can we still adopt greyhounds in South Florida?

There were some groups named in a recent thread but you'll have to check them out individually.  A couple of the groups in that area disbanded over the past few years so options locally may be limited. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

17 hours ago, claudiav said:

fingers crossed to still be able to find some adoptable houndies.

Still seems weird to read this.   When I first adopted there were so many available.  Makes me sort of sad for people who never got the chance to adopt the best breed.

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

59 minutes ago, claudiav said:

I spoke with Barbara Masi yesterday... Yoshi & Soba found a home and they will stay together...  :beatheart

Wonderful! :yay Thank you for letting us know.

Continued best thoughts for your search :goodluck

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 minute ago, racindog said:

this guy sounds perfect.... but he's in NJ... although we' adopted 2 pups from GFNJ in the past, so they know us...  we don't want to make a 1000 mile road trip to get the next one... I'm sure someone will snap him up quickly up there...  we're looking to get one locally.. I've already put in an application with Barbara Masi, so she will keep us in mind when they get some... Greyhounds in Motion also gets some returns, but they bring in a lot of galgos and I've always lusted after them... I just couldn't pay the adoption fee if it was over $500... we'll see what turns up... I'll update when we do get our next pup

Image removed, not within Signature Guidelines.

Just got a wonderful call from Barbara Masi.  It seems, Remy, one of their service dogs in training has come down with corns, so he cannot continue his service career.  Luckily, I have had two corn dogs and I'm a hulling expert.... so we are getting our greyhound much sooner than originally anticipated... I thought we'd be on a waitlist for months... can't wait to meet him and so hope for him to bond with Pretzel, my 4 yr old boy... :offwall:beatheart

5 minutes ago, claudiav said:

Just got a wonderful call from Barbara Masi.  It seems, Remy, one of their service dogs in training has come down with corns, so he cannot continue his service career.  Luckily, I have had two corn dogs and I'm a hulling expert.... so we are getting our greyhound much sooner than originally anticipated... I thought we'd be on a waitlist for months... can't wait to meet him and so hope for him to bond with Pretzel, my 4 yr old boy... :offwall:beatheart

:clap How exciting! We'll expect pics, of course...

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

24 minutes ago, claudiav said:

Greyt!

Irene Ullmann w/Flying Odin and Mama Mia in Lower Delaware
Angels Brandy, John E, American Idol, Paul, Fuzzy and Shine
Handcrafted Greyhound and Custom Clocks http://www.houndtime.com
Zoom Doggies-Racing Coats for Racing Greyhounds

1 hour ago, claudiav said:

:rollin How many sleeps until you and Pretzel meet Remy?!

22 hours ago, claudiav said:

we don't know yet... his foster mom is on vacation, so he's staying with his trainer in Port St Lucie... She will contact us and set up a date/time... so exciting :bounce1

Spoke with his trainer last night... it's either one more sleep... or two....   woohoooo :clap

woo hooo! this is even more appropriate now ---> :rollin

Just now, buddibear said:

try Gold Coast Greyhound Adoptions in Tarpon Springs Tampa Bay area. retirees from northern tracks, Irish imports, and Galgo mixes from Spain. 

I did... but AGA was much closer to us... and we are getting bomb-proof Remy, who was almost a service dog for a veteran, had he not developed corns... and it's very fortunate, cause I am an expert corn huller :banana

Remy is home with us now...  He is AMAZING!!!  He is taaall and lean... Bombproof... KISSER :beatheart  so playful... already got Pretzel running after him and playing hide and seek, by going in and out the doggie door... Remy will learn it quickly, I'm sure...  I tried uploading pic but I can't compress it down small enough to be accepted... It only wants 64KB or less... I got it down to 72KB, but I can't get it any smaller :wacko:

:yay Remy is home! Great pics! 

Congratulations!