Pyro Is Pain Free Now

Guest scottandsharon

Guest scottandsharon

Well, we found out a month ago that it looked like the cancer had spread to Pyro's lungs, so we opted to not amputate his leg and put him through more pain and adjustment. The vet had told us that once the cancer is in their lungs that he could live anywhere from 3 weeks to 2 months. A month after he told us that, Pyro was in so much pain (the pain meds didn't seem to be helping at all anymore). He was waking us up at night because he couldn't get comfortable.

We took him to vet and laid on the floor with him when the vet administered the sleepy medicine to take away all his pain. It was so hard. I didn't think I could cry more than I did that day. It was the hardest thing I think I've had to do. Pyro went so peacefully though, and I know that he is frolicking in some field in heaven with no limp, no unhappiness, no pain. That makes me feel better.

You know what really makes it hard though? Is knowing that Pyro depended on us to choose what was right for him and loved us unconditionally to do so. I just wish that there could just one minute where our doggies could tell us what they want, so that their humans wouldn't feel guilty.

I know that we made the right decision, it's just very hard. IT was VERY hard to go home and not have him bouncing around like a little horsey that we were home. He was such a GREYT doggie.

Thanks for listening.

If you close your eyes and make a connection with the bond of love that you have with your sweetie, you'll know that he appreciates what you did for him. I'm SURE he's thankful to you and will see you again.

I'm sorry.

My sympathies to you on your loss. Yes, the choice is a hard decision to make, but one they cannot make for themselves. You loved him enough to help his pain go away. We have been there too with our previous dog (non grey), and it is never easy. Hugs to you, remember him with love.

I'm so sorry for your loss, he was obviously a special boy. He's happy, painfree, and at peace, and you were with him at the end. You couldn't have given him a greater gift of love than that. Godspeed Pyro.

Beth, Petey (8 September 2018- ), and Faith (22 March 2019). Godspeed Patrick (28 April 1999 - 5 August 2012), Murphy (23 June 2004 - 27 July 2013), Leo (1 May 2009 - 27 January 2020), and Henry (10 August 2010 - 7 August 2020), you were loved more than you can know.

Guest auntiesara

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of Pyro. We had to make the same choice for our three with osteo because of pain. It's natural to second quess, but if the vet could have done anything more he would have suggested it. It's hard to get through everyday life when everywhere you go and everything you do reminds you of your loved one. I believe we will see them again.I wish I could be more helpful....... Just know your GT friends are here for you. Sara

I'm sorry to hear Pyro had to leave you. Bless you that you could do what was right for him, and stay with him as he left. That took the greatest courage, and the greatest love. He was lucky to have you.

Godspeed, Pyro.

Star aka Starz Ovation (Ronco x Oneco Maggie*, litter #48538), Coco aka Low Key (Kiowa Mon Manny x Party Hardy, litter # 59881), and mom in Illinois
We miss Reko Batman (Trouper Zeke x Marque Louisiana), 11/15/95-6/29/06, Rocco the thistledown whippet, 04/29/93-10/14/08, Reko Zema (Mo Kick x Reko Princess), 8/16/98-4/18/10, the most beautiful girl in the whole USA, my good egg Joseph aka Won by a Nose (Oneco Cufflink x Buy Back), 09/22/2003-03/01/2013, and our gentle sweet Gidget (Digitizer, Dodgem by Design x Sobe Mulberry), 1/29/2006-11/22/2014, gone much too soon. Never forgetting CJC's Buckshot, 1/2/07-10/25/10.

My heart aches for you. :brokenheart You gave Pyro a very precious gift of your love... being there with him at his passing, loving him until his last breath. He's now whole again, and his spirit will live forever in your hearts. :beatheart Godspeed, sweet boy.

Jeanne with Remington & Scooter the cat
....and Beloved Bridge Angels Sandee, Shari, Wells, Derby, Phoenix, Jerry Lee and Finnian.....
If tears could build a stairway, and memories a lane, I'd walk right up to heaven
and bring you home again.

I'm really sorry for your loss :cry1:f_pink

Run with the others who are waiting Pyro :heart

Deerhounds Darcy, Duffy, Grace & Wellington, Mutts Sprout & Buddy, Lurchers Ned & Jake plus Ella the Westie + cats. Remembering Del, Jessie, Maddison, Flo, Sally, Stanley, Wallace, Radar, Mokka, Oki cat, Tetley, Poppy & Striker.

Please visit our web store at http://www.dogsndubs.com for our own range of Greyhound related clothing for humans!

We lost our heartdog to osteo 3 years ago. I know how difficult this was for you but it was the best thing - their pain is unbearable. Bless you for helping Pyro to join his grey cousins. He will always be greytful for that.

Hugs....

Mary in Houston

Everyone has a photographic memory, but not everyone has film.

LAND OF THE FREE BECAUSE OF THE BRAVE