mrs

My greyhound broke weight bearing front toe and small bit of bone removed underneath nail together with nail removal.  Its been 6 weeks and toe looks misshapen and she is lame.  I notice that the 2 parts of the toe look almost separated and other toes seem stable.  Is this normal or will she need toe removed?

It's next to impossible for this to be known on the internet.  You're better off taking your vet's advice. 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

At this point your vet needs to evaluate it. Many hounds here have needed to have a toe removed due to similar issues and they usually do fine without that toe. Hope your hound is feeling better soon. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life