :( I was probably the only person in the world that had ever showed Salt true love from the heart. She wasn't really my dog, but in a way, I felt she was. She definatly had a big peice of my heart :cry1

Edited by Animalover44

Lydia you have such a big heart. Even though you work with animal all the time it will never get easier to see them go. Thats a good thing because if it got easier then you've sealed off your heart. What will get easier I'm sure is the ability to control your emotions until the time is right. Plus you can use that strength to help others that have to cope with the same situation except it may be more personal for them. You are still young Lydia and have to grow into that big heart of yours!

Godspeed Salt.

Guest Ferrevergrey

It's hard for me when dogs like Salt cross the rainbow bridge through the carelessness of people. The vet said it could have been a couple things that actually killed her, since she didn't even die at the vets, she died at the kennel :( He said she could have gotten cold, and that could have killed her, she could have died from shock, or from loss of blood, or from something unrelated to the attack, but he said the chances of the last are very slim :cry1 I hope I never grow into my big heart, for then I would also be protecting it instead of letting it out there to get hurt. I've seen much death in my short life so far, much more then most people 3 times my age have seen, and up until now, I've been able to keep composure until an appropriate time, but with Salt, I just lost it. Maybe partly due to the fact that I was already upset because of the accident, but Salt's death had impacted me more then I ever imagined. It feels like I just lost one of my own babies. But at least she isn't going unremembered.

Guest DemasMom

:cry1 *big hugs*

You have such a good heart, Lydia. I hope that you continue to keep it open and not grow bitter. There are so many animals out there in need of someone like you.

Guest cindysmom

Oh Lydia, I was so upset to see the news about Salt in your other post. I truly believe animals pick up so much of our thoughts, intentions, etc. I just have to believe that Salt knew of your love for her. Somewhere in my heart I know it.

You don't have to be strong all the time. Crying is good for the soul. It is cleansing and restores you for life ahead. Keep your sweet heart open, even with the pain. Your life will be so much the richer for it. Hugs to you.

Salt, sweetie, I know you know that you were loved so much by dear Lydia before you left this world . You run free little girl - free from fear, pain, and rejoice in His Presence, for you were wonderfully made by Him.

Guest Ferrevergrey

Thankyou everyone. I know this rescue never intended for this to happen, but I guess I just have a hard time seeing such a sweet dog suffer so much for an accident that never should have happened. Commen sense would have prevented this tragity, but I know I shouldn't judge. I don't know thier reasons for letting that dog out with Salt.

I guess I just let my emotions take control of me for awhile, I hate seeing animals suffer. It's not as hard when I know the animal has a loving famiy waiting for it when it's ready to go home, but Salt had nobody to love her but me.