Bob's Banker

Guest acecommander

Guest acecommander

23669788-ecae-00800058-.jpg

It has been 6 years since you left us physically, but of course you will always be with us. It's hard to believe that a "dog" could teach us so much about dealing with what life bestows upon us.

Banker started having seizures when he was about 7 years old, and as he got older the seizures got worse. We all learned how to deal with them, however, and after the standard period of disorientation,

(about 90 minutes), he would recover.

He was a real trooper, a gentleman, and a chocolate thief. Hershey Kisses and Peanut M&M's were his favorite. I know that chocolate isn't good for dogs, but you have to understand, Banker was not an ordinary dog. If he wanted something bad enough, you could not stop him. Back then I weighed about 200 lbs, and we walked where he wanted to and we went home when he decided that it was time to go home. He was the largest greyhound I have ever seen, and I have owned and been around greyhounds for over 15 years.

His weight was 114 lbs, and he was not fat. He made other normal sized greys look like whippets!

He was so big that it was hard to get a full shot picture of him.

23669789-99e2-00800059-.jpg

Whenever my sons are misbehaving now, I remind them of the legacy that Banker left them and the standards that they must try to follow. They know what I'm talking about.

Banker - you are in our hearts and thoughts every day. Thank you for being our very first son.

Wayne and Judy

What a beautiful boy and what wonderful memories you have of him. Rest in peace big guy!!!

We need to act responsibly toward the plants and animals with whom we share the world, who have no voice, but whose presence make our world a blessed place.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words." Anna Sewell "Black Beauty" 1877

Bobbi, Rick, Reddy, Jenny, and Kat ...Bethel, CT.

Falcon, Romeo, Addie, Shiloh, Frosty, Stormy and Sunshine waiting at the Rainbow Bridge

Greyhound Rescue and Rehabilitation..Cross River, NY

Guest Hammers Mom

Wayne,

What a great tribute to Banker! I had no idea he was that big and a brindle as well - I wish I could have seen him - you know I have a passion for the big guys myself.

I thought my Hammer was big at 95 lbs. (and I love that boy so much - he is my first son), I would have been totally blown away by Banker! I am so glad you were able to share a part of your life with such an incredible boy!

Hope to see you at our greyhound clinic tomorrow. If you are coming would you bring some pictures of Banker - I would love to see them.

Take care,

Linda

I know that Banker looks down on you and sends his love until you meet again. :f_red

Usethisone.jpg

Patti-Mommy of Lady Sophia 7-28-92 - 8-3-04... LaceyLaine 8-2-94-12-5-07...

Flash Gordon 7-14-99 - 8-29-09... BrookLynne...Pavé Maria... and 18 Bridge Kids.

WATCHING OVER US~SOPHIA~QUEENIE~LACEY LAINE~

CODY ANGELO~FLASH GORDON.