WFUBCC - Summertime Edition #2-212

Hello my Friendlies!!

One more day of really hawts, then back to just normill hawts.  It's almost 80lebendee degrees already!!  But we gots oshun breezes coming in this affernoon that will start cooling us off earlier.

Miss Laila, as long as you are not in any painings and you are still eating and getting around OK, then you should go and enjoy that Grapehounie!!  :thumbs-up   Afferwards is for affer.  :kiss2 

Oh Miss Noo Carol!!!  :rolleyes:  As Bugs Bunny says:  "What a revolting developmint!!"  :eek 

Miss Dr Robin!  :shakefinger  You shoulda gone to the docter for hexrays!!!  No more hi heelings eether!!  :shakefinger   

Miss Loosy, our dekk is that fake wood kind, and it is holding up really well, essept that it's settled weerd and some spots are kinda wavey or sinky.  Momma was gonna have the company fix it up, but she was SHOKKED to learn that they had that dekk put in 18 years ago!!!  And they don't even make that kinda fake wood anymore!!  And they'd hafta replace the whole dekk to really fix it!!  :yikes  She just decided to live with it!  ;) 

I bet Miss Caroline is in the hospital!!!  :eek  Momma thinks she probly broked her hip, tho we really really hope NOT.  :weep  We hope Miss Bitzi is OK!!  :weep 

:hope for Miss Jerilyn and Mister Jim!!!  :hope 

Mam is having a lazy morning!!!  :thumbs-up 

Mister Merc have you seed that allimagator yet since you been there???  :yikes 

Nothing much happening around here today cause of the HAWTS.  Momma's new lektrical outlet thingies did not get here till 8 oh klok last nite so that didn't get done.  She'll try and do it today!

Wishings for a terrific Toozday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, all I can say about our building inspection this morning is, you tax dollars might as well be thrown down the cistern, you'd get as much return on them. Either maintain it like you should, or sell it off. GRRRRR

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Poor Miss Robin, took out by Dudley the hunting dog. I hope you feel better soon.  :kiss2

I'm afraid for Miss Caroline too. :hope

Miss Chris, owr deck is 20 years old and is just pain wood, so we got good service from it, butt its days are numbered. :eek  Ma and Auntie Ann are looking at using that fake wood stuff this time.

Miss Noo Carol, how frustrating!  My paws are crossed for this afternoon.

Ma's had a KNOT fun day.  The mower would knot start today.  She cleaned the carburetor filter (after taking off another screen thing that she shouldn't have taken off. :rotfl ) and replaced the spark plug and it still won't start.  She called the people who usually service it for her and they are coming to get it tomorrow.  Not real sure when it will get fixed and brought back. Then she set about finding someone else to mow for her for the next few weeks.  She talked to a nice fellow who is coming tomorrow and might be a resource for other yard stuff. :goodluck  She's tired and sweaty and dirty and frustrated and didn't even mow the grass yet. :lol:

Nate, cool as a pukumber in the house

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

I survived! I feel pretty beat up but it went according to plan. I took some drugs but I think I’m going to feel this one. Thanks for the backandforth!

And now Robin is injured! I hope you’re kicking your shoes off under your desk.

Poor Carol with a tree STILL on your house! Was it yesterday you had Dairy Queen? I think should be a delivery of pizza pie in your future.

And I am still worried that we haven’t heard from Caroline.

Vanessa, I’m confused about your inspection. Of the building where you live? Then why did you have to go downtown?

Good job with the attempt at mower fixing Lucy! I think you deserve pizza too!

Pizza for everyone! Except me because I can only have soft foods for a while. :(

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Just looking for news on Caroline and Jim before I head off to ride Widgey.

And see if there’s news on the fallen tree :dunno

Ouch Robin :(

We had pizza after haying yesterday :chow

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos).   Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKMwinter.jpg

She fanks ebberywun..but sez in da skeem ub life it iz KNOT a beeg deel....juss a NOOsints.

Owr frenz habz much moor portant stuff gowing on...

Nate...hehehehe....taken owt by a Dudley....

We are finking ub owr frenz...

Laila - how are yu feeling tooday...

An bowf Bitzi and Miss Caroline?

Misser Jim?

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Workplace--every year, all the facilities used by Customs are inspected by someone from their field office. For the Port of Charleston, that guy comes from Atlanta and goes around to with the collateral duty safety officers & mission support to hopefully kick start much needed repairs and maintenance. The fly in the ointment is that Customs does NOT own the Customhouse, that's GSA and they stink. Their excuse is always "MONEY". They turn the building's a/c off at night and on the weekends--and an historic building full of plaster and stone needs a/c or it sweats and moulders and the plaster falls off the ceiling. Those are the biggest things.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

5 hours ago, greysmom said:

Mister Merc have you seed that allimagator yet since you been there???

:nod  It's a big wun dis yeer.  Mummy keeps an eye out fur him wenever we are out dare.  She warned de tree trimmers about him yesserday. :nod

Yesterday, the pool cleaner was here.  The lawn mower was here.  The hedge trimmers came and also took down two pine trees (good riddance).  I said, "We should sell the house right this minute.  The outside will never look this good again."  I completely forgot that we have had a tarp on the roof for a month now. :rofl   New Carol, we've all been waiting for the adjuster - for A. Month. Now. :bugeye

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Momma just left a message on Miss Caroline's FB page.  Maybe one for her Friendlies know what's going on!

AP - wurried friendly

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

:wave

Miss Chris, ocean breezes sound wonderful!  

Miss Lucy, I hope your lawn mower gets fixed quickly and/or you find someone to mow for you.  Everyone is having problems this week.

Miss Jerilyn, I'm glad your screw removal went okay and that the drugs are kicking in.  Yes indeed it was yesterday for DQ.  Today I had a Filet-o-Fish at MickeyD's.  

I agree that everyone deserves pizza!!

Hope Miss Caroline is okay.

THE TREE PEOPLE WERE HERE!! 

The good news is that nothing was damaged during the removal except a little dent on the edge of the gutter.  That was a tremendous amount of lumber!!  It was interesting to watch how they got the big pieces off the roof with ropes.  Those guys earn every penny that they charge.  There are two little holes in the ridge, not much damage to the riddgepole.  The bad news is that the mother tree is terminal.  There is a deep crack on one side and the center is hollow.  The arborist says she could split in two at the base almost any time.  I hate to lose the shade at the front of the house but this poor tree is suffering.  The power company has hacked it up on that side beyond hope.  Squirrels and birdies will have to find another home soon.   

Now -- in the 'What chutzpah!' and 'What are you, meshuggah?' department, lady from the claims contractor called just now.  She told me that they have completed my claim and will be sending a Customer Sat form for me to fill out and return.  They will hold my claim hostage until they receive said form from me, at which time the claim will be released.  :rofl:angryfire  This would be funny if it weren't so infuriating!!  What will they do when I don't give them a good review?  Will they sabotage my claim?  

Miss Elizabeth, that is way too long to wait for an adjuster.  I hope someone comes soon to look at your roof.  What is it with these people anyway?

Miss Noo Carol

:yay The tree is off the roof! :yay 

Jim had his first plasmaphoresis treatment this morning.  They were about 90% done when his blood pressure dropped to 70/50.  I turned our his calcium was depleted so they gave him calcium IV.   The BP came back to normal.  They stopped at that point but he got some benefit from this first one.  He was very talkative this morning,  looking at pictures on my phone, asking about Cherry and Ivy.  He was also reading the Washington Post that I brought from home.  By afternoon he started getting extremely tired and started being confused- he asked me when our ship is leaving the port.   So the nurse gave him some medication to help him sleep and I hope he has a quiet night and we will see what tomorrow brings!  He gets his next treatment on Thursday.

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Hello me freends!

Dat's encouraging noos Miss Kathy ifn Mosser Jim wuz abul to habs such a conversashun. Hopefully tomorrow will be a bettah day. 

Annnnd the tree iz gone, wot a relief!!!!!

Any noos on Miss Caroline? 

Noffing at all iz happining heer. We gottid rain so we just went on a short walkie.  Momma-bear's sisser iz A-OK now and Zorro del galgo leftid hisown sloth toy in da rain outside. Ebberyfing iz normul!

Yoor freend,

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Just a quick checkin before I lose connectivity. The hay is cut and in. The tree is off the roof. Dr Frootkake really should have that ankle checked. Misser Jim is making progress and Kathy is breathing a titch easier. No spiders!!!  Please!! Holding the claim payment for the satisfaction survey is outrageous.

Very hot here today. We move about 40 miles eastward on the southern edge of the park for the Glacier-Waterton Hamfest on Friday. After three days there we head to Many Glacier and get to be rich folks for five days. We had reservations at the little old cabins at Swift Current (end of the road at the Many Glacier area and beginning of an awesome number of incdible trails). Whilst on the road we got one of the "not enuf staff we're cancelling your reservation and will try to put you in an alternative spot--how about single bed, and cold water with no bathroom"?  After working with a delightful young gal and playing the new knee needs its own space and DH kicks and snores and takes his half out of the middle cards and being polite and patient ...... we got word she could switch us to the Many Glacier Hotel!!  Just a mile down the road and one of the old time fancy in its day railroad built lodges. For the same price we would have paid for the SC cabin!  Other folks will be paying at least $100 more/night for identical accommodations. 🥳. Wheeeee

Stay safe everyone. 

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

Miss Noo Carol we are so happy that tree is finally GONE GONE GONE!!!!!  :yay But of course the inshoo4intse hasta be buttheads about it!!  :rolleyes:

Miss Kathy we're glad Mister Jim hadda mostly positive day!!  :thumbs-up

Miss Patsy is gonna be living the high life for a while!!!  ;)

No word from Miss Caroline.  :(

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants 

7 hours ago, Patsy said:

DH kicks and snores and takes his half out of the middle

That sounds like Mercury! :hehe

Is anyone close enough to Caroline to call/text her?

Kathy, that does sound like progress.  :hope

10 hours ago, ScootersMom said:

will be sending a Customer Sat form for me to fill out and return. 

I hope they get an earful, and on Yelp, and on Yahoo, etc. :ph34r

I just watched the moon set behind Lake Mortgage Payment.  It's already 79 degrees out.  I keep trying to get up early enough so that I can get out to walk or run (depending on my dodgy hip) at the coolest part of the ay.

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Gud affernuun frendz.

It haz bin hothot heer fower lotsa dayz. Mum and me hav bin going owt fower ower waak kwyte erlee, haff passt sixlebbenty o’klok a kuppla tymez. I know this KNOT erlee fower sum ov yu but Mum duz KNOT get to bed until wun o’klok inna morning sumtymez!

Ower kaar wentid to the garridge yesserday fower the hotankowld blower to be looked at. The garridge fone at luntch tyme to say it gonna cost £500 plus and the kaar gonna need freelebbenty nyoo tyerz suun and thay gonna keep it until Fursday, wayting fower the parts. Mum sed “Just do wat gotta be dun, inklooding the tyerz.” I yam gonna be short on treets this week I fink!

I yam sending gud wishis to awl mi frendz and there ‘rents who KNOT feeling 100% and keeping mi pawz Xxxed fower a speedy rekuvveree fower everee wun.

Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:coffee  gone

:modstop   I have Caroline news…. I found and messaged her friend Lisa on FB.  Lisa responded late last night but I didn’t get it until this morning.
She did not say exactly what happened to Caroline, but she is OK and is still in hospital, and will be there for another day, until they figure out her rehab.  I asked if she had broken her hip, but have not heard back yet.  Bitzi is staying with Lisa and is just fine.   I will forward details as I get them. 
EDITED… Caroline has a fractured pelvis and may have to go to rehab for a while. Lisa is looking after her house and said maybe we could send cards to Caroline and she’ll take them to her.  She sent me the address…not sure if it’s on our annual list.  PM if you need it.

:yay :yay :yay  The tree is gone

:pinkele    Patsy …..livin’ the high life 

The news on Jim sounds quite encouraging :goodluck

Awwww Nuttymeg…sorry about your car….

I’m off for a paddle with my friend.  We’ll stop at the marvellous chip truck with the best sweet potato fries on the  way home from the lake.  Today is Rockets French Fry Day    :chow 

Edited by BatterseaBrindl

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos).   Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKMwinter.jpg

Gud Windy Woesday! Dat iz da full Buck Moon ober da lake.

GUDNESS, poor Miss Caroline, how absolutely awful.

Jerilyn, I'm so glad the screw removal went well. :grouphug  I hope the recovery won't be too miserable.

We're worrying about Miss Caroline too and keeping her in owr prayers.

image.jpeg.0296ca8cfc541f36b9d7790c0f69c626.jpeg  This is the historic building in which Miss Banessa werks.  It was completed in 1879.  It's been frew earthquakes and hurricanes, plus the general heat and humidity ob many a Charleston summer.  Historic buildings are a labor ob lub and it sounds like this one is knot feeling the love from the GSA.

Miss Noo Carol, I'm so glad the limb is offa your roof now butt I'm sad wif you that the poor tree is knot gonna survive. :kiss2  That insurance company sure has a lotta nerve, holding your claim hostage for any reason at all. :angryfire

Miss Kathy, that sounds like pretty encouraging results from the plasma-what-cha-ma-callit treatment!

Miss Patsy, the Glacier trip sounds like it's gonna be a winner this year. :kiss2 Congrats on scoring the fancy schmancy hotel! :confetti Hab fun. :kiss2 

Ma sent Miss Caroline a text message, in case she has her phone. Letting her know that we're all worrying about her and backanddforthing for her.  Ma will share if Miss Caroline is able to respond. Ah ha!  Mam did eben better!  I do fink Miss Caroline's address is in the listing.  Mam, thank you so much for the news.
Nurses will tell us, but Ma thinks that broken pelvis is painful butt knot as difficult to recover from as broken hip.  I sure hope so.

Miss RE Carol, that's what Ma says in those occasions too.  'Cuz what else are you gonna do? :kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Oh my goodness, pain and discomfort EVERYWHERE; peeps, houndies, jaws, trees ... Please everyone, take all of our :grouphug and :kiss2 and :chocolate and get better.

My Luna Gimme Pig is at the vet because she has an ouchie on her rear end that is being investigated and will need treatment. Of course we leave for a 10-day trip to Scotland on Sunday. If her treatment is complicated, I will board her at the vets's whilst we're gone to give my petsitter a break. Butt I am worried for my wee little old girlie :(

Miss Jennie

gallery_13080_2897_2816.jpg

Sending warm and loving hugs to all who have ever loved and lost an animal friend
Miss Jennifer, Hooman; Luna, Thelma and Louise, Gimme Pigs; Knarl and Henry, Hedgamahogs
Hedgehog Welfare Society

Miss Jennie...we hope dat da ginny piggee iz ok!

Oh, poor miss Caroline.   We are very sorree to heer dis!

How iz Misser Jim tooday?  Ah saw da Gud Morning frum Ivy an Cherry...hopefully, Miss Kaffy habz sum gud noowze fur us tooday!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Hi! HI! HI!

I got lokked in the wire boks yessirday and when Mistress came home she smelled weerd like medisin and blud! :omg I laid rite by the couch where she was all affernoon and evenink and did not snark at her when she got up. She is taking hundertlebenty pills and just swallows em rite down wiff no cheez or peenit budder doh or anything. She is doink OK today, a little hurty but that’s what sum of the pills are for. I am not supposta bash her in the face wiff my snoot.  We went for a kinda slow Wiki walkie, but at leest I got out.

Aww, poor Miss Caroline! I’ll get Mistress to rite a card cause the stamps stik to my pawpaws but I’ll put my snoot on it. I’m glad Bitzi is in good care too.

Sorry you gots to lose a whole tree Miss Noo Carol. We gots them beeg silver maples here too. Oh, I know! We’ll send you a buncha the hetlichopter seeds so you can grow up a noo tree that is a baby of our tree!

Woah, lookit that fancee bildin Miss Vanessa werks in!

Miss Patsy lucked out wiff a acccommmodayshun upgrade!

Nutmeg, I toadally unnerstan bout unexpected expenses cuttin into the biskie fund. Mistress is payin a lotta monies for this manglin of her jaw. At leest you get a car out of it all.

I hope Luna gimmee pig is OK.

I wonner what kinda mush Mistress will make for luntsch. She’s already tired of mashed potatoes and eggies. I’d happily eat whatever she don’t want.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).