Val 6/16/2008-8/5/2022

And then there were none. My sweet girl left me today and for the first time in 20 years there are no greyhounds in my house. For the first time in nearly 30 years there are no animals at all. The silence is deafening. It is fitting that Val should be the last, she was the sweetest, best dog ever. She was a Good Dog. Like most of my dogs she was a little older, 7 when she came to live with me and Conner, and a bounce. She fit right in, she loved everybody, except babies and small children, she was afraid of those terrors :lol. But anyone else, she would drag me across the street if she saw someone so they could pet her. She was always a little hurt and confused if they didn't want to make a fuss over her, but she was polite and didn't push. She was a quiet dog, but she was always with me, wherever I was. I miss her so much, I don't know how long it will be before I stop looking for her, talking to her.

Run free sweetheart, the pain is gone, the confusion and uncertainty, all gone. :f_red

Oh No... I am so sorry for the loss of your Good Dog Val.

Remember all the good times...

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Oh, Jan, I'm so sorry your Val had to leave. I know you gave her the best life and so much love. Please take care of yourself; you'll be in my thoughts. 

Rest well, Val. I am sure you're having quite a party with Conner and Rocket and countless other friends.

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

I am so sorry for your loss. It is always hard, but when there are no pets left, it is really hard.  Be kind to yourself. 

Patty,

Mom to Jaxson 5/12/2017

Forever in my heart: Joey 11/01/2007 to 12/06/2018, Scout 11/19/2005 to 07/15/15 and Jack 01/03/2004 to 06/11/2011

The quiet ones are often those who leave some of the greatest impressions. Jan, I am so sorry it was Val's time to receive her wings. I know how much you loved her and you gave her the best last chapter any Old Dog :heart could wish for.  If you listen carefully over the silence I'd imagine you're going to hear Val's tail ... wap wap wap. :grouphug

We had a t'storm earlier this evening. Now I know what that was all about. Godspeed Val. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Very sorry to hear of the loss of sweet Val. Run fast and free in the tall grass sweetie.

Mom to Ranger (PB's Long Ranger), Esso (Kiowa Stay Over) and Cookie the rattie mix

Missing Kahn (Gil's Khan) 10-29-03 - 11-7-16  Belle (Regall Belooow) 8-9-07 - 3-12-17  Star (Greyt Star) 1-19-07 - 3-13-2020  Pitch (Emerald Pitch) 4-1-08 - 6-3-2020

The first time Val came bouncing through our door with Conner, she went around introduced herselt to everyone. And did it again, and again and again. :lol Val's nickname was "50 First Dates," because it was like she was introducing herself every time she saw you. She and Conner stayed here a few times and Val always had a blast. She loved laying in the backyard and playing out there.  Rocket also stayed with Conner and Val and they were all good friends. We absolutely loved Val and will miss her. The hounds that have arrived here since Rocket left didn't get to meet Val due to Covid restrictions, so it's pretty much the end of an era with Val being the last of "the gang."  

Run-free Val, and don't let Conner and Rocket (aka Statler and Waldorf) give you a hard time up there. :f_pink

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

I'm so very sorry. She had a good long run, but it's never long enough.

Godspeed Good Dog Val.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

I’m so sorry for your loss. Despite making it to the grand age of 14, it’s still just not enough time. I don’t blame her for being terrified of babies and small children, and I can perfectly picture her introducing herself politely to strangers! Run free, sweet girl :brokenheart

Buddy Molly 🌈 5/11/10-10/10/23

:f_whiteI am so very sorry for your loss.

Run free dear Val, once more and forever young and swift and strong :gh_run2

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

Oh, your sweet, sweet Val  :grouphug

she would drag me across the street if she saw someone so they could pet her. She was always a little hurt and confused if they didn't want to make a fuss over her, but she was polite and didn't push.

She knew an important truth that foolish people could have learned from her -- there is friendship and beauty all around us, if we can just accept it

siggy_z1ybzn.jpg

Ellen, with brindle Milo and the blonde ballerina, Gelsey

remembering Eve, Baz, Scout, Romie, Nutmeg, and Jeter

3 hours ago, EllenEveBaz said:

Oh, your sweet, sweet Val  :grouphug

She knew an important truth that foolish people could have learned from her -- there is friendship and beauty all around us, if we can just accept it

That is beautiful.

I'm so sorry your dear Val had to leave.  :grouphug 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

So much wisdom in the eyes and heart of a senior.  I am so sorry that it was her time to leave.  I cannot imagine how loud the silence is now with her gone.    Wishing you peace.

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

• 2 months later...