Hounds straight off the track

2 hours ago, FiveRoooooers said:

I'll be the first to say that you need both of them. :D

:kiss2

I second that!  And with two they would wear themselves out faster and entertain each other in the yard and while you are gone.  You would have your own playgroup twice the fun…..

ok so I crossed the line to greyhound pusher,  if you can take two take them.  They may be hard to find soon (makes me sad).  :ghplaybow:gh_bow

For many years we fostered dogs for our group that needed medical supervision and/or time to heal.  We had expertise and ability and someone was always home.  Some were harder than others, though we never complained - and obviously we ended up adopting nearly all of them!!  :rolleyes:  As these were all fosters they were chosen to come to our house by the foster coordinator, we only chose the first greyhound!!  :lol  The next...8 dogs were foster fails.  Until we chose Whiskey and Lilly.  And we did deliberately choose dogs that had no overt medical or behavioral issues on purpose.  We put in our time rehabbing and felt we deserved to just have "easy" for a while after nursing two dogs through life-ending illnesses at the same time.  

So don't worry about choosing the "easy" way.  Every dog needs adopting by someone and it might as well be YOU!!  And if you can't decide, well, two are twice the fun!  ;) 

Chris - Mom to: Felicity (DeLand), and Andi (Braska Pandora)

52592535884_69debcd9b4.jpgsiggy by Chris Harper, on Flickr

Angels: Libby (Everlast), Dorie (Dog Gone Holly), Dude (TNJ VooDoo), Copper (Kid's Copper), Cash (GSI Payncash), Toni (LPH Cry Baby), Whiskey (KT's Phys Ed), Atom, Lilly

On 6/20/2022 at 9:15 AM, greysmom said:

For many years we fostered dogs for our group that needed medical supervision and/or time to heal.  We had expertise and ability and someone was always home.  Some were harder than others, though we never complained - and obviously we ended up adopting nearly all of them!!  :rolleyes:  As these were all fosters they were chosen to come to our house by the foster coordinator, we only chose the first greyhound!!  :lol  The next...8 dogs were foster fails.  Until we chose Whiskey and Lilly.  And we did deliberately choose dogs that had no overt medical or behavioral issues on purpose.  We put in our time rehabbing and felt we deserved to just have "easy" for a while after nursing two dogs through life-ending illnesses at the same time.  

So don't worry about choosing the "easy" way.  Every dog needs adopting by someone and it might as well be YOU!!  And if you can't decide, well, two are twice the fun!  ;) 

You made me realize that the only hound we chose was Rocket. He was our first. The others all arrived here as part of some circumstance or the other and never left. A couple of them were only here for a few weeks which was not easy, but their final weeks were spent happy and spoiled rotten. I miss every one of them like they were here for years, whether they were or not. 

rocket-signature-jpeg.jpg

Camp Broodie. The current home of Mark Kay Mark Jack and Gracie Kiowa Safe Joan.  Always missing my boy Rocket Hi Noon Rocket,  Allie  Phoenix Dynamite, Kate Miss Kate, Starz Under Da Starz, Petunia MW Neptunia, Diva Astar Dashindiva, and LaVida I've Got Life