Its frosty pepper up my nose.

Black are my steps on silver sod;
Thick blows my frosty breath abroad;
And tree and house, and hill and lake,
Are frosted like a wedding cake.

Remember the Houndie Rules:

1 - No see, no sky, no pee

And the important one for winter:

2 -  If you see (or are standing in) snow, let it go!!

And the Humin Rules:

1 - No politicking ever!!!!  :shakefinger 

We celebrate our Friendlies joys and we support them when they're sad.  Wishings for healing riteawaykwik for any hoomin or houndie that needs it.  We are there for our Friendlies whatever the problem and however we can help.

Welcomings to all our Lurkers, Club Members, New Posters, and any body else that has something to contribute to the fun!  

Friendlies Fru Fik & Fin!!

Later Gaters!!

:banana   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

We are here and we will be back in the morning to post some snax. Any requests?

Love ☀️:rivethead & Jenbo 

We get Incentive wines based on membership sales for the previous year. My wines are arriving Friday. Other wines given to is during the year are 'first offs' which are bottles first off the bottling line which may or may not be up to our winery standards. But free wine is *always* welcome 

my bro, his gf, and my stepsister will be here Friday so the wines are just in time

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

HERE! HERE! We are heer for da noo Club.

Sum nice muffins wuld hit da spot (or spots, iffn you gots moar dan one!)

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

I feel like some Keesh Miss Jenn!!

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

Gud morning inna nyuu Club. Fanks AndyPandy.

Looking jusst a bit grey and damp owt ther atta momint.

Nutmeg, expecting a waak this morning.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:coffee Good morning!

Thanks for the noo Club and the pome too Miss Chris and AndiPants!

Miss Jenbo, how about some chili for snax?

Ivy 

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

:coffee  Jupiter whined all night long. ca1a20_f420397bf4e54ea0b86be33ecbf49f45~  Richard took him for last outs at 8:30.  I took him out at 11 (pee), 12:30 (pee), 3:30 (nothing), 5:30 (poop) and he came in and still whined.  Water dishes full, ear rubbies administered, no snacks missed. :dunno

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Ice Ice Ice   :coffee     Ice Ice Ice

Thanks for the noo club.   Love that poem. :)

And I’m glad Chris is doing OK. 

Jupe!  What’s going on!?!

Hope Kerrys eye is OK…I’ve had scratched eyes from hay and it hurts like he//.  Best to not wait to seek treatment. 

Poor Jim  :(

The ice won’t melt soon as temps remain below freezing for most of the day :(  

School buses are cancelled again today.  The main highways are apparently pretty good but secondary roads are knot.  I salted the back step and dog paths last night and again this morning, so they’re not too bad.  I had to take a hammer to the yard gate in order to open the latch.  Thank goodness for my boot cleats!  Home ponies are still inside and ill access footing when its light out.  There’s enough snow under the ice that they should be fine.  I have lots of sand/salt mix for bad areas near the gates.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Momma and I were almost killed ded this morning!   We were attaked by a block ob ICE!   Ivy is right.   We were outside in the dark for her morning potty break before breakfast and as we were walking back to the house I heard a loud rumble and a huge block of ice fell from the roof and may have just barely grazed her and just missed me.   When I saw it in the daylight it was a triangular piece of ice about 6 inches across at its widest point and at least 12 -14 inches long, with a few big icicles that broke off when it fell.  Thank DoG it didn't hit us because it would have really caused an injury.  

Ivy and Miss Kathy, greytful to be uninjoored! 

Edited by Potomacpupsmom
  • Sad 1

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Gud affer sum rain but gloomy and warm Thorsday! Ice iz da wurst, it belongs in da freezer, nawt on da roof.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Let's see.  I the old Club we have thawing, and melting, DNA testing, Miss Chris got probed :kiss2 ,Wiki got Walkied.  Lupin socked Miss Kerry in the eyeball. Ouch. Miss Kerry took on a hard job and updated her lubly siggy. :kiss2 Poor Mister Jim had a long day at the dentist.  :grouphug  Miss Jen and Miss Halise are making big batches ob soup. :chow   Plus, the doctors kept Miss Chris waiting for 4 hours. :angry: 

AndiPants and Miss Chris, thank you for the brand spanking new Club!  And what a fun poem to start us off with.  

Charlie is FIRST!!

Miss Jen is gonna bring us some snacks.  Could we please hab some nice hot things to drink to take the chill off?  You are such a wonderful provider for us and I am so grateful.

Incentive wines and those nice first off the line bottles are great rewards for winery employees.  :yay
Let's see.  Ma werked for an aluminum rolling mill years ago and she could purchase what they called "employee foil", which was really heavy aluminum foil.  Somehow the privilege ob buying aluminum foil is just knot in the same league as getting Incentive wine for a job well done. :lol:

Nutmeg, you are getting rained on like I am.  It rained on me yesterday and it's doing it again today and probably Friday and Saturday too.  <_<  Still, Ma read in the news here that storms are heading to Real England.  Stay safe. :kiss2

Jupiter, what are you wanting?  Inkwiring minds wanna know.

:eek  Miss Kathy and Ivy escaped Killer Ice by the hairs on Ivy's chinny chin chin. :grouphug  Thank goodness you are bof OK.

Miss Chris, I'm glad you are home at last.  Owr hearts are all wif you as you await results. :kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Whew, Miss Kathy and Ivy, thank Dog the ice missed you!

Somehow the privilege ob buying aluminum foil is just knot in the same league as getting Incentive wine for a job well done.    Oh, I don't know ... I'd like that foil!

Miss Jennie

large.Luna-siggy2.jpg.680c6a7875af13e962feb80ca4d0cfb7.jpg

Jennie with her hedgehogs and Guinea pigs, and remembering Luna, Queen of the Piggies

Gud Morning!  

We mist da lass page ub da ole club!

Fanks, Andipants fur da NOO club and da pome.

Oh, Miss Kaffy an Ivy...yu cud habz been greebuslee injured!

Mam - it iz icee heer an mama sez dat anywun who habz a horsee noze juss how bad dat can be.

Nutmeg, enjoy yur walkie!

Back to convincing daddy to gibz me moor treets...

FancyToo

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Dare's hard, hard ice and snice eberyware! :crying Did mornink's walk woz horrible. Me futsies did KNOT enjoy it. Luckily dare woz a delayed openink, butt Mummy is in a bery bery bad mood today because people are selfish and inconsiderate and she is tired ob doing IT support. 

Plusalso her payshints is at an all-time low wiff peepuls. Ebery day she is moor irritated. Sounds to me like she needs to switch to gardenink or sumfink! 

I halp wiff da stress by waking her up wiff moor nek kisses :wub:  and another little paw slap on da eggsact same eyeball as yesterday :blush 

Jupe! Fren! Wot's going on?? Why yoo whinink? Talk to us! 

Mummy's eyeball is fine and dandy today, fank roo fur all da suggestshuns! :) 

Waitink to heer Miss Chris's report on her long, long day yesserday! 

Wags to all fur now,

Lupin

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

all items below are vegan or vegamaterian, eben the ones that don't look like it. 

Article-header-Tea-vs-Coffee.jpg?v=16485

vegan-ramen-in-bowl-square-crop.jpg

vegan-chicken-noodle-soup-7-of-9-500x500

japanese-udon-noodle-soup-3377950-hero-i

Tofu-noodle-soup_1.jpg

Arla_Corn_Bread_082.jpg

cornbread-beef-bake-112016-58278fac5f9b5

vegan-cornbread-casserole-2.jpg

Espresso-Chocolate-Lava-Cake-with-Carame

Apple-Pie-square.jpg

frp44_sq.jpg

seaauadqwkodueor4yfs.jpg

hot-cranberry-apple-cider-2-of-13.jpg

sous-vide-hot-buttered-rum.jpg?163554320

hot-buttered-rum-with-cider-paleo.jpg

Camp Broodie with tuxedo Summer 12 and tuxedo Dio 6

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016, Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020, and Saint YellBoy 2014-2020

:wave

Thanks for the new Club, Miss Chris.  Hope you are feeling OK after all the prodding.  Thanks also for the Stevenson poem.  It made me think of Frost's "Goodbye and Keep Cold".  

Miss O!C Nancy, hope your icysnow melts soon.  We are gray and dismal again today with rain showers.  But . . . it's above freezing and most of the snow has melted away.  Weatherman is still saying in the mid-50s for tomorrow.  

Miss Kathy and Ivy PrettyEars, that is ascary about the ice.  Glad it missed you!

Wonderful snax and drinks, Miss Jen.  BBL for a second round, after I do some accounting and make a trip to the post office.

Miss Noo Carol

Thanks for the new club Miss Chris! And thank you miss Jenbo for the scrumptious snacks! I’ll have to try the hot drinks with the cinnamon sticks! 
It’s 51F here and all of the snow in my yard has turned into soft squishy dead grass! CK would be up to his ankles in it. Hope everyone is happy and healthy! 
Miss Halise 

Aljo Atomic Kogo and DC Man of Steal

Oh boy, I lubs that pome!

And Nate did a great job of recap of club activities! :thumbs-up

A job wiff free wine sounds pritty good. Mistress would take the foil too, oh wait, the foil wasn’t free. :angry:

Jupe, what’s rong buddy? Whinin in the nite makes the hoomans crabby. I know from first hand hexperients.

Ivy! How skary! I’m glad you weren’t clobbered!

Poor Miss Mam is back in the ice.

Lupin’s in the ice too. Why you bashin Mummy wiff your pawpaw? Mite I suggested a snoot boop to the eyeball instead? It has the same effect but far lesser chance of impaktin your walkies on accounta blindness.

I had a great Wiki walkie! Rains are supposta come tonite hopefully it stays warm so we don’t end up in the ice too.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Nom, Nom, Nom.....

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

58 minutes ago, Jenbo said:

Tofu-noodle-soup_1.jpg

Oh emm gee ca1a20_efc8a056a43c4c5c879f4310b86cf7ff~   ca1a20_aecc22892a424df9a361dd02333bcea8~  <salivates copiously>  

I am having a really bad, no good, horrible day and this comforting noodle soup is exactly what I need... guess what I'll be having for dinner tonight :chow  

Ivy and Kathy! :yikes That's scary :unsure Thank goodness you're ok. 

January and February are the worst months of the year and I can't wait for them to be done. I'm so done and just don't want to be conscious right now. I feel constantly overwhelmed by busyness, overstimulated by noise, light, and activity around me. :( I have my annual physical in a week, so I guess I will bring it up with my doctor. 

Lupin only peed a little this morning, and only peed once on the longer walk I took him on at lunchtime before heading into work, so not expecting a clean belly band when I get home. 

Sorry for venting... I don't know what's wrong with me, I am incredibly fortunate to have Lupin, a roof over my head, a job, friends... 

• Sad 2

large.sig-2024.jpg.80c0d3c049975de29abb0

Kerry with Lupin in beautiful coastal Maine. Missing Pippin, my best friend and sweet little heart-healer :brokenheart 2013-2023 :brokenheart 
Also missing the best wizard in the world, Merlin, and my sweet 80lb limpet, Sagan, every single day. 

Hello my Friendlies!!

Just a couppla showerings here today, so mostly dry all day.  And super warm in the 50s!!  Tamarrow we are getting aNUTHer "Pineapple Express" rain storming from the Hawayee place for two and a haff days!!!  :eek  Everything is already muddy and sqwishy and kinda rotten smelling so we are not really looking forward to more wetness!!

Thanks for the great snakkings Miss Jenn!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Nutmeg it's always really inneresting to follow a storm all the way from us acrosst the YuuEssAyy and alla our Friendlies and then all the way over the oshun to your house!!!  Stay dry and have a nice walkie today!!

Let's see... free wines or not free foil???  :dunno  I don't see an upside for a houndie in that.  <_< 

Miss FancyToo the old Club was still hanging around when I came to GT this morning so you can ketch the end of it!!

Mister Lupin I think maybe reconsidering the eye bashing is probly the way to go!!  Miss Kerry, Momma says to redjoose the MPs in your new siggie in the Photoshoppy thing.  She forgets how but she used to hafta do it for alla her siggies that she maded.  Something about "save for the web" or something like that.  Feel more betterer soon!!  :kiss2 

Miss Ivy and Miss Kathy almost got bonked on the heads with falling ice!!!  :eek 

Glad that plummer dood comed early to your house Miss Ducky!!!  :)   Sorry yours didn't come at all Miss Noo Carol!!  :( 

MIster Jupiter, what's going on, dood???  :dunno  I mean, I whine a lot, but I ushually want a treet or some fuds or for Momma to move Flizzie off my couch.  Tell Miss Lizabeth what you want!!

Mam, we're sorry you gots ice all over!!  That stuff is the WORSTEST ever!!!  :bugeye 

Flizzie didn't get any brekkie this morning cause she's barfed a couppla times and is just feeling nauseous and punky.  Momma thotted at first that she hurted herownseff on the ice last week, but she's not limping or nothing and moving normill.  She hasn't wanted to eat nuthing essept treatos.  Momma will see how she does and maybe make a poinkmint for her just in case.

OK.  Here's Momma to tell you about her day yesserday.  :rolleyes: 

So this was a rescheduling of the same test from 12/1 - which was right after Dennis came home from the hospital/SNF.  It was to look for uterine cancer due to some symptoms I had earlier in September.  I told my GP who freaked out, then the OBGYN I saw who freaked out.  Both said I had to do this test as soon as possible.  :dunno  Not to get too graphic, but it involved putting in a camera and checking for tumors or polyps, and then basically cleaning every out and sending it to the lab to check for cancer.  :rolleyes: 

I had to have someone drive me and wait around to drive me home, but I wouldn't be able to know when I needed to be at the hospital until the DAY BEFORE!!!  :bugeye  Fortunately I have some good and flexible friends!!  And I was actually really glad to have the early procedure time - 9am - vs something later, so I could get it done and over with and back home!!  But I got there and checked in and they kept putting me off and putting me off due to people taking longer before me!!!  So I didn't get taken back until 11:30am!!!  I did have a nice nap before hand under the hot air blanket, trying to make up for the fact I had to get out of bed at 5 in the morning to get there on time!!  The procedure itself was on 45 minutes long, and I woke up from the sedation pretty quickly, so we were home before 2pm and the dogs a bit later.

Official results coming in 3-4 days, but the doctor said she saw nothing concerning.  I'm still a bit sore and pretty tired today.  It was just an aggravating thing to get through, though I'm greatful to learn I don't have cancer!!

It was fun to go to see our friendlies yesserday, but like Mister Nate says - home is best!!  Today I think Momma is just gonna order lutsch delivery.  Plus also I think we're getting some groshrees that we couldn't get earlier.  We'll just be napping, and hoping Flizzie feels more betterer.

Wishings for a thankfull Thirdsday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Ivy! :yikes  I’m so glad you and your momma are o.k.

I, for one, would be happy to buy good quality foil. :nod 

Ooh! Noodles! Just what I wanted. Thanks.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Momma to Jupiter.  Mummy to my Bridge Angels, Mercury and Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Miss Kerry   :grouphug 

When Momma wuz still working, she did knot mind January cuz they always had a ski vacation for a week in the middle ob January.   But February wuz a bery depressing month.  She wuz glad it wuz only 28 days long!  But this year it is 29 days long!!!   Whot is wif that?  Oh.  Momma says it is something called a leap year that comes once ebery 4 years.    ca1a20_d0db0b16b9ec4dafaf109a3839f7358a~   

It is ThirstDay ebberbuiddy!  It has been above freezing sints last nite and almost all of our snow is gone.  Insted of 12 intches of snow, we have 3 intches of MUD.  BossLady isn't to thrilled because it is very hard to tell mud apart from thawed poop.  

We hope Miss Chris is okay and the results will be okay, too.

BossLady gotted her cornea sliced by a toddler fingernail years ago.  She still winches when she thinks about that.  SO PAINFUL and a slice takes forever to heal.  Glad your eyeball is okay, Miss Kerry!  And please vent away in this safe space.  BossLady is prolly gonna do a lot moor venting over the next couple months while we settle into anudder new normal.  

Ice sux.  That is awl. 

I habs a funny story!  Me and Zeke got our toes chopped a liddle while ago.  Paricita (liddle parasite and mini-Paris :rofl Faith is SO MUCH like Paris it is scary.  :brushteeth asked BossLady if she beleebed in reincarnation last nite :lol:  Ennyway, she wud not leeb us alone while we were juss literally hanging owt, chillaxing with our peenut budder muzzle while getting our toes buzzed.  She was so awl over it, she gotted herself crated.  Then, when we were dun, they put her in the sling, wich is way too big for her and she lukked like one of those hobbyhorses outside a grocery store from back in the day!  Ennyway, they held sum peenut budder to her face and supported her under her tummy and BossLady buzzed her toes, too!  Easy peasy!  Faith was perfectly fine with it - awkward position and all.  And lemme tell you, those puppy nails grow fast.  Unfortunately, the eggsperince did not tire her out one liddle bit.  She is still flying around heer like a lunatic.  She just had lunch and I hope she naps.  It is rainy heer and walkies look bleak. 

The poem was a nice touch, Miss Chris!  Me and Zeke could certainly use sum culture these days!  

BossLady absolutely LOATHES February.  It is the longest month of the yeer and this yeer it is a whole day longer!  Of course last yeer, they went to the Caribbean to get away from the dank, dark, wet and yuck, and that is when her mom died.  February is not gaining any popularity heer.  

Grate snacks!  Tummytoe soup is on the menu tonite for the two-leggers.  So easy to make and much, much bedder than from a can.  Plus, she can make it withowt dairy.  

Sigh.  I just saw a wooden spoon run by.  Gotta go! 

Angus :gh_runner 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow