WFUBCC - Summertime Edition #2-212

Dat is wunnerful dat Mistress finallee got yu fuds dat meet wif yur pROOval!  We houndies habz very discriminating tastes!

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris and Lucy, given the spiders I find in my mail box I am hesitant to get a deck box. I spray inside periodically and don't mind the small and don't grow big spiders, but twice I've found black widows. Sprayed, smushed, gone!

Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz, Rita the podenco maneta
Angels: Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Hello my Friendlies!!

Gonna be two HAWT days inna row today and tamarrow with tempachoors in the 90lebendees and not cooling off much at nite.  But it's not a "heat wave" cause it's not three days long.  <_<   We'll be OK tho with our new chilly air box!!  :thumbs-up 

Oh NO!!!  Miss Caroline!!!  We hope you do NOT hafta stay in the hospital!!!  :hope 

Miss Kathy, we hope Mister Jim (who does indeed give very good huggings) is more briter and less confussled today.  :hope 

Miss Noo Carol, you give those inshooritse peeples what for!!!!  :wife

Miss Lizabeth, this is what Momma woulda saided to the refusal to get a new vakyoom:  :wife  Of course, that would assume that Momma akchooally used a vakyoom ever!!  :lol 

Miss Loosy Momma founded out that the local hardware store hazza handyman service, so she has high hopes that they will be good when she gets around to booking them!!

Good luck with the hayings, Mam!!  Everybody around here is paniking cause the spring was so rainy and there's no spring hays to be found anywhere unless it's super expensive!!!  :yikes   I think one of her FB friendlies payed, like, over a $150 for a ton of hay squares.  Usually it costs half that or less.

Miss Ducky!!!  WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT SPIDERS!!!!  :shakefinger   ( :lol ) 

Momma's new lektrical thingies should be here today so we mite finally get our innerwebs routers switched out.  At least the ishoo we were having with no speeds seems to have gone away since the outage last week.  :dunno  Momma thinks maybe it was a sunspot causing trubbles with the grid.  :dunno 

Wishings for a methodical Munderday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Miss Lucy, yay! for contractors that say what they do and do what they say!

If Misser Richard does vacuum the carpet, remember --- pics or it never happened1! :lol

New developments in the tree/roof saga.  I'm really sick of this.  (Deep breath.)  No call from claims this morning to schedule the removal.  Called my agent and he said go ahead and get it done yourself, call this guy.  Guy didn't answer, left a message.  Then a young man pulled up outside the house and came in the yard to look at the roof.  He went back to his car and sat there so I went outside and stood where he could see me.  He finally got out and came to talk to me.  Turns out his company was contacted by Timber Warriors to remove the limb and he was scoping it out.  I'd had enough at this point and unloaded the whole furious story on this poor guy!  He was very sympathetic and understanding.  He'd thought that it just happened, didn't know any of the story.  Called my agent back, in his presence, to ask what he thought I should do.  He said to do whatever I felt comfortable with.  His reference had not called me back so I said a bird in the hand is better than two in the bush.  I talked to the contractor a little while longer and he and his company seem to be legit and trustworthy.  Found out that they had been contacted today for the first time ever to do work for the insurance contractor.  Guess they weren't kidding about not having anyone to call.  I told him I'd take a chance, was looking forward to seeing the crews tomorrow morning and would be nicer to him from now on.  A bit later the insurance contractor called to tell me someone (she wouldn't say who) would be here tomorrow morning.  I didn't let on that I knew all about it and had checked out the company.  She was full of apologies and excuses for all the screwups.  Be so glad when this is done.  Hope the roofing job goes more smoothly.  Oh, yeah, I still might lose that whole big tree, it might be too weakened now.  I won't have any shade on the roof at all if I do.  :crying

Miss Noo Carol

Oh Boy, Miss NOO Carol!  Mama sez her bluds preshures went up juss reeding dat!

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Running frew before Ma blows up!

She says she is done collecting da ebidence, and has majority organized.  She gots piles ob papers from one end ob da house to da other.  Sure glad it is so hot that the doors are shut.  Ifn dey was open, a wind would send dese papers eberywhere.  Me and Heart is being good and not usin dem papers for absorbers.  We goes outside as we not puppies no more.  So we is bein good puppers.  Our guests were picked up by Auntie Pat and delibered to camp Robbie.  Ifn dat Booby was here, hims would definately play with da papers.

Oh, we is sorry that nasty tree is still rooted to your roof.  Gots our paws crossed dat da new guy will keep hims word.

Misser Richard, since you are a sucking machine ob death expert, would you be available to NOT chase us around?  That is a good human.

Spiders????  No way, no how.  Ick!!!  Ma sprays da heck out ob dem ifn she finds them.  We gots them widders ones and dees huge bananamma spiders.  Their webbies is sometimes ober 6 feets across.  And dey like to build fast!

We is spose to get to 106 today and tomorrow.  Then, mayhaps a liddle rain ober da weekend to cool us off to 99.  Yeah right!

Ma is kicking me off, Later my friendlies.

Tiller

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Looking for news of Jim and find that Caroline is now on the injured list.

:(   Hope you have better luck getting seen at the ER than Pap did last week and that there’s nothing really serious going on :goodluck

An excess of hay has been unload and stacked. Still 2 fields to round bale.  Knot sure what we’re going to do with it all. It’s an extra good year.  Sorry hay is knot to plentiful elsewhere.  Such is the ebb and flow of farming…

I’ll be back later for updates on the sickies… I have to read the extra detailed email about Joshis flight and arrival :)

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos).   Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKMwinter.jpg

Fancy Too, it definitely does raise the blood pressure.  Makes you pace the floor and make lots of heated phone calls too!

Tiller, I hope he does that also.  He seemed to understand the situation without a lot of explanation, so there is hope.  

Now I need to light a fire under the adjuster to provide a repair estimate and a check!  

Miss Mam, that is so true.  It seems that the US and Canada trade years of plentiful hay.  I know the farmers here on the plains are always so grateful when we have droughts and Canadian farmers send truckloads of it to us to feed our cattle.  Thank you, O!Canada!!

Miss Noo Carol

Today's Jim report: 

This morning when I arrived he was sleeping peacefully and the nursing assistant said that he slept all night.   When he woke up later this morning, he wanted to know where the dogs were since I was with him. (although he couldn't remember their names until I reminded him).  I told him they were with Cameron and Amanda, he wanted me to remind him of their dog's names.  Then he was asking very appropriate questions, carried on a perfectly lucid conversation with me, and said "I love you Babe" and gave me a kiss.  :yay :yay :yay    It was like a light switch was finally switched on in his head!  :yay :yay :yay     I asked to speak with his doctor again (he and his team of residents had been here earlier this morning) and he came to the room within a few minutes.    We had a long discussion and tomorrow he wants to do a plasmaphoresis procedure which will help him along by flushing all of the toxins that are in his plasma and preserving his red cells, white cells and T-cells (they are the cells that killed off his tumor).   His first treatment is tomorrow morning at 7:30.  

I called later and talked to his nurse- she said he now remembered Ivy and Cherry's names, and he knew it was July and he knew he was in the hospital due to negative side effects of his immunotherapy drug.   OMG,  that makes my eyes leak! 

Kathy

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Oh, no, Miss Caroline!  We hope you will be okay!  We are sendin you lotsa good thots. 

An how is Misser Jim?  Oh, I see there is sum good noos!  We are happy an enkuraged.

Oh, Miss Noo Carol....

Well, I am knot doin so good ether.  I hab to go pee alla thyme.  Like kinda ebery ower, an sumthymes I hab to go inna howse. I hab my check-up appt. when we get back frum Grapehounds, but Mom an Dad are wurried.  We dont know whot the vet wood do if we tried to go erlier, sinse the meds hab bin keepin my toomer frum growin.  An now if the meds arnt keepin the toomer frum growin....We all fink I shood do okay at Grapehounds, sinse I am wiff Mom an Dad 24/7, an I can be peein whenebber I want to.  An I loooove Grapehounds.  I am awreddy past the mediun surbibal thyme, an it haz bin pritty good, but we know it is there...an it is knot goin away.  Mom gets teery eyes just finkin abowt it.  She loves me so much.

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

:yay Ya for Jim feeling better! :yay  Kathy, I have to say that you and Jim were the most lovey dovey couple I have ever met. Just the way he always looked at you with adoring eyes. :kiss2

A friend had the plasmaphoresis procedure done for her myesthenia gravis. She said it took hours but she did feel much better.

Chris, iffin I'm knot allowed to say spider spooder, can I call hims or herms my innerwebs residents since they call my mailbox home? :D

Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz, Rita the podenco maneta
Angels: Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

Miss Kathy, I'm so happy for alla youse that Misser Jim is doing bedder! :clap

And it's also good noos that hay has bin made and tree remover spoken too! :yay

But I'm sad that Laila isn't doing so good. :(

And wortweed bout Miss Caroline and whatever is going on wiff her. :hope

I know it's a lot already but tamarra my Mistress gots to get a broken screw pulled oudda her jawbone and she's kinda skared bout it :unsure so iffne you gots any good thots left or backandforths could you do sum for her too?  Thanx!

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

Hello me freends!

Oh Misser Jim iz better and Miss Kathy got a kiss :kiss2

Owie Miss Caroline!!!! I hope yoo awr feeling bettah. Lettuce know how yoo awr!

Miss Noo Carol, finger's crossed dat awl gets resolved SOON!

Noffing noo, dis kinda hot and hoomid, so we awren't doing much right now.

Miss Ducky :lol Innerwebs

Yoor freend,

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Miss Tiller, we hopes your Momma wins her case with the county for her takses!!!  

Miss Kathy that's great news about Mister Jim!!  Maybe this next thing will finally clear out all the bad thingies in his bluds!!  :hope

Miss Noo Carol, Momma says do NOT worry about a estimate or nuthing.  If some tree cutters show up, you have em take that tree offa your roofing before they damage your house!!  :shakefinger  And take the rest of the tree before the rest of it falls down!!  You know, when our tree guys came last fall we hadda wait for a long time cause there weren't enuff doods to do the workings.  I bet you have even less tree doods in Iowa than we do here!  It's probly really hard to find and hire good ones now!

Ha!  Miss Ducky!  Momma doesn't care iffen you talk about spiders!!!  We gots lots of em all over our yard in summer and fall.  Momma is always wiping the webs offa her face and yelling about it!  One day she's gonna get a spider rite in her open mowf!!!!  :yikes

Miss Laila, we sure are sorry you aren't feeling so good!  :kiss2 When is Grapehoundies this year?

It's up to 94lebendee degrees, so not too bad.  It's pretty hawt and windy out there tho.

Later Gaters!!

:banana  AP - chilly air houndie

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Wow!!  Nobody since I postied before!!!  :eek 

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants

:coffee Good morning!

I’m hoping that Jim had a good night- he’s having his plasmaphoresis this morning so I hope it goes well :goodluck  I will see him after it is done.  backandforf please!    I’ll report back later.  Have a good day everyone!

Kathy

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

1 hour ago, Potomacpupsmom said:

:coffee Good morning!

I’m hoping that Jim had a good night- he’s having his plasmaphoresis this morning so I hope it goes well :goodluck  I will see him after it is done.  backandforf please!    I’ll report back later.  Have a good day everyone!

Kathy

This is all such good news.  I'll say extra prayers.

13 hours ago, jimsherriek said:

Misser Richard, since you are a sucking machine ob death expert, would you be available to NOT chase us around?  That is a good human.

No problem there.  I'm still waiting for him to do last week's vacuuming. 

10 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Mistress gots to get a broken screw pulled oudda her jawbone

Anyone else get a strong Rosie the Robot image there?  No?  Just me?

It's still dark out and Mummy's making me wait fur furst outs until it's light out. alligator-sm.png

Backandforf fur Misser Jim, Miss Kathy, and Miss Jerilyn.  :hope

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

:coffee

Lotsa backanforfs today for Jim & Kathy, Caroline, and for Jerilyn gettin' unscrewed today.

tiny hada siggy.png

:coffee   almost gone.  I have nothing on my agenda this morning so I may just have another :D

:yay    Jim

No news from Caroline :dunno

:(   Laila :hope

:goodluck  Sherrie

:omg  Jerilyn

It’s been raining since late last night so the round bales will be very wet :(    They do have mesh wrap on them which does offer some protection. Pap got 15 into the loft last night but he’ll wait until Friday to bring up the last 5.    Now we just have to find someone to buy the rest.  

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos).   Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKMwinter.jpg

Gud Toesday! Sunny and hoomid agin. Mom gotta run downtown for da safety inspection. Dey are gonna fail agin, but mebee it'll kick da building owner into action.

FInkin gud thoughts for all da sickneseses, hurties, and owies owt dere.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Ooooh, Miss Chris, a hardware store wif a handyman service!  That sounds wonderful. :yay
The next big thing here is that owr elderly deck need replacing.  Auntie Ann werks wif a couple ob guys who are avid DIYer and kinda compete wif each other about who does the best and hardest projects. :lol  They actually recommended a company for deck building that the Old Girls plan to use.  

Miss Noo Carol, I do so hope that today is the day that your big limb on the roof will be gone.  I hab been so focused on the roof that I hadn't thought about the tree. It would be heartbreaking to lose a nice big shade tree.  Ma says that the thing to do is to call a certified arborist.  This will be someone who knows how to save a tree if it's savable. :kiss2 Ma used to get so annoyed wif the folks where she werked 'cuz when they wanted to save trees they just called "a tree service"--down here, that's anyown with a ladder and a chain saw. <_<  What they ended up with were a bunch ob topped trees that had to be removed in the end anyway when, if they'd just called an arborist, ma is convinced that all the lost trees could hab been saved.

Spiders (sorry Miss Chris)--Ma loved an old call in show on PBS radio called "Got Bug?" where you could talk wif entomologists from Clemson.  They always said that it was difficult to control spiders wif sprays because they walk around on their itty bitty teeny tiny spider tippy toes and don't really get much exposure to the insecticide. No Ma thinks ob spiders and sees liddle prissy tip toe walking things. :lol:  They said that the best way to get rid ob spiders was to disturb them by sweeping them and their webs away often.  They'd move to avoid the botheration. Howeber, it's hard to do that in mailboxes and deck boxes.

Go get 'em, Miss Sherry! :wife

:grouphug and :confetti for Miss Kathy's good news and Mister Jim's improvement.  Ma's eyeballs are leaking as well.  This is such heartening news.  That treatment to his blood that flushes aout the bad stuff and leaves the good parts sounds excellent. That "I love you Babe" made Ma leak big time.  What a wonderful thing for Miss Kathy to hear.

Laila, I'm sorry the frequent peeing is happening.  I'm glad you get to go to Grape Hounds since you and your folks all lub it.  We'll worry about after Grape Hounds later. :kiss2

Wiki, I remember that Mistress was worrying about how the screw removal would go.  Ob course I'll backandforth and backandforth for her tomorrow. :kiss2

Worrying about Miss Caroline and hoping that she is getting the care she needs. :kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Lots ub happenings wif da hoomans heer in da club!

Miss Caroline!!  Are yu OK?

Miss Jerilyn....dat hurts mama juss finkin abowt it.

We are frilled to heer da Misser Jim had a gud nite an will backanforthbackanforthbackanforth to heer how dat treetment goze.

Miss NOO Carol, do KNOT weer owt yur rugs pacing.

Tiller - do KNOT moob doze papers on yur mama....ah bet dat wud make her use salty tawk an ebberyfing!  Try  to stay cool!!

Laila....we hope yu are ok!!..

Mama habz a swollen ankle.  Dudley wuz chacing burds an did KNOT see her sunday affernoon juss beefor she left NOO Jersey an took her owt at da ankle.  She went down like a flat pancake an herd a beeg pop in her ankle.  It got reel swollen an hurt lots - but she cud put wates on it, so she figures it wuz KNOT broken.  She tuk wun ub daddy's ankle braces and socked it on befur da drive home.  It iz dowing OK, but still swollen, but like a DOOFUS, affer being smarter yesserday an weering flat shooz to wurk, tooday she put on a skurt an shooz wif a heel...it felt gud inishiallee, but now she iz regretting it.   It iz nuffin serious, but she iz beeting herownself up fur her shoo choice stOOpidity.

:wave

Miss Kathy, so good to hear that Misser Jim is better.  I hope the trend continues and he's back home with his girls soon.  Hope the procedure goes well today.  

Laila, I hope you can go to Grapehounds, dear sweet girl.  Your mama will do what is best for you.  She does love you very much.

Miss Jerilyn, that does sound scary.  I hope everything goes well and that you do well afterward.  Wiki will be a most effective nurse in any event.  Bak'n'forf'n'bak'n'forf'n'bak'n'forf for you.  

Miss Robin, sorry you have a hurty ankle.  Don't wear any heels for a while, 'K?  

I agree about the standing tree, Miss Lucy.  I'll have an arborist take a look at it.  

Well.  I'm disappointed.  This latest tree company that insurance hired called this morning to reschedule.  They must teach this as a technique in Tree School.  Now he says they'll be here this afternoon.  I believe I have heard that before.  ::SIGH::  

Miss Noo Carol

We are backanforfing fer Misser Jim!

An Miss Caroline, are you awrite?

Yikes, Miss Robin!  Si, I gess it is knot brokin, but that still sownds qwite sirius.

Miss Chris, we are leebin on Mundy the 18th---soon!  The ebent starts fer erly burds on Toosday, then the mane ebent is Fursday welcome party inna ebenin, then the tents on Fryday an Satiddy at the host whinery, then a walk to a waderfall on Sundy mornin.  We do eberyfing cept knot the waderfall.  Mebbe Mom an me an Kiva shood do it this yeer, if we are abel. 

Fanks fer the good thots, an Mom fanks you too.  She shoodnt wurry abowt fings afore they happin, si? 

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown