The Great Global Greyhound Walk 2022

HeyRunDog

The Great Global Greyhound Walk is on Sunday 25th September

Great Global Greyhound Walk
To find your local walk click here https://www.greatglobalgreyhoundwalk.co.uk/walk-schedule/

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

3 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

I love Skipworth cartoons.

Me too. I've got signed copies of both of his Greyhound Glossarys

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

I think I'm going to do that his year.  My adoption group, Going Home Greyhounds, in Pittsburgh, has their annual picnic (formerly the reunion picnic) to coincide with the Great Global Greyhound Walk.  This is from their email---the event will be on Sunday, September 25 from 12 noon until 4:00 pm (arrive at 11:30 for the Great Global Greyhound Walk) at the South Park Museum Building, 2100 Brownsville Road, South Park, PA  15129 (If you plug this in to your GPS, please make sure to use South Park, PA and not Pittsburgh, PA. If you use Pittsburgh, you will not be directed to the park.)

If there is anyone near Pittsburgh, and you'd like to join us, please do! We will walk a level ½ mile around the track beginning promptly at noon.  It's a really nice venue.  And if you'd like, you can stick around after Noon  for the Going Home Greyhound event inside the building, with a silent and basket auction, vendors, and food.  And lots of Greyhounds. :heart

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Phoenix wil still be too hot in September to have one. I think in previous years one of the groups had their version of this event in January. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

• 3 weeks later...

I just discovered that there is a Great Global Greyhound walk scheduled in a nearby town.  Nate and I will be going! :yay

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

• 2 weeks later...

Way to go Nate!

Nutmeg waiting to see iffn I yam still limping ( but problee KNOT) to go to ower lokul wun.

Miss "England" Carol with whippet lurcher Nutmeg & Zavvi the Chihuahua.

R.I.P. Chancey (Goosetree Chance). 24.1.2009 - 14.4.2022. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

Just getting ready to set off to the South Yorkshire one.

It strikes me, this many greyhounds on an organised walk is lunacy! We set off, after 10 yards the first one statues. We all wait, then when that one's induced to move another one decides they're not moving!

2 hours, 11.5 yards walked! 😁

Absolutely brilliant day!

Not sure on numbers, but I heard a few say it was around the 200 mark. Was so funny when someone was playing nearby with a springer, throwing a ball for it on the park when 200 pointy noses all snapped around to follow the ball as one...and 200 owners were all thinking "oh, you think your dog's quick do ya??" 😁

If any of you are reading, hi to the parents of Casper, Jack, Dave, Norman, Pancho*, Lola and many others who's names I didn't catch.

*why yes, Cara did seem to make friends with a lot of boys, peculiarly!

3 hours ago, MerseyGrey said:

We did it last year. We started out at the back of the pack but by the end of the walk we were at the front, with no snarking from The Budster. The boy’s a born winner :lol

Yes!  My beloved Piper the Perfect operated just like that.  I'm a back of the pack walker by preference. However, walking Piper I began to notice that at all group walks we started at the back but ended up in the lead.  There was never any pulling on the leash or any unseemly behavior--just a gentle, inexorable, focused move to the front of the pack. :lol  His racing style was to lead start to finish, so I think he was being kind to me by letting me start at the rear.

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

25 minutes ago, LBass said:

Yes!  My beloved Piper the Perfect operated just like that.  I'm a back of the pack walker by preference. However, walking Piper I began to notice that at all group walks we started at the back but ended up in the lead.  There was never any pulling on the leash or any unseemly behavior--just a gentle, inexorable, focused move to the front of the pack. :lol  His racing style was to lead start to finish, so I think he was being kind to me by letting me start at the rear.

He was a true gentleman!

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

Wow, you all in South Yorkshire had an amazing turnout!  Here is upstate South Carolina, US, we had our very first Great Global Greyhound Walk and had 43 Greyhounds.  We have a way to go to catch up with you!

It was a fun walk in a lovely downtown park setting.  We had one poor girlie who had corns and decided she'd had enough.  She sat down every chance she got.  She was wearing protective booties but really preferred to be carried. :lol

For those of you who are interested here are the number of greyhounds in each country who took part in this years GGGW

No photo description available.