WFUBCC - Summertime Edition #2-212

It's July now and pretty much the HAWT summertime!!  The funnest time of the year for every Friendly!!  Get out your wading pools and run throo the sprinklers and roll around in the mud!!  And have your peeples take you to the beach!!  :thumbs-up 

Remember the Houndie Rules:

1 - No see, no sky, no pee

And the important one for winter:

2 -  If you see (or are standing in) snow, let it go!!

And the Humin Rules:

1 - No politicking ever!!!!  :shakefinger 

We celebrate our Friendlies joys and we support them when they're sad.  Wishings for healing riteawaykwik for any humin or houndie that needs it.  We are there for our Friendlies whatever the problem and however we can help.

Welcomings to all our Lurkers, Club Members, New Posters, and any body else that has something to contribute to the fun!  

Friendlies Fru Fik & Fin!!

Later Gaters!!

:banana   Andipants 

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:coffee Good morning!

I posted my morning greeting on the old Club then realized there wuz a noo won!

Ivy 51033670718_0c81b1b4d2_o.png 

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Posted (edited)

:coffee  I actually dreamt about the new Club.  I dreamt I was the first (FURST!!) to reply but somehow it didn't post.  Then, we were nearly through the first page before I could get anything to post.  Woe was me, in my shame, to be near the bottom of the first page.  :rofl 

Oops, just went back to read the last page of the old Club.  Kathy, I'm sorry they're moving Jim.  That will KNOT be convenient.  :hope

I love Carl Hiaasen books.  Then, I discovered Timmy Dorsey.  I describe him as Carl Hiassen on speed.  And they take place in Florida!

Christopher Moore - I liked Blood Sucking Fiends: A Love Story.

Edited by Mercsmom

gallery_27202_3534_9390.jpg

Missing my heart dog Liberty, the world's best blackngreylabhound

Hey im on da furst page!!!

Miss Kathy, I hope Misser Jim will knot stay too long... It wulda been so much bettah ifn he stayed near hisown house and you...Butt yoo awr a wonnerful lady and yoo got our support fur da marathon day!

Yoor freend,

Charlie

23786382928_141eff29e1.jpg
Cynthia, with Charlie (Britishlionheart) & Zorro el Galgo
Captain Jack (Check my Spots), my first love

Gud (just abowt) morning frendz.

I howp Pap gets hiz ticker tick-tocking proplee veree suun and Missr. Jim’s moov iz short and sweet and Ducky’s hand heels up kwik kwik and Miss. Noo Carol’s roof keeps upp the gud wurk wiv that tree branch.

Getting hot and sunnee heer.

Fanks fower the nyoo Club AndyPandy.

Wagz to awl mi frendz,

Nutmeg.

Miss "England" Carol with Chancey - (Goosetree Chance) and whippet lurcher Nutmeg

R.I.P. Bluegrass Banjoman. 25.1.2004 - 25.5.2015 and Ch. Sleepyhollow Aida. 30.9.2000 - 10.1.2014.

:coffee

Pap finally got zapped around 8 last night and was home by 10.  The ER was packed and so short staffed.

We’re sending good thoughts to Jim and Kathy.

I better go back to the old club to catch up…..

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos).   Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKMwinter.jpg

:coffee going for my first duckiwalki since surgery. hand is better, just some overnight swelling. backanforfing for jim today. Hoping Pap's tictocker behaves now.

Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella), Lulu the podenco andaluz, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels: Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

TGIF! Mom iz off to werk in a foo. Hopin for much improved and healin peeple tuday.

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

Ah fink ah achuallee made da furst page fur da furst time ebber!  JJ used to, but ah habz KNOT!

Fanks fur da NOO club!

Miss Lizbeff, dat iz too funnee dat yu are dreeming abowt it.

gallery_22387_3315_35426.jpg

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge
The WFUBCC honors our beautiful friends at the bridge. Godspeed sweet angels.

Heading to Baltimore......

winter siggy breeze And beka Ivy And halo

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

Oh, Miss kaffy...best witches.

Robin, EZ (Tribal Track), JJ (What a Story), Dustin (E's Full House) and our beautiful Jack (Mana Black Jack) and Lily (Chip's Little Miss Lily) both at the Bridge

Kathy sorry they moved Jim .  I hope he is a  lot better today  HUGS 

Mam glad Pap made it home last night.,

Miss Ducky glad your hand is doing better today

So I stop by later, take care all Bitzi 

gallery_19924_3574_6591.jpg

Caroline, Mom to Daphne (49B-50215) and Penny (41D-55779)
Remembering Bridge Angels Margo and Sabrina

Hi Bitzi.  Hope yu are dowing well!

:wave  I'm working on getting kotched up.  Ma hadda werk yesterday for her old job and she's having to do that again today.  Plus they've had the handyman and his son here doing o me odds and ends. 

Miss Kathy, that new NIH doc wif experience in trials ob Mister Jim's medications seeing him is a real boon!  Her news that his symptoms are knot terribly unusual and that they improve wif time is wonderful!  :yay  I'm sorry he's getting moved farther from you and home, though. :kiss2

Miz Ducky, I'm glad you are home and that you get the choice of icing it wif either stromberry or chocolate!

I'm glad Pap got things sorted out wif his ticker.

We got 6" of rain in the last 4 days. :wow  Boy does the grass need mowing, if it would just dry out. :lol  Ob course, that rain came wif lots ob thunder and I was most distressed about that.  Rescue Remedy, that seemed to help wif the firewerks, did nuffin' much for me wif the thunder. 

Nate

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

The guys are here to fix the screens on the lanai. One of the guys on the ladder is Richard’s age. I’m staying near a phone in case I have to call 911.  📞 

Hello my Friendlies!!

Morning cloudings affernoon sunnings again.  :sowhat 

Miss Kathy, good luck today!!  We hope the move does not set back Mister Jim's recovering and getting more betterer!!!  :hope 

How'd the walkie go Miss Ducky??  Are you doing things left handed OK??

Yes, Miss Bitzi!!  How are YOU doing today??

Miss Lizabeth, I think you gots a thing with ladders!!  :lol 

Hey Miss Nutmeg!!  :wave  Are you going for anuther walkie in the forest today??

Mister Nate you mite need a diffrent solushun for thunnerboomers than what works for fireworkings.  Do you have a thunner shirt??  Or some CeeBeeDee??  HEY!!!!  Miss Loosy!!  You are retireded now!!!!  :shakefinger 

hey Mister Charlie!!  :wave 

:yay for Pap's heart getting zapped!!   :yay   Does that sound rite????  :unsure

HAI MISS PATSY!!!!  :wave 

If the sunnings ever start we mite spend some time out on the dekk sunbaffing a little.  That's what's on the skedool for today!

Wishings for a fantastikal Friedday for all my Friendlies!!

BYE-EEE!!!

:rivethead   Andipants

Chris - Mom to: Lilly, Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

35764734494_93de5b5963_b.jpg

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom

How frustrating that Jim got transferred.  Yea for Pap's heart behaving itself now.  Ducky, do knot chew your bandage--that gauze is hell on your teeth and gets stuck in them.

I am inordinately pleased to report that yesterday DH and I hiked--well sauntered actually--about half a mile along the McDonald Creek Trail. A nice Italian lady who was a volunteer host at the foot of the Avalanche Lake Trail a couple days ago told us about it. Not a busy trail and relatively smooth since it was partly paved. Just the thing for a gimp using hiking sticks. My goal for the day was "I want to see beauty" and it was definitely met. 😍

gallery_14387_3165_6886.jpg

Patsy and DH with the Humane Society specials, Linus & Jazz, in North Dakota

I do not know about y'all, but TGIF!  It has been an eventful week around here and I am glad for a hopefully less hectic couple of days - at least Guest will not be stuck behind a computer for hours and hours on end!  

We are glad to hear that Pap was successfully zapped and hope that he is doing well today.  

We are really sorry to hear about Missr Jim's continued struggles and that he is now headed to Baltimore.  Miss Kathy, we have you both in our thoughts!  :grouphug 

Yikes about your roof!  We have lost some smaller trees and loads of big branches over the past week, but nothing landed on any structure.  Whew!  

Paris and I had our yearly checkup on MoneyDay, which is very aptly named after THAT appointment!  Stabbings and blood lettings and exams for two dogs is VERY pricey!  

Anyway, my bloods show that my kidney values only got a little worse, which is good, but my albumin levels made a big jump, which suggest PLE.  She changed one of my mediations and will re-test in one month to see how things look.  Guest does not want to do anything really stressful for me as I will be 13 in a month.  I may get B12 injections or not.  I have also lost my winter weight, which apparently is worrisome in a dog but a good thing for two-leggers.  Go figure!  I am also getting a little trazadone at night and that makes me less pant-y, which is a good thing, too.  I have young cataracts and Guest thinks it makes me stressed in the dark.  I like having her fret over me, so I am KNOT telling her a thing!  I am liking brunch instead of brekkie, though.  That makes :brushteeth :crazy but Guest doesn't like brekkie, either, so he is going to just let that go.  Good thing they are home most of the time!

Now, I am going to let Paris tell about her visit because it is ROOD to talk about someone's weight, amirite?  Anyways, my friends, have a great FriedDay! 

TTFN

Miss Fancypants :star 

cHarlie, chaRlie!  I am so sad because you mite not wanna be my fren like no moor!  I wented to the vet ladee like this week and gotted my bluds stolled, and my feets and leggies awl pooshed and pooled, and I hadda stand onna medal floor, over and over again!  I got on like da furst time and mama looked at it and toll the lady dat dere is like sumfing RONG with that floor becuz it was gibbing nummers that are NOT RITE.  Ennyways, I hadda stand on it FOR TIMES and it did not change!  I way almost da same as Fancy!  I hafta D I E wiff a T!  mama habs been saying that I am floofier den I shud be but I don't wanna go on menny walkies because my toe is awl herty and I HATE habbing to ware a boot!  But, she seyd she did not realize that I was like eben moor floofy than she thot.  Now, my brekkie and dinner awr like smaller.  mama seyd dat is so I will get like smaller.  Harumph.  mama was telling me dat I wud get lesser fud and the vet ladee juss laffed and toll the teck person dat chunky greyhounds are what uther dogs shud look like and da tecky person got a kwik class on greyhound fisseek.  

Ennyways, iffn yu do not heer frum me, pleese no dat yu awr like one of my bestest frens, and dat I prolly juss dissapeered frum lack of fud.  

Yur fren, 

Paris :yikes Bueller  :bounce2  hoo needs to be moor bouncey so she ken get less floofy!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Yay, Miss Patsy!  Guest is all kinds of jealous.  She is in PT for her leg and hasn't been able to do much now for almost a month!  She is absolutely horrible to be around right now!  :rofl  They won't even let her ride her bike because they know she has problems following directions.  You don't say :rotfl 

But it sounds like you are progressing well!  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

Hola!  Mom is wiff the Westies, Archie an Zoey now, but she will be back arownd dinner thyme to help Dad a liddle moore.  He got alla the bockses unpacked, an tabels up, but there is moore stuff upstares.  He thot he wood bring it down, but I dont fink he will.  He wuz moanin an groanin, an I know he rilly herts.  Mom will take stuff down if he wants her to.  This is killin him. :( He did deside to do it tho.  Just hope he rests up afferwerds.  He duznt hab to take it down rite away---if eber---so that is good.  He did say it wuz ahhsum to hab a kewl AC room last nite!

Oh, Miss Kathy, we are sorry you now hab to dribe an ower each way sted ob habbin Misser Jim close.  Hope he gets grate care there, an can come home soon!

Miss Patsy, you are makin progriss!  Is grate that you had a nise hike,

Fancy, it is wunnerful to heer frum you.  We are sorry abowt yer bluds, tho.  Bet you are glad yer parints can be home wiff you moore now.  An Paris!  Jus how floofy are you?  You hab to loose sum pownds.  Hope they dont starb you to deff!

Wow, Miss Lucy, that is a LOT ob rayne!

Laila Mariposa

Oh, pee ess---Mom wants to know if innybuddy else is seein a lot ob those young spotted lantern flies.  We hab a ton ob them!:weep Mom is bery upsit abowt this.  She kills em ebery thyme she can, but they are tricky liddle bugs.  They are fast!  She killed abowt 9 yestiddy.  She is afrayd that they will grow up an we will hab a horribel infestashun ob the big adults.  Is there inny way to kill em?

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina, Kiva and Laila
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

I'm dogsitting and it's nice to have 2 in the house again! Wanna see him? He wants to play with Summer but he keeps putting his paw on her and she growls at him. His name is Taka and he's 3

May be an image of dog

Missing KC Kitty 2000-2016

Missing Myka and part of my heart 2006-2020

3 hours ago, greysmom said:

Miss Lizabeth, I think you gots a thing with ladders!!  :lol 

No, my husband has a thing about fallig off them. :hehe

Boo! for Baltimore

Yay! for Patsy