It's a boy! Update page 2: And now he has a name!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What a handsome boy! Long may you all be happy together.

Clare with Tiger (Snapper Gar, b. 18/05/2015), and remembering Ken (Boomtown Ken, 01/05/2011-21/02/2020) and Doc (Barefoot Doctor, 20/08/2001-15/04/2015).

"It is also to be noted of every species, that the handsomest of each move best ... and beasts of the most elegant form, always excel in speed; of this, the horse and greyhound are beautiful examples."----Wiliam Hogarth, The Analysis of Beauty, 1753.

10 hours ago, GreyPoopon said:

Wooooohoooooo!!!!!! :banana :pepper :banana :pepper 

Kiowa Sweet Trey offspring are extra special. :beatheart 

Indeed they are. My two sets of littermates plus at least three additional campers were all Kiowa Sweet Trey babies in close generations. :beatheart

I know that his momma wouldn’t mind, how about Connor, after The Rifleman Chuck Connor. (He’s not “Chuck” lol)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

:wub:

Congrats….Such a very handsome big boy.

I like Angus.  Also Kevin.  And Ted.  Gunnar would get shortened down to Gun…

Nancy...Mom to Sid (Peteles Tiger), Kibo (112 Carlota Galgos) and Joshi.  Missing Casey, Gomer, Mona, Penelope, BillieJean, Bandit, Nixon (Starz Sammie),  Ruby (Watch Me Dash) Nigel (Nigel), and especially little Mario, waiting at the Bridge.

SKJ-summer.jpg.31e290e1b8b0d604d47a8be586ae7361.jpg

Nothing wrong with his voice :lol We had a 5 a.m. barking zoomie fest! I found my sock across the room. We will work on his clock, but it's wonderful to see him so comfortable already. Perhaps we should name him Rooster.

53827132849_248d9686fd_o.jpg

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds
 Sweep and Willa:heart

He's a beauty, congrats! We have a Badger, as we thought his face looked like a Badger, but then we adopted another black and white one and she looks even more like a Badger so it's all very confusing. 

Looks like he's settling in well, and I can't believe he's so cat safe already. We are three months in and still have baby gates everywhere and have to watch Maeby like a hawk!

:ding

Please meet: Doolin.

Gunslinger? Check. Bonus that he's from Arkansas.
Irish? Check. (For Uncle Aiden plusalso he's a Monaghan.)
Lends itself to silly nicknames? Check. Dooly, Doodlebug, Doodoo (you know it will happen).

His middle name is Angus Ernest Winston Harry Kevin Connor Badger Remington. You know, for when he is naughty.

Edited by ramonaghan

Rachel with Doolin Doodle Dooooo, boss cat Tootie, and feline squatters Crumpet and Fezziwig.
Missing gentlemen kitties MudHenry, and Richard and our gorgeous, gutsy girlhounds

Congrats!  You have great taste in names! 

Goose's official name was Shotgun which was not going work for us.  We were going to call him Gunner and my son said to just call him Goose, the gunner in Top Gun.  Thankfully we did, as we got new neighbors a couple months later whose husband was Gunner.  THAT could have been real awkward - "Gunner pee now!"  :rofl 

We currently have an Angus - a big black and white cow dog.  He bounced to us when his previous owner was diagnosed with a terminal condition.  

And, my son's name is Kevin.  He chatters a lot, too.  :rotfl 

Wishing you much happiness with this new journey.  

gallery_16605_3214_8259.jpg

Cindy with Miss Fancypants, Paris Bueller, Zeke, and Angus 
Dante (Dg's Boyd), Zoe (In a While), Brady (Devilish Effect), Goose (BG Shotgun), Maverick (BG ShoMe), Maggie (All Trades Jax), Sherman (LNB Herman Bad) and Indy (BYB whippet) forever in my heart
The flame that burns the brightest, burns the fastest and leaves the biggest shadow

:wave   Hi Doolin!   Greyt name and interesting background for his name- very creative!

gallery_22163_3545_8773.jpg

Humans Kathy and Jim with our girls, Ivy (Carolina Spoon) and Cherry (Fly Cherry Pie)

Missing our beautiful angel Breeze (Dighton Breeze) and angel Beka (BM Beko) - you are forever in our hearts.

• ramonaghan changed the title to It's a boy! Update page 2: And now he has a name!

:yay Perfect!! Doolin :beatheart

Oh dear, by the time you get to the end of yelling his middle name both of y’all will have forgotten why :lol

(Uncle Aiden is delighted for all of you 🍀)

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M, Ebbie, HollyBeeBop (Betty Crocker).

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

Congratulations on your gorgeous Doolin.  He is a lucky boy.

gallery_11446_3599_3864.jpg
Nancy, Mom to Evangelina and Kiva
Missing Lacey, Patsy, Buster, my heart dog Nick, Winnie, Pollyanna, Tess, my precious Lydia, Calvin Lee, my angel butterfly Laila, and kitties Lily, Sam and Simon
My Etsy shop: http://www.etsy.com/shop/Catsburgandhoundtown

Congratulations! When I first skimmed through the pictures in the first post I saw the one with the cat on a bed, immediately followed by the one with the greyhound attacking something on a bed, and thought: That can't be good. (Then I read the captions :-)

Rob
Logan (April 7, 2010 - July 9, 2023) - LoganMaxicon15K.jpg - Max (August 4, 2004 - January 11, 2018)

1 hour ago, okslater said:

Looks like he's settling in well, and I can't believe he's so cat safe already. We are three months in and still have baby gates everywhere and have to watch Maeby like a hawk!

I can't either. Even with the two outdoor cats we feed (who never come into our fenced backyard anyway), he's just.not.interested. We will still keep the crate up for separation training and won't leave them unattended together for a while yet, but it is a huge relief.

Ha! It says it right there in the Wikipedia - "William Doolin was an American bandit outlaw".  A bandit! :ph34r  Have fun with him! :lol:

Lila Football
Jerilyn, missing Lila (Good Looking), new Mistress to Wiki (PJ Wicked).

YEAH, DOOLIN! I call my brown tabby girl Doodlebug as well. She's got a million nicknames.

Johnny's noise aversion was to small engines, and sometimes fireworks. If people set them off in the neighborhood, it was a no-go. 

Current Crew: Gino-Gene-Eugene! (Eastnor Rebel: Makeshift x Celtic Dream); Fuzzy the Goo-Goo Girl (BGR Fuzzy Navel: Boc's Blast Off x Superior Peace); Roman the Giant Galoot! (Imark Roman: Crossfire Clyde x Shana Wookie); Kitties Archie and Dixie

Forever Missed: K9 Sasha (2001-2015); Johnny (John Reese--Gable Dodge x O'Jays) (2011-19); the kitties Terry and Bibbi; and all the others I've had the privilege to know

36938152140_1a2fd29a1f.jpg

4 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

Nothing wrong with his voice :lol We had a 5 a.m. barking zoomie fest! I found my sock across the room. We will work on his clock, but it's wonderful to see him so comfortable already. Perhaps we should name him Rooster.

Mark often does a 3AM sing along. Maybe we can get them on Zoom together and they can entertain each other. 

3 hours ago, ramonaghan said:

His middle name is Angus Ernest Winston Harry Kevin Connor Badger Remington. You know, for when he is naughty.

That's his "damnit name." :lol  

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

6 minutes ago, Time4ANap said:

Mark often does a 3AM sing along. Maybe we can get them on Zoom together and they can entertain each other. 

Excellent plan! Pearl Jam (the girl we were originally set on and Doolin's half-sister) was clearly the band leader at the kennel. Never has a girl been named so appropriately.

By the way, Doolin just got his first French fries and they got the seal of approval. He wanted you to know. :lol