I Want Dinner And I Want It Now!

The toys start flying when someone is hungry. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

:lol

Love the long stink-eye filled pause in the first part of the video, and the hard-done-by sigh and look at the end.

At least she's a bit more subtle than Opal, who (at nearly 14), bops around, digs in the bone box, chews, and--if I'm lying down--climbs all over me.

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

It looks as tho she’s been hungry :lol Stop filming Dad, and feed me! 

Annie concurs. Poor Lambchop takes a beating every night as I’m preparing dinner for the campers. Every.Night. 

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

1 hour ago, FiveRoooooers said:

It looks as tho she’s been hungry :lol Stop filming Dad, and feed me! 

Annie concurs. Poor Lambchop takes a beating every night as I’m preparing dinner for the campers. Every.Night. 

Our Lambchop is hiding in the corner hoping not to be picked. :rotfl

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life

You can tell Guinness hasn't been round. None of the ears are missing :D

Grace (Ardera Coleen) b. 18 June 2014 - Gotcha Day 10 June 2018 - Going grey gracefully
Guinness (Antigua Rum) b. 3 September 2017 - Gotcha Day 18 March 2022 - A gentleman most of the time

8 hours ago, Time4ANap said:

Our Lambchop is hiding in the corner hoping not to be picked. :rotfl

:lol :lol

Old Dogs are the Best Dogs. :heartThank you, campers. Current enrollees:  Punkin. AnnIE Oooh M

Angels: Pal :heart. Segugio. Sorella (TPGIT). LadyBug. Zeke-aroni. MiMi Sizzle Pants. Gracie. Seamie :heart:brokenheart. (Foster)Sweet. Andy. PaddyALVIN!Mayhem. Bosco. Bruno. Dottie B. Trevor Double-Heart. Bea. Cletus, KLTO. Aiden 1-4.

:paw Upon reflection, our lives are often referenced in parts defined by the all-too-short lives of our dogs.

She puts on quite a show...and there her humans sit, filming and KNOT feeding. :lol 

She's such a nice Lady and is far more polite and subtle than Nate.  Like Beachbum1's Jagger, Nate is a loud barker--and he goes on and on.  Then he moves to using his nice doughnut bed as a chew toy.  Grabbing it and flinging it; digging in it and bunching it into a pile.  Meanwhile, his accomplices,  the 3 cats, are demonstrating the perils of letting anyone become hangry by starting to fight with each other. Is it any wonder that 5:30 dinner time somehow creeps earlier and earlier? 

gallery_2398_3082_9958.jpg
Lucy with Greyhound Nate and OSH Tinker. With loving memories of MoMo (FTH Chyna Moon), Spirit, Miles the slinky kitty (OSH), Piper "The Perfect" (Oneco Chaplin), Winston, Yoda, Hector, and Claire.

:lol  Oh, LaVida, you silly girl :rolleyes:

That is what I used to refer to as "making a kill before dinner". Venus always did that. She'd sometimes stop throwing toys in the living room, peek around the corner into the kitchen and if I was taking too long she'd return to the living room to continue the killing spree. When Venus left us, Soleil took up the job. He was very, very enthusiastic, sometimes managing to throw toys up into the spinning blades of the ceiling fan. He once got hit by the toy he just threw. :lol

16 minutes ago, kudzu said:

:lol  Oh, LaVida, you silly girl :rolleyes:

That is what I used to refer to as "making a kill before dinner". Venus always did that. She'd sometimes stop throwing toys in the living room, peek around the corner into the kitchen and if I was taking too long she'd return to the living room to continue the killing spree. When Venus left us, Soleil took up the job. He was very, very enthusiastic, sometimes managing to throw toys up into the spinning blades of the ceiling fan. He once got hit by the toy he just threw. :lol

She is channeling Petunia. Petunia had a killing session every night before dinner, usually starting at exactly one hour before dinner was served.  The longer dinner took, the harder Petunia flung the toys.

She is like Petunia in so many ways that we have both accidentally called her Petunia several times. There is no record of LaVida having pups, but she was definitely raised around broodies, as she is a broodie in every possible way. If nothing else, she is an honorary broodie. 

On 6/28/2022 at 1:48 PM, Time4ANap said:

If nothing else, she is an honorary broodie. 

:beatheart 

Standard Poodle Daisy (12/13)
Missing Cora (RL Nevada 5/99-10/09), Piper (Cee Bar Easy 2/99-1/10), Tally (Thunder La La 9/99-3/10), Edie (Daring Reva 9/99-10/12), Dixie (Kiowa Secret Sue 11/01-1/13), Jessie (P's Real Time 11/98-3/13), token boy Graham (Zydeco Dancer 9/00-5/13), Cal (Back Already 12/99-11/13), Betsy (Back Kick Beth 11/98-12/13), Standard Poodles Minnie (1/99-1/14) + Perry (9/98-2/14), Annie (Do Marcia 9/03-10/14), Pink (Miss Pinky Baker 1/02-6/15), Poppy (Cmon Err Not 8/05-1/16), Kat (Jax Candy 5/05-5/17), Ivy (Jax Isis 10/07-7/21), Hildy (Braska Hildy 7/10-12/22), Opal (Jax Opal 7/08-4/23). Toodles (BL Toodles 7/09-4/24)

On 6/28/2022 at 1:48 PM, Time4ANap said:

There is no record of LaVida having pups, but she was definitely raised around broodies, as she is a broodie in every possible way. If nothing else, she is an honorary broodie. 

I have considered a broodie. Their reputation makes them appealing. :)

3 hours ago, kudzu said:

I have considered a broodie. Their reputation makes them appealing. :)

If you can find one now, snap her up.  We will take in any broodie at any time. We had a blast with our senior broodies but they were not here anywhere near long enough. They are in-charge, highly opinionated and you never know from one minute to the next what they will do.  Petunia was the "fun police." Kate was the reason that Petunia was the fun police. :lol

To compare our broodie experience: Chris always said that Petunia was the doting mother who knew every move that every one of her pups made at all times and didn't tolerate any of ther puppy antics without correcting them.  Kate still had her curlers in at 3PM and sent her pups to the corner store for whiskey and cigarettes. 

Broodies :wub:  My first greyhound was a 7 yr old broodie. She was generally a pretty shy, quiet dog, very polite, but when I got a big, rowdy 2yr old, she could put him in his place with “the look” :lol She never growled, just shot him the look and he was “Ma’am, yes Ma’am, sorry Ma’am!” :rofl

On 7/5/2022 at 12:40 PM, Remolacha said:

Broodies :wub:  My first greyhound was a 7 yr old broodie. She was generally a pretty shy, quiet dog, very polite, but when I got a big, rowdy 2yr old, she could put him in his place with “the look” :lol She never growled, just shot him the look and he was “Ma’am, yes Ma’am, sorry Ma’am!” :rofl

One of our neighbors has asked to borrow Petunia and now LaVida because they have mastered "the broodie look" with the neighbor's Aussie. One look from either and the Aussie would just do a sit. 

On 7/5/2022 at 3:40 PM, Remolacha said:

This sounds exactly like Andy when he was a new camper and got all puffed up around (Foster)Sweet, who was my first of two broodies. "The look" - yep, that's all it took, resulting in a similar response from Androooo - "Sorry Ma'am yes Ma'am, won't happen again Ma'am" :rofl