GIG 2023

Dad2Paisley

15 hours ago, zimsmom said:

I so want to attend but my car is not dependable enough to make that long drive:blush I need someone to buy me some car decals.  My last pair broke with the ice on my car!!

Remind me when the date gets closer and then message me your cell number. I will take pics from what I find and you can choose.

I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

On 3/9/2023 at 5:59 AM, macoduck said:

I'll be there Thursday thru Sunday.

Ducky, we will be there Friday and Saturday.    Looking forward to seeing you!

gallery_22163_3545_9670.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

We will only be there on Friday as my mom's Celebration of Life gathering is on Saturday.  Hoping to see everyone!  It should be quieter for us since it is only the boys this year.  However, if a roo session starts on Friday, the odds are that Zeke started it.  That boy just LOVES choir practice!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

We will be there from Thursday to Sunday with our mutt dogs, Kyle and Kaia. If you’re looking for us we will be at the Reliance Mine Saloon every night at the Quality Inn on Steinwehr. :cheers

4894718087_9910a46faa_d.jpg

Tricia with Kyle, our senior mutt dog 
Always missing Murray MaldivesBee Wiseman, River, Hopper, Kaia, and 
Holly Oaks Holly
“You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.“          -Bob Dylan

1 hour ago, MP_the4pack said:

I think I'll be there. After all I need to buy stuff for my new Irish lass, Snowflake. 

:yay

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

There will be a Canadian contingent this year. Eight of us will be staying at the Quality Inn. 

Jan with precious pups Emmy (Stormin J Flag) and Simon (Nitro Si) and Abbey Field.  Missing my angels: Bailey Buffetbobleclair 11/11/98-17/12/09; Ben Task Rapid Wave 5/5/02-2/11/15; Brooke Glo's Destroyer 7/09/06-21/06/16 and Katie Crazykatiebug 12/11/06 -21/08/21. My blog about grief The reality is that you will grieve forever. You will not get over the loss of a loved one; you will learn to live with it. You will rebuild yourself around the loss you have suffered. You will be whole again but you will never be the same. Nor should you be the same, nor would you want to. Elisabeth Kübler-Ross

9 hours ago, greytpups said:

There will be a Canadian contingent this year. Eight of us will be staying at the Quality Inn. 

:yay  and :banana

tiny hada siggy.png

• 2 weeks later...

Joe, not I nor dogs, will be there on Friday and Sat. So, stop by and say hi. He has a couple of new GH paintings(he has too many greyt photos of GH not to keep on working) and decided to open up shop. Some new statues but limited jewelry. The jewelry is as difficult to find as hen's teeth these days. And I thought Dewey would be the last show- well, for me- not Joe obviously!

BUSHMANSTUDIO

After many years of being absent, we might go this year!  I know we may not be able to find rooms at this late date, but I'm hoping maybe there will be some people cancelling.  We really couldn't plan farther in advance---Doug had surgery on the 10th to remove a cancerous tumor from his lung, and we just didn't know what would happen.  All went well, and it hadn't spread!  So, as he's getting better, he feels like he'd like to take a road trip, Gettysburg is only 4 hours from us, and about a month should be good, recovery wise.

I was looking at the lodging section of the website, and some of the places have really bad reviews.  The nicer ones are probably booked.  I guess I could start calling them, right?  I don't remember the procedure---do I call the places myself and mention GIG?  Do they have rooms blocked at an event price?  I guess we'd stay anywhere decent, but for Doug, and also Laila, who has bladder cancer, a ground floor would be best.

I don't ask for TOO much, do I?  :lol  Any info would be great.  Thanks!

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

The Eisenhower is the only one that gives discounts for GIG.  You must call to make your reservation as you won't get it if you book online.

The Aspire is right next door to the Eisenhower but they do not allow dogs. 

tiny hada siggy.png

Come stop by our booth. Milkysgreytgoodies and say Hi.  We will be there Thurs for set up and have the dogs with us Friday/Saturday.  We aren't staying in town. Since we live about an hour away we just drive back and forth. Did it last year and it was much easier setting up on Thurs and taking down Sun without the dogs there.

See you all there.

d2psig.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We're definitely going!  Thanks, Ducky, for letting us know that the GIG Facebook page had info on the changes at the Western Inn Motel.  It had really terrible reviews, but it's now under new ownership, and the rooms have been newly remodeled.  The owner gave the organizers his personal phone number.  This motel is basically what we were looking for---no steps for both Doug and Laila, and the ability to walk right out the door to the outside for Laila, so she can go out to pee often (because of her bladder cancer).  And it's right down the street from the Eisenhower.  It's also very reasonable.  The 1 bed rooms are $75, the 2 bed rooms are $120.  There is no pet fee at all.  I talked to Mark for quite a while a few days ago, and he seems like a really nice guy.  They still have some rooms available. He's trying to get some positive reviews so people know it has changed.  So hopefully, it's as nice as he says, and I'll be able to leave him a positive review.  The only thing---he just takes cash, since he's not been open long enough to be set up for credit cards yet.  That's no problem for us, since he gave me a couple weeks notice.

It will be a lot quieter for us this year.  We used to do so much, from vending years ago, to walking the battlefields, and doing event activities.  But Doug is really limited in the distance he can walk, so we'll probably be sitting around somewhere!  We'd love to see folks we haven't seen for a while.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

• 2 weeks later...

Joe is going solo- 

I rented a cute mancave for him in New Oxford for Thurs & Friday nights. So, check out BUSHMAN STUDIO. He found 6 or 7 full size blue prints, $25 each and I decided to throw in 2 of my black tees with his blue print design. They are size Medium and $35 a piece. This is the very last of that series. We are not doing another run of either. 

There will be a $5 box of assorted goodies- prints, small drawings, etc.  The acquisition of vintage GH/sighthound items is getting both very very difficult and very very expensive. We are not going to invest in goods that are super expensive, overpriced and or mundane. Each piece is carefully curated. 

Dewey was my last show- but Joe decided that since he still had the GH painting bug he should finish some new work and bring the last of his antiques to one more GIG. 

So, stop by and say hello- one never knows what Joe has found these days! As always he does have his shop on RUBY LANE  https://w.rubylane.com/shop/bushman-studio/ilist?lane=art

An offer from Houndtime:

Since we are unable to attend Greyhounds in Gettysburg, again, this year, I would like to make an offer that will please some of you.  Any ready-made fleece jacket ($20) or flannel house coat ($25), that I may have available in the size you need, will be shipped to you postage free.

At the event, you might buy a Zoom Doggie product all ready-made, and would not have the extra expense of the postage.

This offer is in effect for this week and thru Sunday, April 23 when the event ends.

Take a look at the website, houndtime.com and see if there are any patterns that you like.  Email me with the size you need, and I can tell you what is available in your requested size.

Thank you.  Looking forward to seeing you at Reach The Beach in October.

Edited by Houndtime

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

It was another great event.  Thanks to any of you who stopped by our booth or bought something.  We appreciate it. It was our 2 year old greyhound Zamboni's first time and he loved it.  A bit overwhelmed but he loved see all the dogs and people. He was there on Friday with Thorton.  Thorton was there on Sat too and he loved it as well.

d2psig.jpg