Two greyhounds two different attitudes

My two are very similar but very different.

They both sleep most of the day, they both roach regularly, they both respect each other's space but come walkies time.....

Grace quietly follows me into the hall to make sure I put on the correct shoes and pick up the keys and then follows me back into the main room and waits patiently for her collar and lead to be put on.

Guinness runs up and down the main room like a loon throwing his toys around and making strange noises before standing in front of me to make sure his collar and lead is put on first but struggles to keep still in his excitement.

Guinness lets Grace go through the door first to check it's safe but as soon as she's halfway through Guinness pushes past so he can claim the win, until the next door or gate that is.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

When I got my first 2nd hound (makes sense, right?), I remember my mother and I agreeing that we would use the same adjectives to describe each one, yet they had completely different personalities.  

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

Gracie is just being the dignified lady she is, and Guinness the goofy boy hound he is :lol

Val used to hop around so much I would cross my arms and say, “we can’t go anywhere until I get your collar on, and I can’t put it on until you calm down!” Then she would hold still long enough to get collared, then grab a toy to carry out to the gate.

Nate is modeled after Guinness--bouncing around with too much excitement to get the collar and leash on.  How funny that Guinness will allow Gracie only the initial illusion of going out the door first. :lol:

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

11 hours ago, LBass said:

Nate is modeled after Guinness--bouncing around with too much excitement to get the collar and leash on.  How funny that Guinness will allow Gracie only the initial illusion of going out the door first. :lol:

He seems to like coming from the back to win races. He did when he won the Coronation Cup.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

6 hours ago, HeyRunDog said:

He seems to like coming from the back to win races. He did when he won the Coronation Cup.

Love it!  Guinness is still being true to his racing style.

Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Here is Guinness in his former life as Antigua Rum coming from the back in the orange jacket.

Wow, that was just a beautiful run for your boy!  Right from the back!

My MoMo Meany Pants, FTH Chyna Moon, ran like that.  I remember watching her very first schooling race on the Orange Park video feed (at my office desk :lol ).  She was in the far outside box and was the last dog out of the boxes.  As the pack was making the first turn, MoMo was still running in a diagonal from the outside of the track to the rail.  I thought that I'd be having her home with me sooner rather than later.  By the 2nd turn she'd caught the pack and then she just steadily passed each and every dog to win that race.  I was in tears by the end, so excited and proud. :wub: