NATIONAL FRENCH FRY DAY THIS FRIDAY!!!!!

Our annual National French Fry Day celebration in honor of Rocket- who lubbed him some french fries:beatheartis fast approaching.  There's time to score some at the grocery or if fresh is the way to go -AND FREE AS WELL!!!!!!- check out this article: https://www.msn.com/en-us/foodanddrink/foodnews/waffle-crinkle-or-fully-loaded-heres-where-to-get-national-french-fry-day-freebies-specials/ar-BB1pG8nv?ocid=socialshare

frenchfries.webp

When is National French Fry Day?

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

National French Fry Day used to be celebrated on July 13 every year but, as of 2023, it now occurs on the second Friday in July. In 2024, that falls on July 12.

• Like 4

FREE FRIES FOR A YEAR CONTEST:

Checkers & Rally's free fries

Checkers & Rally’s customers can get a free regular size Fully Loaded Fries, topped with cheese, ranch and crispy bacon, with any purchase in the rewards app July 12-14.

Also through July 12, customers can win a Fully Loaded Fry Pass that includes free Fully Loaded Fries for a year.  One hundred winners. To enter, visit frygiveaway.com.

8 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Gracie and Mark are training hard for this event! 

Are you planning to just cook the fries on the walkway at home? 🥵 

• Haha 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

22 minutes ago, FiveRoooooers said:

We just leave 'em on the hood of the car. 

• Haha 2
rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

19 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Gracie and Mark are training hard for this event! 

I'll bet they are! I was wondering did Rocket, being a french fry connoisseur, have a favorite kind of french fry? like a certain store or maybe curly fries vs regular fries etc  :food

11 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

:rotfl

4 hours ago, racindog said:

I'll bet they are! I was wondering did Rocket, being a french fry connoisseur, have a favorite kind of french fry? like a certain store or maybe curly fries vs regular fries etc  :food

:rotfl

Rocket liked all fries but I think his favorite was probably McDpnalds fries.  One night I had a meeting to attend and came home afterward with McDonalds for dinner for the first time since his arrival at our house. He was sound asleep in the bedroom and the smell of fries brought him running and drooling. He would not leave me alone. He obviously knew the smell of french fries. :lol

• Haha 1

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I may need to move a standing fan into the kitchen whilst the oven is on but by golly we will have fries today :chow

• Like 2

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Ivy and Cherry had their fries and they were very happy!   :chow 

gallery_22163_3545_11448.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gracie got her fries...

OsgTzE9.jpg

And then there's Mark. He's special....

vD9RL2Z.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gracie :wub:

Mark :lol (:wub:)

Rocket :heart

Fries were had here as well! 

• Like 1

And a good time was had by all!!!!:confetti   

Thanks to everyone for participating! :balloonparty Remembering our houndies that have crossed over means a lot to me. :heartAs far as I am concerned they will always be a part of Greytalk, :wubsite

Never forgotten!!! :love2

:ghplaybowAnd Rocket I agree with you-Mickey D's are the best. :chow I loved hearing about how you TRACKED toot sweet those McDonald's fries your mom brought home like that.  Sounds like you had a little detection dog in you cause instantly your nose clearly identified the odor and knew exactly what to do- find it! :inlove

50 minutes ago, racindog said:

And a good time was had by all!!!!:confetti   

Thanks to everyone for participating! :balloonparty Remembering our houndies that have crossed over means a lot to me. :heartAs far as I am concerned they will always be a part of Greytalk, :wubsite

Never forgotten!!! :love2

:ghplaybowAnd Rocket I agree with you-Mickey D's are the best. :chow I loved hearing about how you TRACKED toot sweet those McDonald's fries your mom brought home like that.  Sounds like you had a little detection dog in you cause instantly your nose clearly identified the odor and knew exactly what to do- find it! :inlove

I miss that boy. He was 24/7 comic relief. 

One more of Mark. It's an "action shot." :lol

gnygZaW.jpg

• Haha 5

On 7/13/2024 at 12:31 PM, Time4ANap said:

I miss that boy. He was 24/7 comic relief. 

One more of Mark. It's an "action shot." :lol

gnygZaW.jpg

LOVE!!!!!!!!! Mark's ACTION!!! shot!!!!!

And you know even though I was only able to meet Rocket through pics I picked up on the 'comic relief' aspect of his personality as well! :beatheart