'SPOIL YOUR HOUND DAY' IN HONOR OF ROCKET AKA NAT'L FRENCH FRY DAY!

:pepperIt's that time of year again.:banana  Wednesday the 13th is National French Fry Day!:chow Of course you can't think of french fries without remembering what an aficionado Rocket was!:cheers Therefore the last couple of years many of us have marked that day as an excuse to spoil our hounds by letting them have some FRENCH FRIES!!! It has been greyt fun and as you know our houndies do need to be spoiled on a regular basis. :yay It is also gratifying to remember Rocket at this time:wub: and how our hounds-especially the ones who become public figures here- and I won't name them because there are MANY and I won't risk leaving anyone out-are so very very special.  They know who they are.:clap  Also special thanks to their peeps who graciously shared their precious hounds on the forum so all of us could love them also. So it is also a happy and heartwarming little remembrance for all the GT hounds that have meant so much to us and then crossed over. :inlove And oh the memories we make by surprising our current hounds with FRENCH FRIES! :balloonpartyThank you Rocket! You are loved always and will never be forgotten. :beatheart  PS- The pictures are always awesome. Please post pictures.:gh_bow

:yay The campers say BringEmOn! (please mom? fanks!)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

We miss him too.

Rocket :beatheart

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Are we going to get a special GT banner to mark the occasion?

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

10 hours ago, racindog said:

Oh boy! Oh boy! Oh boy! sez the hounds:gh_bow

Rocket, DW and I followed that McD's truck on I-70 in Missouri during our move to AZ. We had to snap that picture for him. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

19 hours ago, Remolacha said:

I hear MickyD’s is giving away free French fries tomorrow in Rocket’s honor! Ok, maybe because of French fry day, and I am sure there is some catch, like with a large drink or something, but still.

Hey, National French Fry DAY is a BIG deal! :D  Tons and tons of places are celebrating with free fries etc.  And Mickey D's says no purchase necessary as long as you have the app! Enjoy! I am going to give Bojangles fries to my pack because I seen them for the first time recently and they really look good :paw

https://www.cnet.com/culture/national-french-fry-day-2022-get-free-fries-from-wendys-mcdonalds-and-more/

https://www.deseret.com/2022/7/12/23205286/national-french-fry-day-2022-when-is-it-deals-free-fries

Here’s where you can get free (or really cheap) fries for National French Fry Day

Examples(more in article): 

Checker’s and Rally’s: The drive-thru chain has a petition to make National French Fry Day fall on a Friday. Fans who sign the petition will receive a digital coupon for a free medium order of fries — no purchase necessary — through July 15, according to a news release sent to the Deseret News.

McDonald’s: McDonald’s is giving customers who use the chain’s app a free order of large fries on July 13, CNN reported.

Wendy’s: Wendy’s is offering free fries all week long through its app, according to a news release sent to the Deseret News. The deals include:

·    July 13: A free order of fries — any size — with any mobile order purchase.

·    July 14: A free order of small breakfast potatoes with any mobile order purchase.

·    July 15: A free order of medium fries with any size fry mobile order purchase.

Heinz/DoorDash collaboration: The Heinz brand has teamed up with DoorDash to offer $5.70 off any order that includes fries — orders must be at least $15, according to a news release sent to the Deseret News. Visit DoorDash to see participating locations.

Edited by racindog

image.jpeg.54db2fc1bfca1b3565625bc5925de5f5.jpeg

image.jpeg.63fa7dbd745289f7900c3697ef107eae.jpeg

The individual pics are too blurry :lol Mmmmm Fr Fries !

Edited by FiveRoooooers

Annie and Punkin :beatheart:beatheart

Mark and LaVida are still sleeping off their breakfast so fries will be later. Mark says he needs to rest up for the event. 

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

After kayaking today....

Mmmmm Sweet Potato Fries.  Yum.

May be an image of french fries

Can't believe I hate the whole thing....  And no hounds around to share 

May be an image of food

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

26 minutes ago, BatterseaBrindl said:

After kayaking today....

Mmmmm Sweet Potato Fries.  Yum.

May be an image of french fries

Can't believe I hate the whole thing....  And no hounds around to share 

May be an image of food

Those look delicious. I’d be non-sharing too :lol

:yay :yay :yay 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

19 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

image.jpeg.54db2fc1bfca1b3565625bc5925de5f5.jpeg

image.jpeg.63fa7dbd745289f7900c3697ef107eae.jpeg

The individual pics are too blurry :lol Mmmmm Fr Fries !

I know what you're talking about. I was trying to take several to get some good ones but he ate them so fast they turned out blurry like yours. I was lucky to get one that wasn't to bad. :hehe

4 hours ago, racindog said:

And a grand time was had by all! Octane ate- or should I say inhaled! -his so fast I almost didn't get any picture!:beatheart:lol:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HqJLLFYko-OkOxz7Wv2HpRj-Ugh6y8P5/view?usp=sharing

Google Drive says I need permission to view files on this drive. If you don't get it to work , let me know and I can post it for you. 

We decided that Mark and LaVida can't have fries until the weekend. We have to take a fecal sample in to the vet tomorrow for both of them, so figured that giving them fries the day before might not be the best idea. :lol Will post some pics when they get theirs.