It’s me…Big Papi…on Fenway’s opening day

It’s not baseball season until a home run has been hit over the green monster.

This year was a special one celebrating the 20th (!!!) anniversary of the curse reversing 2004 team. Best group of idiots to ever take the field together. And extra special in honoring knuckle baller Tim Wakefield and his wife Stacey who both were taken too young and passed of cancer in the last six months. 
If not for this team, my late hound Fenway wouldn’t have gotten his name and neither would late Tessie or sweet Lil Poppy/Papi. 

See…twins! 

E957E19F-CA90-47EE-89E0-A5BB78EEFA34

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Poppy the lurcher 11/24/23
Gabby the Airedale 7/1/18
Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

I love everything about this thread! 2004 was without doubt the best group of idiots to ever grace (?) (lol) a ball field! 

Lil Poppy, Big Papi would be proud, you should message him! Just watch your language, little girl - we know whose city it is ;)

Poppy :beatheart

• Like 1

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

I love everything about this thread! 2004 was without doubt the best group of idiots to ever grace (?) (lol) a ball field! 

Lil Poppy, Big Papi would be proud, you should message him! Just watch your language, little girl - we know whose city it is ;)

Poppy :beatheart

I always imagined my Fenway pup in their locker room with them. He was the dog who never really grew up, a perpetual puppy, and who had the best dah of his life nearly every day. He was always so happy. He would have fit right in with that team. 

And great idea to message the big guy. I might just do that. I hope he stays in tow for the next week and attends the game on Marathon Monday. Cuz we know whose city this is! 

• Like 1

Forever missing Grace (RT's Grace), Fenway (not registered, def a greyhound), Jackson (airedale terrier, honorary greyhound), and Tessie (PK's Cat Island)

Lil Poppy is too cute!  She wears her swag well.  Can you find her a cap that fits?

If not for this team, my late hound Fenway wouldn’t have gotten his name and neither would late Tessie or sweet Lil Poppy/Papi.

Confessing ignorance -- how does the name Tessie connect to the Red Sox?

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Posted (edited)

Ha! I wonder if there’s an infant hat that would work. I’ll have to look. 

Tessie is the title of a song by the Dropkick Murphy’s that they play at the end of every game at Fenway. 

It’s also the name of the adorable female mascot, her big brother is Wally (the green monster) 

https://www.mlb.com/redsox/fans/mascots/about-tessie

D53272D6-A400-4DDE-96D8-EB3ED4CD3241

Edited by gracegirl

I confess to missing all the baseball references, but I love Poppy's swag and her beautiful eyes are almost as big as sunglass lenses. :beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

1 hour ago, ScootersMom said:

Oh, I like Dropkick Murphys.

Shipping Up To Boston is my fave song of theirs.

Yes! They are a great band. It brings me right back to my days living in Charlestown and drinking pints of Sam Adams at the Warren Tavern. 

• Like 1