It's a boy! Update page 2: And now he has a name!

6 hours ago, dante2zoe said:

Congrats!  You have great taste in names! 

Goose's official name was Shotgun which was not going work for us.  We were going to call him Gunner and my son said to just call him Goose, the gunner in Top Gun.  Thankfully we did, as we got new neighbors a couple months later whose husband was Gunner.  THAT could have been real awkward - "Gunner pee now!"  :rofl 

We currently have an Angus - a big black and white cow dog.  He bounced to us when his previous owner was diagnosed with a terminal condition.  

And, my son's name is Kevin.  He chatters a lot, too.  :rotfl 

Wishing you much happiness with this new journey.  

We met a Goose at the kennel and I thought of yours. I didn't know yours started as a "gun" dog though—how clever of your son! Unfortunately this Goose liked to correct the other dogs when they accidentally or on purpose touched him and that was not going to work with Richard, the cat with no boundaries.

Do you call your Angus "Angus Beefcake"? That was my plan. :lol 

52596614938_aefa4e9757_o.jpg

Rachel with littermates Doolin and Willa, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our beautiful, feisty, silly
 Sweep:heart

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, ramonaghan said:

We met a Goose at the kennel and I thought of yours. I didn't know yours started as a "gun" dog though—how clever of your son! Unfortunately this Goose liked to correct the other dogs when they accidentally or on purpose touched him and that was not going to work with Richard, the cat with no boundaries.

Do you call your Angus "Angus Beefcake"? That was my plan. :lol 

We called our Goose a silly goose as he was afraid of everything - until his littermate brother, Maverick, arrived.  Then all was rite in his whirled.  Maverick was known as ShoMe and we had Zoe then, so that would not have worked either. 

No, we haven't called him Angus Beefcake, but I may have to do that!  He is a huge leaner and those 76 pounds completely pressed against you become quite the force! 

Congrats with Doolin and I hope you do not have to use his full name too often.  That middle name is quite the mouthful! 

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

6 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Mark often does a 3AM sing along. Maybe we can get them on Zoom together and they can entertain each other. 

Toodles will do the 4 AM round. :lol 

So it's Mark at 3, Toodles at 4, and Doolin at 5. :yikes 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

7 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

By the way, Doolin just got his first French fries and they got the seal of approval. He wanted you to know. :lol 

Mark and LaVida approve! 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

51 minutes ago, GreyPoopon said:

So it's Mark at 3, Toodles at 4, and Doolin at 5. :yikes 

Mark, Toodles and Doolin. Call us today. :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Hum, it seems that other hounds have 3:00 AM and 4:00 AM covered now.  That explains why Nate has recently shifted to 5:00 AM. :lol  Doolin, you're a gem!

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

23 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

Mark, Toodles and Doolin. Call us today. :lol

Or, better still, sleep in. :lol 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)