Springtime Products, talk to me

We used Springtime's Fresh Factors many years ago for the campers and I don't remember now why we stopped. I'm wondering about current Springtime products for campers Annie (almost 10) and especially Punkin (almost 11).

Those of you who are using anything Springtime for your dogs, why did you choose Springtime and which product/s, has there been improvement in whatever it was you wanted to address, and how long before seeing results? Anything else you can share is much appreciated.

Those not using Springtime, what supplements do you give your senior dogs?

TIA!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

I tried the Fresh Factors for old man Howie's stiff front legs. Saw zero improvement after going through 2 bottles.

Talked with my vet because I really didn't want to start him on a prescription med. She highly recommended "Cosequin Joint Health Supplements Maximum Strength with MSM for Mo plus Omega 3's for Mobility, Cartilage & Joint Support plus Omega 3's for Healthy Skin & Coat". (yes, it says all that on the label) She also said that Sam's Club carries it. My local store only had the non-soft chew so I ordered online. 

Howie seems to be improving after starting the Cosequin 2 weeks ago.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Fresh Factors and Joint Health from Springtime worked great for some of my dogs, did less for others. With all of them, they were less effective as the dogs got older and their joints got creakier. That was true for all the supplements I tried. I also tried some of the Cosequin products, helped some dogs, others not so much. Springtime also makes a product that is a jazzed up version of Joint Health, don’t recall the exact name. The dogs hated it and refused to eat it, so I would say, if you want to try Springtime, skip that one :lol

We are still using Fresh Factors and Joint Health Chewables from Springtime.  We saw a huge difference with Rocket when we started him on Fresh Factors - he kind of became the dog version of Tigger. :lol

We've had all of the dogs on these products although there were one or two of them where we didn;t really notice much of a difference. We currently use Fresh Factors and Joint Health Cheewables, given with each meal. 

We tried the Advanced Hip and Joint Chewables that Jan mentioned and found that not only did the dogs not care for them, they also caused some stomach upset. We avoid the Advanced Hip and joint Chewable and use the regular Joint Health Chewable along with Fresh Factors. Those two products can be purchased as "The Combo" on their website. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I use the Springtime Bug Off, religiously, for years.  I give Odin cosaquin in the morning and next level at night.

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

I have used Springtime products for many years because they are outstanding.  Especially Fresh Factors.  That is like a miracle drug.  It gives older dogs for instance extra months/years of a good happy life.  Had one dog that began to have trouble getting up. Put on Fresh Factors she acted like a puppy and lived several happy years after that and didn't have trouble getting up anymore.  It helps them with everything even their coat.  I have noticed that when you put a dog on them for the first time it often appears their eyes kind of light up even. Had another dog on Fresh Factors sail through chemotherapy and amputation in terrific condition-still jogged with me.  If I didn't give them anything else they would get Fresh Factors.  They also get the Garlic Granules BECAUSE IT WORKS, PERIIOD.  Some people go to walmart and buy el cheapo garlic to use and then say oh it don't work.  Garlic is no different than anything else. You get what you pay for. I have NO TICK PROBLEMS WHATEVER no matter how infested an area I am in because I give the dogs their Springtime Garlic Granules.  And since I don't want ticks on me I take the people version of it -and I am very pleased to say it works.  I also give them the Skin & Coat oil because if I don't Octanes coat gets dry and dandruff and Reba gets ear and anal gland issues.  No kidding.  So I give them the oil and their coat stays wonderful and I don't have ear or anal gland issues with Reba. Also Time4ANap (Thank you!) told me years ago how the Skin & Coat oil had helped Rocket's allergies and so I give it to mine to keep their allergies from getting too bad also.  I may also give them the Spirulina to but I believe the oil definitely helps.. It all depends. These products work plain and simple.  BTW I also take the People Joint Health myself that they sell along with the people garlic.  But heres a great tip. The dog garlic granules smell so good that I always add them to spaghetti or italian things that I cook for us because it is sooooo good.  I have used other of their products as well. They are all good. The best quality available IMO.

Edited by racindog

A vet suggested Dasuquin with MSM for Spirit.  The presenting "complaint" was that Spirit would just lie in bed grizzling & whining.  He was about 12 at the time and still seemed to be getting around well.  The receptionist at the vet's office--wonderful & knowledgeable--mentioned that she'd had excellent results with the Dasuquin with MSM.  It immediately helped Spirit--the amorphous whining stopped.  I kept him on it until his passing at 14.5 and I do think it helped him, though it couldn't stem the tide of degenerative myelopathy.

I had an unopened bag when Spirit died.  The lady who cuts my hair is a great animal lover and she mentioned that she and her husband were finding homes for the last of their goats because the beloved Great Pyrenees who guarded the goats was getting older and struggling to keep up with the goats in their huge field.  Never the less, the devoted dog wouldn't stop guarding her flock.  I took the bag of Dasequin with MSM to Lisa for her dog and she reported that it has made the faithful guard much more comfortable, though she now no longer has any goats to tend and can just enjoy her retirement in comfort.

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Thank you all for your helpful replies!

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Started giving Milo Advanced Joint supplements a few years ago when he started showing symptoms of arthritis.  It noticeably helped him after he'd been taking it a few months.   I chose it over the vet-recommended Cosequin because I wanted some of the extras in it that made it a more general supplement.  Milo, at 12 1/2, has started to scale down a lot of his leaping and running, but the vet says he still has great range-of-motion in his joints.

I tried Fresh Factors years ago on some dogs and had a couple who just did not like the taste.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

I will add that obviously, different supplements work differently with different dogs. Differently :lol But, Springtime does seem to have top quality ingredients and that does matter. 
Also, I was told by my doctor that MSM will help enhance the pain control of other joint health/arthritis meds and I have found this to be true for me.

Edited by Remolacha