The Portrait of a Lady

I have a tradition of buying or making portraits of my pets—not commissioned pieces, just art that reminds me of them. Willa's arrived this weekend. Nailed it! :rofl 

52917618118_1d9fa2fc8c_z.jpg

Here's Doolin's (no side by side, but trust me that this is a view I see often over the kitchen counter).

52917593715_f8f063feae_z.jpg

And the girly who started it all. :beatheart 

52917607305_395dfdabf9.jpg

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

They are all great!

I have a painting that represents Lila. I do need to find something that captures the spirit of Wiki. :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

4 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

I have a painting that represents Lila. I do need to find something that captures the spirit of Wiki. :ph34r

I should have credited the artists so you can look:

AlmostAnAngel66 (Sweep's)

Dawn Barker (Willa's)

JulieBrunnArt (Doolin's)

These Etsy shops are great too:

AmySpittleArt (A close runner-up for Doolin's)

SaarikoskiArt 

TanjaOnTheWall

Happy spending shopping! 

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly

Somehow, our house looks like the vendor hall at a greyhound event. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

What a great idea!

Love the "portraits." :beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

Nailed it is right -- all of them!   Thanks for adding the links.  

I have a camera pic of Milo in the same pose as Doolin.  

Secret yearning -- portrait of a hound with one of those madly pleated/ruffled human Elizabethan collars on.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

11 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Secret yearning -- portrait of a hound with one of those madly pleated/ruffled human Elizabethan collars on.  

Check out ToadBriar on Etsy. I don't see it now, but I would swear they have had one before.

ETA: Found one, and they're even in the US! https://www.etsy.com/listing/71062541/greyhound-dog-portrait-print-dog-art

Edited by ramonaghan

You have a great eye for pics (and hounds)! :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

19 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

I should have credited the artists so you can look:

AlmostAnAngel66 (Sweep's)

Dawn Barker (Willa's)

JulieBrunnArt (Doolin's)

These Etsy shops are great too:

AmySpittleArt (A close runner-up for Doolin's)

SaarikoskiArt 

TanjaOnTheWall

Happy spending shopping! 

Thanks!  I bought something. :blush :lol:

Lila Football

26 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

Don't leave us hanging! :ph34r

https://www.etsy.com/listing/560640024/black-greyhound-greyhound-art-black?click_key=c728abbf91210e4cddb117e935ded255c9740b7e%3A560640024&click_sum=9fed4010&ref=as_recently_viewed-1&frs=1

I misread where it was coming from as NH (New Hampshire) but it's really NL (Netherlands). :lol:  But shipping was free and it's already on the way.

Lila Football

1 minute ago, Jerilyn said:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/560640024/black-greyhound-greyhound-art-black?click_key=c728abbf91210e4cddb117e935ded255c9740b7e%3A560640024&click_sum=9fed4010&ref=as_recently_viewed-1&frs=1

I misread where it was coming from as NH (New Hampshire) but it's really NL (Netherlands). :lol:  But shipping was free and it's already on the way.

I love it! I've had great luck with all the international shippers I've ordered from on Etsy.

Jerilyn -- the dog in the picture could turn its head and it would be Wiki looking at us.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

4 minutes ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Jerilyn -- the dog in the picture could turn its head and it would be Wiki looking at us.  

:)  I thought it really looked like her, and captures the spirit of the Black Bandit. :ph34r

Lila Football