WFUBCC #231 - Dog Days of Summer

I hab been out in the yard wifout my lecter :gmark almost all morning helping Ma by wandering about, sniffing stuff, and, you know, just habing her back whilst she werked.  She decided to try to hab lunch and then see if she can manage a bit more to get both beds finished.

I'm sorry to complain so much about the computer issues.  It will all be fine...I will spend Saturday getting it set up the way I like it and hope that the unwanted reimage fixes the issues. Kerry, you reminded me how much easier my own home laptop is to set up than some of those at work.  :lol  I used to dread when the comptroller's laptop had to be replaced since she needed 2 really finicky pieces of software installed.  Mine won't be that bad, thank goodness.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Cloudings and we're sposed to have showerings around mid of the day.  Most importantly, it's getting down into the 50s at nite!!!  Which means it's nice and cool in the mornings!!

Huh.  Ushually an old Club will stikk around if it doesn't make it to 50 pages.  :dunno  

:confetti  Happy Gotcha Day Senor Zorro!!!  :confetti  

Mister Charlie, I am of the same opinyum - that your bruther would not have done as good without your gentle guidance throo the years!!  ;)  I have to admit, I musta missed the postie about the Mickey Mouse truck, too.  :dunno  

Neether me or Flizzie are stuffy throwers.  Flizz will pounce and chomp, whilst *I* am more of a shaker.

Miss Ducky!!  When was the last time you were at the pond???  I bet Flashy had a great time walking there!!

Miss Loosy, is that "reimaging" something like a factory reset??  I never hearded that before.  But Momma says she would be very mad too!!!  Sorry!  :kiss2   

Miss Wiki!!!  Lookit you with your elf on a shelf!!!  :haha   Momma says it's the time of year when all we wanna do is lay around, so maybe you got the Awgust Blooz too???  

Miss Kerry Momma says she has NOT heard about that Zelenka dood of Broque moosik (isn't that the name of that leeder of the YooKraines???).  But she was not really into that style when she was singing.  She was more into 19th and 20th century composers.  But she does like to lissen to that style sometimes.

Mister Lupin, I do NOT think that's very nice of Miss Kerry to make fun of a normill fizikal reakshun to walking a lot!!!!  :shakefinger You are not dim looking!!!  :shakefinger 

Miss Cindy, Momma says those begonias have toobers the same as the colocasias you got, so you can treat them the same way OR you can cut off the tops and protect outside OR you can try doing cuttings.  I bet you will be really happy to have your offiss all done, and then get the screen porch done too.  Momma wishes we hadded a screen porch so she could sit outside at nite and not get eaten alive by skeeters and other bugs!!!!  :lol   Last nite the peepers were so LOOUUD when we went for last outs Momma wasn't sure we would hear her!!!  :lol  

Miss Lizabeth didja do your volunteer day yesserday???

Hey!!!  Miss Carol Ann!!!  We sawed on the FB that today, 10 years ago, you becomed a Grandma!!!  :yay  

Miss RE Carol, you're probly already done getting those cats tooken out of your eyeballs :coastie  but we were baknforfing for you for a little while before brekkie.  Then we had to take a nap afferwurds!!

I was *sposed* to go to the vetamarian today, but the cleaner ladies texted and said they were coming today.  And Momma says we need cleaning a lot more than *I* need to go to the vet, so she reskedooled my appoinkmint.  <_<  Somehow *I* think I got the short end of this dilemma, but then again, maybe not!!!  Now I'm going in two weeks from today.  And the cleaner ladies will be here around noon!

Momma says she was awake in the nite with bad belly aching, so I can foresee some serious napping time for her later on today!!  We always have napping time so there's nothing differnt there!!  :rolleyes:  

Wishings for a therapeutikal Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Miss RE Carol, we hope yu got rid ub doze cats OK owt ub yur eyes.  

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Cindy, between now and January when your computer's warranty expires, you can do yourself a favour by going to Lenovo's support page, entering your laptop's serial number in the field you see on that page, and hitting enter. This will generate a list of any driver updates you may need, any firmware updates, etc. Anything highlighted as important or critical or recommended should be installed. At work we use Dell, and I encourage all our staff and faculty to install Dell SupportAssist on their computers so that they are notified when new updates for their system become available (to be clear, these are manufacturer's updates, not Windows updates - although those should be run regularly too).  You can prevent issues by, among other things, keeping your system up to date. Ok, I'm starting to bore even myself with this talk ca1a20_a1e3e64515ca43819ea1f85f008b85a7~, so I'll shut up now. 

Those plants look amaaaazing! :wow  Wow. Why can't I grow plants like that? :crying 

I forgot to bring in my card for Carol this morning and at lunchtime, so I will have to post it tomorrow. Ducky, thanks again for all your work on this. 

2 hours ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

I know my Momma wuld habs NO IDEA whot to do wif the computer if she had to do trubbleshooting! 

Not true, you would come here and we would help you :kiss2 

AndiPants is going to haff a reely cleen house tooday! :yay 

Ware's Miss Jennie? Yoo dare Miss Jennie? 

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Summer is doing just fine. i ordered her some cbd which worked great for Myka when her back end was stiff. I'm hopeful it will help Summer be more comfortable too. 

Edited by Jenbo
  • Like 3

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Yes today is our oldest grandchild's 10th.birthday! How the years have flown by. For the past four years we have had a birthday party at our house for the girls on their actual birthday. Mom and Dad have a huge party at their house on the weekend in between the two birthdays since the kids are only 18 days  apart. This year Lilly wanted a 'piggy' theme party! She loves pigs and always wears a piggy ear hairband. Here is a couple of the photos of what I came up with! As you can see, we are going to have an 'oinking' good time!

456462561_10228182252436203_230552621781456426018_10228182252556206_647210228332

• Like 5

gallery_9381_2904_4242.jpg

Molly Weasley Carpenter-Caro - 6 Year Old Standard Poodle.

Gizzy, Specky, Riley Roo & Lady - Our beloved Greyhounds waiting at the Rainbow Bridge.

Fanks fer the noo Club, Andi.  Mom shure likes the pomes you are putting up.

Happyest 7th Gotcha Day, Zorro mi corazon!  :beatheart  You are bery smart as well as plusalso muy guapo to frow fings wiff such ackooracy.  :nod

Wiki, we like yer pics!

An si, we like the pigs too!

I hab bin gettin moore walks cawse it isnt so hot.  My doc sez I mite like it, an I do.  Dad finks I am sleepin bedder.

Angie

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Miss Carol Ann, those piggy decorashuns are soooo kewt! 

• Like 1

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

I texted Sherrie to see how she's doing and she's good nut the neuropathy in her hands makes it hard to type. She said to tell everyone hello from her and Tiller. 

• Like 5

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

Love those piggies  :)

:confetti    Zorro

:lol    Elf on a Shelf.     Joshi is also a flinger of stuffies.  And balls. But I don't think any have landed on tables.

:thumbs-up   Angie.  Glad to hear you're sleeping a bit better.  Prolly 'cause it's cooler.

So sorry about your computer troubles, Lucy.   know nothing about these Lenovo computers.  Except I'm glad I don't have one!   My current one is a Dell.   Guess I should pay attention to any update notifications....

Kerry! Are we to assume that Lupin is no longer limping? 

Hmmmm Andi!  Does your Vet not charge you a cancellation fee if you cancel on such short notice?  I think we would get charged.

I popped a card to Carol in the mail today.  Directly into the box at the local post office which should be quicker than the group box on my road  :goodluck

I had a nice ride and a delightful paddle today.  And sweet potato fries.

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

I think G might have a corn/corn-like growth on his right hind foot. I gently touched it, he didn't react, and he still wants walkies--any kind of treatment would be a no-go due to his reactivity, he would have to be fully sedated for hulling. We are just getting to the point where the rehab vet can touch his feet, and he does tolerate the once a month nail trim on Librela days, but I'm afraid if we start messing with a painful spot, he'll regress and won't trust anyone.:(

• Sad 4

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Carol Ann 10, it went so quickly.  Tell her Happy Birthday & we like her piggies

Ever body enjoyyour evening

Sweet dreams, Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Ware's Miss Jennie? Yoo dare Miss Jennie?      YUP! I sent you a post on behalf of my Gimme pigs butt that previous forum just winked right out of existence.

Miss Jennie

• Like 1

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Ok my Friendlies!   Flizzie's been limping really bad all day.  Momma thinks she just overdid the zooming and skwerril chasing yesserday, and has dosed her up really good.  She's acting ok and gobbled up herown dinner, and wented outside affer and did herown bizzness.  So we're gonna see how she is in the morning.  If I'm not rite here making a postie Friedday morning it probly means she had to go to the urgent care. 

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Fizzie, :goodluck It was just too much chasing.  Journey and I will backnforth for you overnight and keep good thoughts.  Your moma does not need more excitement she needs lots of houndie snuggles and good girls.  

:coffee Good morning!

Flizzie, I hope it’s just from all your zoomies and skwerrel chasing and hope you feel better today!

Habs a gud Friday eberywon!

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

17 hours ago, greysmom said:

Miss Lizabeth didja do your volunteer day yesserday???

I sure did.  It was a buy day.  I'm usually alone in the kitchen on Thursdays as the cook is at the other campus.  This week, though, she's in Cancun for her 50th birthday.  I had to accept the shipment (which always comes just as I'm serving lunch).  I asked the delivery person to keep an eye out for a box of frozen beef patties.  I had to put them onto sheet pans and leave the in the fridge for tomorrow's lunch.  I also made a peanut butter cheesecake and two 9 x 12 cakes. They've hired a new cook for this campus so soon, I won't be alone on Thursdays.  I think I'm going to be a little jealous. :blush

Such wild stuffy throwing!!   I know that Jupe has enjoyed his "meatballs"  (kibble is a necessity of life left until he's really really hungry) when he has a 30 second play/squeak session with a stuffy.  Last night, it was is squirrel Mac Adamia.

The piggy party looks adorable. I have to wonder what kind of meat you were eating IFYWIM. ;)

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Back’n’Forth for FLizzie   :coffee

Another cool morning but it is supposed to warm up nicely. 

I will be off to ride. Or we might do some ground work over poles.  

Then I have to work the Desk from 1-7.  It is knot bizzy and my book is already packed :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Backnforfbacknforfbacknforf for Flizzie this morning.

Woke up early and took an early walk in my neighborhood. Nice and cool out. My wonky knee was not happy though. The pavement is graded in a slope to facilitate draining to the street gutters so much of the time I just walked in the center of the road.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Rita the podenco maneta, Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

TGIF! Mom iz off to werk tuday. It iz weirdly cool, which means da a/c will be cranked and she will be chilly.

AND NO LIMPING! I mean it!:angry:

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

It's still early early for Miss Chris.  Hopefully, she'll check in soon. :goodluck

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Miss Carol Ann, Lilly's pig balloons are SO cute!  Ma and Auntie Ann think that is a great on-theme choice. :yay  So, what does Miss Olivia want as the theme for her birfday?!  A bunch ob inkwiring minds wanna know!

Angie and Kiva, we're really enjoying a respite from the heat here too.  It's just been in the 80s and I spent lots and lots ob time out in the yard yesterday and did knot get panty and oberheated.  We're gonna get warmer here again next week, butt this first taste ob fall is a delight.gallery_15587_3010_850.gif

Summer, I'm glad you're feeling all better. :kiss2  Miss Jen, that's good and bad news about Miss Sherrie.  I'm glad she's doing well butt dat neuropathy in her hands sounds worrisome and inconvenient.   Miss Sherrie and Tiller, we lub you! image.gif.bab15f736c67d85bbc10f059d9df72ae.gif

I'm knot a stuffy flinger, though I do play wif 'em now and then.  Ma flings wee mousie toys for Tinker to retrieve.  Does that count?

Gino, I'm sorry it looks like you might be a corn dog. image.gif.e36210bf06390ad148cf258d0b477fee.gif  I do knot hab them things butt Spirit and Ma told me about how hard they were to manage comfortably for poor MoMo.  Too bad for houndies like us--Mean Gine and Cujo types--'cuz we make helping us extra hard for those who lub us. :kiss2

Flizzie :eek  I hope you are gonna bee all better wif farmaceuticals and rest. :grouphug 

Miss Elizabeth, what a gift your cooking and baking are to those boys. :wub:

So, I'm gonna start my backandforth and backandforth for poor Flizzie. 

Ma's computer arrived yesterday, a day earlier than expected.  :sowhat  Auntie Ann is gonna go to the grocery store and Ma is gonna start the slog ob getting the computer set up.  Then there is a customer appreciation event at the gym and Ma's weekly hour wif the trainer. :D 

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.