WFUBCC - Summertime Edition #2-212

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaaaaahn!  Hi to all me friendlies!  Me woke up to find Ma had abandoned da puter so me snuck on.

It is berry boring here.  With da heats turned up to da 100+ decrees, it is too hot to go out or run around or eben to bug Ma.  It eben too hots to sunbath.  Dat is just not rite.

Ma been sprinklin da yard to keep dem crispy grasses from dyin completely.  Dis is da dryist longest time me eber remember.  Ma eben totes waters by da gallon to gibs da liddle trees drinks since da sprinklers done run long enough without supervision.  And we all know herbs mind is easily sidetracked to trust.

We gots a call from da next camp that Gummy and Boobie is going to until their folks get back from O Cananda.  Me going to miss Gummy.  She is a real good girl and has wound Ma right around herbs little paw.  Did eye tell you she is a little squirt for a greyhoundie??  Herbs is just so tiny, eben smaller than a houndie named Tiny that used to libs here.

Me and Boobie had a go at da neighbors barky barky frew da fence.  Boy did Ma yell at us and eben got dat squirty bottle and let fly at us to get us to stop yellin.  We was just talkin smack!  No contact.  Sigh, Boobie and eye could be cut from da same cloth Ma says.  Dumb boys!!!  What????  Me thinks we been insulted.

Sending many healing good thoughts to Misser Jim.   Miss Kathy, we is sending you lots ob patience and strength!

Oh, seberal ob our friends is on vacation!  That sounds like such fun.  Enjoy yourselbes and come home safely.

Miss Nancy 2 that is just wrong ob dat contractor to leabs you hanging.  Hope dem gets der and remobes dat tree.

Pap, is your ticker stayin conberted?  Ryker, hope your new home will make you happy and gibs you da hexercize you need to keep da tickles out ob your hoovies.

Pretty flowers!

Miss Ducky gets some freedom from herbs restrictibe bannage.  Now don't you lik lik dem snitches.

Paris, eye hears you friend about dem fluffies.  As soon as eye start loosing me svelt, Ma cuts my kibbles until she can see me riblets again.  Oye!  Starvin houndies by der humans is cruel.  Am eye right friends?

Oh oh, here comes she dat hogs da puter.  Gotta run and grab a comfy bed again.

Bye for now,

Tiller

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014

Checking in to see how things are going for Mr Jim.  Kathy I am sorry to hear about his setback. I hope he improves tonight & tomorrow

Miss New Carol should I ask if the tree guys showed or is the answer no. What a mess for you.

Mom's dinner is ready so I am off to beg , Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Hola!  Well, the yard sale is ober fer now.  An we did okay.  We were hopin to earn a car paymint, but we dint qwite make that.  But it wuz still pritty good, an much bedder then last yeer.  An it wuz so much fun to hab it inside!  I got to come down to bisit a cupple thymes.  We will just keep it up fer a wile, an if we wanna hab annudder, it will be eazy! Mom comes home tommorra.

Whot beeyoutiful flower pics!

Miss Kathy, we are so sorry Misser Jim is not doin as good as he wuz before. :grouphug

Laila Mariposa

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Oy gevalt!!

Thanks for asking, folks!

Second  verse, same as the first!!!  It's 4:30 and there is nary a sign of a tree-cutting person.  :headwall  The place that schedules them closes at 5 on Saturday so I riteawaykwik called them.  Lady called me back so say they've lost the crew. :rofl They last heard from them this morning when they reported the flat tire.  They haven't had contact since then.  She says they are concerned for their welfare.  Hmpf!  I am not believing this fanciful story.  :dunno  They will try (Do! There is no 'try'!) to find another company near me.  I suggested that I could do that myself but there were no takers.  Hmm.  Now . . Monday's forecast says severe storms with damaging wind and heavy rain.  :yikes  You can bet the next time I need emergency service I won't ask the insurance company for it!

That's it in a nutshell.  Took about 1/2 hour and 2 burritos for it to get funny.  My arm is still sore and now it itches, too.  Acht!

I'm keeping Miss Kathy and Pap in my thoughts.  I know how difficult it is.  Pretty flower pictures, Merc.  Miss Nancy, glad the yard sale went pretty well.  Tiller, good to hear from you, be careful of this heat.

:bighugto all. 

Miss Noo Carol

Finally! Finally my Mistress got the messidge and bot me a noo kinda kibbles. And I eat two whole scoops wiff juss sum wadder in one minit. :chow Then she smooch me and smash me and say, "I'm sorry you stoopid pikky dog!"

I now feel bad for waiting so long to change. I guess I was hesitant since she does so well on the Bright Mind and I trust Purina and there are so many other brands. Fromm is my next go to but I still hold a grudge that they almost killed Lila and I didn't like their response to the cardiomyopathy thing.  Anyway Fromm Gold it is for now. I think we've probably all struggled to get a dog to eat at some point, so you know my relief tonight.

And in addishun to foods I'll aktually eat, I got long Wiki walkie in the forrist this mornink. I did get lokked in the wire boks for a bit, but it's bin good day for Wiki.

I'm sorry Misser Jim had a bit of a set back. I'm shore it's termpoorary.

But Miss Ducky's hand is bedder and Laila had a good sale!

Miss Mam, it's too bad Kaila doesn't reelize she's got a good thin wiff Ryker but I know you'll do what's bestest for him. I'm glad Pap's zap werked.

Oh Miss Noo Carol, I'm sad and mad for you that there is still a tree on your house. Mayhaps these "flat tire" peeple are the same folks who started Miss Loosy's werk then disaparted.

We like alla garden pitcers as always.

Wiki :ph34r

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

2 hours ago, boopieface said:

A friend is going camping near a marshy area and it was suggested that she bring bug spray. Any suggestions on what she could use around her greyhounds?

The only natural repellant proven to work is lemon eucalyptus. I wouldn't put it on the dog directly, but it seems to keep the mosquitos out of the general area when I use it on myself. I have a Cutter brand one. 

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

We gots a feelin dat Kaila mite be gettin sum "meen girlin" at skool and don't want to be seen as a "horse girl". Berry difficult being a teen gurl, Mom sez.

Wiki, dat iz greet! You get what YOO want.

Miss Noo Carol, if dey REALLY cared, dey wuld habs called da po-po to locate da croo. 

Well, we got sum rain and thunnerboomin. Itz nice to get rain, but not all at once!

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

5 minutes ago, Jerilyn said:

The only natural repellant proven to work is lemon eucalyptus. I wouldn't put it on the dog directly, but it seems to keep the mosquitos out of the general area when I use it on myself. I have a Cutter brand one. 

She can use a spray on baby bug spray on both her dogs and herself.  I think they also have a canine bug spray out there.  If she just wants it for herownself, she can use anything - just let it dry thoroughly before interacting with the dogs.

It's important to keep mosquitos away from the dogs due to the risk of heartworm transmission.

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

Hello Miss Margo!!  Thanks for dropping in and helping out!!  :wave 

That's all from here for today my Friendlies!!

Kibble kisses and Buddy Bisket dreams!!

NITEY NITE!!

:nappy   Andipants

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

:coffee Good morning

i’ll be heading up to the hospital after church this morning so I will be a little later than before- I hope he had a better night last night!

Kathy

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

12 hours ago, ScootersMom said:

Lady called me back so say they've lost the crew. :rofl They last heard from them this morning when they reported the flat tire.  They haven't had contact since then. 

ca1a20_f2d12d669d374321856f2e01deb0a9dd~    ca1a20_a6915d1404c040068a36b84f475ee7a6~

12 hours ago, Jerilyn said:

Finally! Finally my Mistress got the messidge and bot me a noo kinda kibbles. And I eat two whole scoops wiff juss sum wadder in one minit. :chow Then she smooch me and smash me and say, "I'm sorry you stoopid pikky dog!"

Me, too!!!!!

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

GUd nawt as hawt Sunnyday! We are continuin to think gud thoughts for all owr hurts and aches and sicknessesesess.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

:wave

Good point, Miss Vanessa.

Well, here I am, waiting again.  The claims contractor called me back last night to say she had found a contractor that would be here between 7 and  12:30.  She also said if it gets hot today they won't come.  :dunno  This is such a load of mule muffins!

Wiki, I think these people just might be affiliated with Miss Lucy's disappearing landscapers. 

Miss Kathy, I hope Misser Jim is doing better when you get to the hospital.  :grouphug

Miss Noo Carol

Miss Chris, your garden is growing so beautifully!

I'm so sick of contractors that don't do what they say they will.  :angryfire  Miss Noo Carol, :nod   We soooo agree!  We're sorry that you may hab that tree on your roof even longer. :grouphug

Miss Banessa, thank you!

Hey, Tiller.  Sorry you are losing your buddy guest so soon.  We had been soo dry for soo long, butt now we are in a rainy spell.  We're getting some rain almost ebery day and hab been for well over a week. 

Laila, you got to schmooze the yard sale crowd.  Neato!  I'm glad it went well and that your setup for it can be used again.

Wiki, I'm glad you got some new food that you like!

MIss Kathy, I'm sorry Mister Jim had a badder day yesterday. We are praying for him and keeping you bof in owr hearts. :kiss2

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Hello my Friendlies!!

Getting sunnings today rite from the get-go, so Daddy is happy and off for his morning non-Wiki-Walkie!!

Miss Loosy, did you ever find any handi-peeples to do your chorings??

Oh yah!!  Miss Laila that's so neato you got some munnies for all the stuff lefted behind!!!  :thumbs-up 

Miss Noo Carol, what kinda crappy homeowning inshoorintse do you gots????  :dunno  That's nutso!!  Boy, Momma would be sooooooooooo mad!!!!

Miss Wiki, I am glad that you gots a food you like now!  Momma has still been finding our foods OK, but the price has really gone up and up and up lately.  Momma is glad it's just me and Flizzie eating it now so a big bag lasts a long time.  Hekk!!  A smaller bag lasts a long time for us too!!  At least Momma is happy that I am eating my regular meals right up again!!  She's gonna try and see if I will eat my carrits today.  I am NOT saying if I will I or not!!!  :ph34r 

Miss Kathy we :hope  Mister Jim is doing more betterer today.  Momma bets it was the stressing of the move from one place to anuther that gived him a set backing yesserday.  Today *will* be better!!

Well, Momma tried to switch out our old modem yesserday.  She got all the books offa the bookshelf and the bookshelf moved out and all the dusting bunnies sweeped up and all the other cords outta the way.  Then she discovered the new power cording didn't have anyplace to plug in to the outlet cause there was already too many things there.  So she's gotta get new multiple pluggings and reconfigure where everything's plugged in on that wall!!!  

Tho she did get the spray foam sprayed around the new chilly air box yesserday!!  Now the bugs can't get throo the crackings and the air can't get outta the house!!  And she put together her new air blower so now she can blow the needles and dead tree parts offa the dekk really fast and easy!!  And it's small so it's not so loud and annoying.  

Does anybody use a dekk box to keep stuff dry on their dekk??  Momma wants to know if they really work to keep stuff inside dry and the bugs outside???

Wishings for a sanctifying Sunnyday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

AndiPants, I have American Dysfunctional Family.  For now.  We'll see.  I see a conversation with the agent in my future.  The contractor lady called me about noon to say that the crew was on a job that was taking longer than expected and wouldn't likely be there today.  I'm shocked!! :blink: Once again. she promised to call me when a crew was available.  And yes, I am pretty frosted! 

Miss Kathy, continuing good thoughts for you and Misser Jim.  Hope he is settling in okay and getting oriented again..  

Hooray for getting the little things done that make life better.  

I've been reading Battle Hymn of the Tiger Mother to escape my predicament and will be visiting the library soon to take a peek at some of the Tim Dorsey books. 

I am getting nothing done -- like Heisenberg, I currently can either know where I am or how fast I'm going, but not both.  

Miss Noo Carol

Hello me freends!

Rough day yesstirday, butt furst lemme catch up.

We hope Misser Jim is betterer today

We use esseshul oil fur da bugs on owr fur. Werks ok, butt we still git sum bites here and dare. Citrus and odder oils I can't rememberer. Dis a mix especially fur us animuls and fur bugs!

Beautimous flowers Miss Chris! We do knot git as much flowers as you! 

On Friday me momma-bear'sisser got into da horsepuddle ondaaccountda she hadda fever. Den da next day we hadda dogsit herown dog, Aku. Him iz bery active, so we got bery tired. Den she wuz A-OK to get out and pick him up. Boy were we glad dat he didn't spend more time. We like him butt him iz a handful compared to us dignified (well knot Zorro del galgo, him is knot dignified) houndies.

Here is us after a mere 5 minits :

290898027_1186357938602803_2810652205104

Yoor freend,

Charlie

Edited by locket

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Charlie, dat sounds eggzostifying.

Miss Noo Carol dat sounds :angryfire

Mummy wuz werking on hur :twd: vacuum.  Dare wuz much salty talk inbobled.  Me? I stayed on de couch whayre  I belong. :nod

Poor Euphelia isn't holding a charge anymore so I thought I'd replace the battery.  I found lots of videos showing how to do it easy-peasy.  Excepppppppppppppt. The back of my Eufy didn't look like theirs.  I have an older model which does not have a separate panel for the battery compartment.  You have to dismantle the whole thing, including lifting up the motherboard. :eek   They guy in the video (17 minutes long, not 2) got it alldone to find out his wife had ordered the wrong battery (mine is an 11+ not 11s).  I went back and checked the one in my Amazon cart.  Sure enough, it said 11 and 11s, not 11+.  Their chatbot was :headwall

I asked Richard, since neither of us wants to vacuum (and it's 3500 square feet of white carpet!! :ohno ), how about we buy ourselves a new one for our anniversary on Friday?  Nope.  Fine, you do the vacuuming. :POed

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

We are DUN wibs all dis rain. And da funnerboomers. Blech.

Miss Elizabeth and Merc:  Yes it is infuriating but other than be a total pesto on the phone there isn't much I can do.  Unfortunately I was dumb enough to sign an authorization form instead of saying no thanks I'll do it myself.  I thought this would be easier.  HA!!   OTOH, if I tell them to take a hike, hire someone myself, and they sue me for breach, no jury would convict me!

I went to the library, checked out Bite Me.  Finally found the Tim Dorsey books -- they are on the Mystery shelves and look interesting also.  A couple of women I know were there (a yoga instructor and a retired English teacher) and we talked for a bit. about sunrises and watching birds on the deck in the morning.  Miss Chris, I told the retired English teacher what you said about the tiny bird in your hand (a whir of feathers and a whisper of wind) and she was enchanted!  She thought, as did I, that it was a wonderfully poetic turn of phrase that painted a lovely picture.   After that I went to DQ for a turtle pecan Blizzard.  :chow

Miss Noo Carol

Jim is about the same today.  Still confused and having hallucinations.  The doctors wanted to do a few more days on the IV steroids before starting the immunoglobulin.  They said that on Saturday, so I hope they make a decision tomorrow or Tuesday at the latest.  It's so hard to see him like this!  :cry1 

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Eye am melting!  104 and not done yet.

Ma tries to make us go out and all we do is give poopy eyes and stand at da door.

gallery_14635_3193_11799.jpg

Missing our pups at the Bridge--Amandas Kelsey 03-15-1996 to 05-02-2008; Melissa May 07-17-1998 to 11-23-2009; Emily's Maggie 10-05-1995 to 05-20-2010; Flying Kendra 01-13-2003 to 02-28-2011; Izzy (Smile Please) 06-27-2002 to 03-28-2012: Senator (EF Rob Statesman) 04-30-2000 to 12-30-2013: Secret (Seperate Secrets) 04-10-2003 to 08-03-2014: Tugboat (Thugboat) 06-07-2007 to 07-27-2015; Betsy (Bee Better Now) 12-04-2004 to 07-02-2017: Dottie ( Rooftop Spottie) 08-08-2004 to 05-11-2018:Abby (WW's Dear Abby) 11/2008-08/2020: Tiny (Piccadilly Girl) 08/2007-10/2020:  Tiller (Kelsos Tillerson) 10/30/2018: Heart (Lions Heart) 03/08/2014