what kibble is on your shelves in your neck of the woods?

Yup, gas, baby formula and now dog food are all adding to the daily grind of trying to exist in 2022.

I've been serving purina products for quite a few years first Proplan chicken/rice, Sport and now Purina One beef small bites. first i noticed the products were out of stock at chewy so I ordered twice thru amazon at the standard price of $41 for 31#. recently i went to place an order and it was up to $78 for 31#!!!! on my return trip to NY from the Dakotas I scored 2 bags at the Bay City Tractor supply stores for $45! The sport was close to $80 for 50# an increase of nearly $25!!

So, what are you serving these days that may not have been affected by the greed or really the shortage of raw materials(??) as a result of the pandemic or the brave new world we now exist in? I have 2-3 months of kibble stored in a cool dry place purchased at a reasonable price, but that like the $2.xx price for a gallon of gas is most likely gone but not forgotten.

Non-prescription for Lulu, Rita, and Howie: Purina One Lamb & Rice. When I get it at the base commissary it was $17 for the 17 lbs bag. Now it's $22. If I get it at Walmart it's $27. I keep at least 2 unopened bags on hand. There were scattered weeks where Walmart was wiped out of all dog food, even Old Roy.

Prescription renal food for Hada and Georgie comes from Chewy. Price hasn't gone up too much and I've had no problem getting it.
I get their Rx canned at Petsmart now, still about $50 for 12 cans.

Freshy (Droopys Fresh), NoAh the podenco orito, Rita the podenco maneta, Howie the portuguese podengo maneto
Angels:  Lila, the podenco, Mr X aka Denali, Lulu the podenco andaluz, Hada the podenco maneta, Georgie Girl (UMR Cordella),  Charlie the iggy,  Mazy (CBR Crazy Girl), Potato, my mystery ibizan girl, Allen (M's Pretty Boy), Percy (Fast But True), Mikey (Doray's Patuti), Pudge le mutt, Tessa the iggy, Possum (Apostle), Gracie (Dusty Lady), Harold (Slatex Harold), "Cousin" Simon our step-iggy, Little Dude the iggy ,Bandit (Bb Blue Jay), Niña the galgo, Wally (Allen Hogg), Thane (Pog Mo Thoine), Oliver (JJ Special Agent), Comet, & Rosie our original mutt.

tiny hada siggy.png

So far, I've not had a problem getting Nate's Nature's Domain Turkey and Sweet Potato Formula kibble and canned food at Costco, though the piles of bags/boxes are not quite as high as usual. 

We are having a hard time getting the Hill's Science Diet Metabolic that the cats eat.  The cats are really picky, so of course, it's their food we can't find. :rolleyes:

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

Val eats a fancy-schmancy frozen food from the indie pet store, I’ve only had a problem getting that once, but I recall a month or so ago Costco put a one bag per customer limit on all their pet food. They have since lifted it, but it could come back any time. I guess this is our new normal. Plus, the cost :yikes

No problem getting my two's kibble but I buy it online either from the Greyhound Trust who haven't put their prices up but have reduced the size from 14kg to 13kg or I buy Gain Maintenance which has gone up 25%. At the moment I have 6 x 15kg (33lbs) sacks in stock which will last my two about 3 months.

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

Purina ProPlan Large Breed Chicken and Rice- $ 63 from Chewy for 34 lbs..  We recently thought that we may need a food change so I also have a bag of the ProPlan Salmon for Sensitive tummies. We didn't need the change so that one will get mixed in or used as a topper. 

We have Chewy setup for Autoship, but I usually bump up the shipment each time I open a new bag so that I have a backup bag here about a day later.  I used to keep a couple of months worth on hand but it seems that when I do that someone stops eating whichever kibble I have stockpiled. :lol  We've used the ProPlan for a long time, but had a few little tummy things happen that made us wonder if the formula had changed. It all seems to be okay now, so I don't know if there was a temporary ingredient change, or if the dogs just had a stomach thing happening for a bit. 

We did find that we need to buy the Large Breed food for the larger kibble size, as both dogs tend to choke or gag on the smaller kibble size of the regular ProPlan. (Same food - just smaller kibble size) 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life